Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 69. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Why isn't YACoin on the list? Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Can you remove Cryptsy as a source for valuing currency? It's so out of whack right now, it's not even funny. The buy orders are a compete joke, just people hoping other people will sell buy accident, and they sell orders, are inacurate. It's throwing your profit %, out of whack. Keep an eye on it, maybe, but right now, it's a complete joke.

Or, atleast remove it for everything, except RYC, since it's the only exchange to carry the fail coin

I noticed the quotes I was pulling from are inaccurate as well - so, done.  Removed for all but RYC.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml
Can you remove Cryptsy as a source for valuing currency? It's so out of whack right now, it's not even funny. The buy orders are a compete joke, just people hoping other people will sell buy accident, and they sell orders, are inacurate. It's throwing your profit %, out of whack. Keep an eye on it, maybe, but right now, it's a complete joke.

Or, atleast remove it for everything, except RYC, since it's the only exchange to carry the fail coin
Just in case one day people want to look at a similar chart, but with LTC as the base, look here - http://www.coinchoose.com/litecoin.php

I even added a litecoin api call - http://www.coinchoose.com/api.php?base=ltc
fml
Fixed.  Sorry about that (my fault).
what source are you using for Worldcoin difficulty?

Using the Worldcoin block explorer that was presented earlier.  Right now switching to local as that one is broken.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
dif is wrong there it should be 8.1 atm. maybe its not updated yet

Indeed! It would be nice if it were fixed soon.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
dif is wrong there it should be 8.1 atm. maybe its not updated yet
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
what source are you using for Worldcoin difficulty?
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017
Just a smal question to the author, how do you calculate profitability of a coin using the difficulty value? I.e. how long does it take to find a block for a given difficulty, so I can calculate the number of coins according to the current block reward.

I'm not really interested in profitability against bitcoin but in coins/day for coins not listed in an exchange yet.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello - for your specific question "how long does it take to find a block for a given difficulty?" - time = difficulty * 2**32 / hashrate.  I think CoinWarz has a calc up for the non-exchange coins, as they don't yet fit on my sheet, but that is the general calc.

As far as how I calc the profitability - basically a comparison of the difficulty between the alt coin and BTC, look at the different block rewards and then see what it takes to convert to BTC.  If better than mining BTC alone, then it has a profitability greater than 100%.
So for a hashrate of 330 KH/s, I could do:

60*60*24 / (diff * 2^32) / 330,000 = no. of shares in a day

So this way I can calculate how many shares I can get in a day for a given difficulty, and then multiply these shares for the block reward.

Thanks!

Just a smal question to the author, how do you calculate profitability of a coin using the difficulty value? I.e. how long does it take to find a block for a given difficulty, so I can calculate the number of coins according to the current block reward.

I'm not really interested in profitability against bitcoin but in coins/day for coins not listed in an exchange yet.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello - for your specific question "how long does it take to find a block for a given difficulty?" - time = difficulty * 2**32 / hashrate.  I think CoinWarz has a calc up for the non-exchange coins, as they don't yet fit on my sheet, but that is the general calc.

As far as how I calc the profitability - basically a comparison of the difficulty between the alt coin and BTC, look at the different block rewards and then see what it takes to convert to BTC.  If better than mining BTC alone, then it has a profitability greater than 100%.
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

Thanks a bunch!
fml
will you be adding cryptsy.com prices once it launches?

Leave that fake exchange out of this. It's where failed alt coins, will go to die

lol whatever

Yeah, what am I thinking. I'm sure once RYC, Franko and PWC start trading here, the real exchanges will then be eager to pick them up  Roll Eyes

Exchanges make money skimming on our trades they don't care what the coin trades at just so long as it trades if there is an exchange that carries coins that yours doesn't that makes it easier then they lose volume and they will pick it up. RYC has a decent following still and I cant say for sure but the fact MCXnow picked up WDC hours before the cryptsy launch probably isn't a coincidence.

It doesn't have PWC, that adds some credibility in my books. I'll certainly keep an eye on it, but I can't see people switching to yet another exchange. I think you'll see volume, in the other currencies other exchanges don't want, and that will probably be a whole lot of sell orders, wth very few buy orders
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John

Leave that fake exchange out of this. It's where failed alt coins, will go to die

lol whatever

Yeah, what am I thinking. I'm sure once RYC, Franko and PWC start trading here, the real exchanges will then be eager to pick them up  Roll Eyes

Exchanges make money skimming on our trades they don't care what the coin trades at just so long as it trades if there is an exchange that carries coins that yours doesn't that makes it easier then they lose volume and they will pick it up. RYC has a decent following still and I cant say for sure but the fact MCXnow picked up WDC hours before the cryptsy launch probably isn't a coincidence.
Activity: 518
Added.

The profitability is even much bigger because the block reward is 50 and not 32

nope its 32

Ups sorry my fault, I mixed it with nibble. Shame on me! Its 32, you're right...
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Added.

nope its 32
fml

lol whatever

Activity: 518
Added.

Pages:
Jump to: