Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 34. (Read 150602 times)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
FTC Difficulty changes.. Why do they seem to always lag behind in updates when Difficulty drops?

I concur, I am trying to implement auto switching between FTC and LTC but I cannot because coinchoose says FTC difficulty is 193 whereas its actually 137.  Can we get this fixed it would be most appreciated.

thanks
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
FTC Difficulty changes.. Why do they seem to always lag behind in updates when Difficulty drops?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Hi- I'm running a script that pulls JSON data from your site, and apparently my IP has been banned. Am I pulling data too often? I was running every one minute, now I"m changing it to 5. I'll go even longer if you'd prefer. Let me know.

Or maybe the problem is something else?

"The owner of this website (www.coinchoose.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature. (Ref. 1010)"

Sorry if I've been taxing your servers or anything, it wasn't my intention!

It can handle once a minute, but the data shouldn't change that often (it is about every 5 now as the site got larger).

I'm getting this error regardless of the update time. Any ideas? The script is in python.
Activity: 490
Why do some coins seem to disappear? For instance HBN is not on the site currently.
Block explorer dead.  HBN is a coin I still can't get the daemon to run, so until the block explorer comes back up, it will stay removed.

I noticed Lebowski coins are not on the list now too, is this because of similar issues or something else? Thank you!

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me there are ways dude, you don't wanna know about 'em. Believe me. Hell I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon..... with nailpolish!"

Too much crazy happening in that post Smiley.  Yes, it is the same.  http://lbw.webboise.com:2796/chain/Lebowskis/ is down.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Why do some coins seem to disappear? For instance HBN is not on the site currently.
Block explorer dead.  HBN is a coin I still can't get the daemon to run, so until the block explorer comes back up, it will stay removed.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0808/this-is-what-happens-lebowski-walter-stranger-ass-car-dude-demotivational-poster-1218667280.jpg

I noticed Lebowski coins are not on the list now too, is this because of similar issues or something else? Thank you!

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me there are ways dude, you don't wanna know about 'em. Believe me. Hell I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon..... with nailpolish!"
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
Anoncoin does not seem to update blocks since ~200 blocks ago. Stuck?

Possibly - http://explorer.anoncoin.net/chain/Anoncoin/ is where I get my stats.  Know who runs that?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Anoncoin does not seem to update blocks since ~200 blocks ago. Stuck?
Activity: 574
Cryptsy now has GME -- LTC market.
any chance you can get bottlecaps back on (CAP)

As soon as its block explorer is fixed - must be under attack!
Nevermind - I see it is down.  Looks like the block explorer I am using (http://explorer.litecoin.net/) is down which means I will work on bringing up a daemon for this one as well.  It will be about 8 hours (depending how long it takes to download the full blockchain).

I just saw it come back. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1498
any chance you can get bottlecaps back on (CAP)
Nevermind - I see it is down.  Looks like the block explorer I am using (http://explorer.litecoin.net/) is down which means I will work on bringing up a daemon for this one as well.  It will be about 8 hours (depending how long it takes to download the full blockchain).
Thanks for the response, but as of just now, I still don't see it, nor has it been there for the past 4-5 hours.

I just saw it 4 hours ago.  Can you post a screenshot?

I'm not sure how posting a screenshot will help, it's not on the site, nor working for the API.
Thanks for the response, but as of just now, I still don't see it, nor has it been there for the past 4-5 hours.

I just saw it 4 hours ago.  Can you post a screenshot?
I need to review this thread more, but what is the actual reason for LTC disappearing? I don't want to jump to conclusions on non-technical reasons this would happen.

It was up when I looked so it must have been temporary. Was it not on the BTC page or the LTC page (or both)?  If so, what did it look like on the LTC page?

The actual reason (as it is for 99% of all coins disappearing from my site) was the public block explorer for LTC ceased responding to inquiries (could have been down or under attack).  When I cease getting a response from a public block explorer, to avoid stale / wrong data, I automatically (by design) remove the coin from the listing.  Once the block explorer goes back up - it appears again.  

I am working on, in a way that doesn't give the impression the data is accurate and, in fact, makes it quite evident that the actual row should be ignored, the coin stays up.  Sort of a catch 22, though, as now people are yelling about a coin being removed, but even if I make it evident, people will be yelling that my data is wrong.

Again, as I have said over and over - I have removed TWO coins manually since CoinChoose has launched and BOTH at the request of the coin's developers (one to keep it out of attention and the other because it was attacked and couldn't be saved).  I have suspended coins that there is a verifiable attack / block chain split until those get resolved so people are not wasting time mining.  For no other reason have I removed a coin.  It would be silly of me to remove LTC as I dedicate a whole second page to LTC.
I need to review this thread more, but what is the actual reason for LTC disappearing? I don't want to jump to conclusions on non-technical reasons this would happen.
Pages:
Jump to: