Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 71. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
2 to the power of 16, or 65536. So for example current LTC difficulty of 605.526 is reported as 39.7M. BTW, CoinChoose is still showing a diff of 596.88735373 for LTC.

Oops - fixed.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
2 to the power of 16, or 65536. So for example current LTC difficulty of 605.526 is reported as 39.7M. BTW, CoinChoose is still showing a diff of 596.88735373 for LTC.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Block: 00ecb8669cd08eda...  Diff:11.2M  Started: [16:49:43]  Best share: 70.2K

It's also listed in the "coin" API call reply.

For scrypt, cgminer does a conversion by multiplying all difficulties with 2**16. That's why those values might not look right.

Multiplying with 2**16??? What's that?
Block: 00ecb8669cd08eda...  Diff:11.2M  Started: [16:49:43]  Best share: 70.2K

It's also listed in the "coin" API call reply.

For scrypt, cgminer does a conversion by multiplying all difficulties with 2**16. That's why those values might not look right.
legendary
The difficulty reported by terracoind (which I guess is what cryptocoinexplorer uses) is not for the next block to be generated, but for the last one already generated. AFAIK only cgminer/bfgminer show what the current difficulty is. That difference doesn't matter much with bitcoind, but with terracoind the reported difficulty is very often lagging behind since it changes so often. Not really relevant to CoinChoose since you are smoothing the graph anyway, but for someone setting up a hopping script, this is a way to optimize it.

Where exactly does cgminer report the current diff? I remember seen a diff number somewhere in the first lines of the cgminer console but nothing to do with the actual coin diff.
legendary
Activity: 1344
I love  www.coinchoose.com and sal002 is doing a great job.  Just thought I'll make that clear.

+1. I was using coinwarz for a while and then I found coinchoose and I prefer the interface. Added to my favourites.
Activity: 252
I love  www.coinchoose.com and sal002 is doing a great job.  Just thought I'll make that clear.
The difficulty reported by terracoind (which I guess is what cryptocoinexplorer uses) is not for the next block to be generated, but for the last one already generated. AFAIK only cgminer/bfgminer show what the current difficulty is. That difference doesn't matter much with bitcoind, but with terracoind the reported difficulty is very often lagging behind since it changes so often. Not really relevant to CoinChoose since you are smoothing the graph anyway, but for someone setting up a hopping script, this is a way to optimize it.
TRC difficulty does not change every hour - it seems to change much more rapidly than that (almost per each block) - just keep hitting reload on http://trc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/Terracoin/q/getdifficulty
Of all the people on this board I am shocked that sal002 does not know that terracoin's difficulty changes on EVERY block.  See here: http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/chain/Terracoin

Didn't I just say that? Smiley  (I guess I should have said "every block", instead of "almost every block" Smiley )
Activity: 252
TRC difficulty does not change every hour - it seems to change much more rapidly than that (almost per each block) - just keep hitting reload on http://trc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/Terracoin/q/getdifficulty
Of all the people on this board I am shocked that sal002 does not know that terracoin's difficulty changes on EVERY block.  See here: http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/chain/Terracoin
These types of sites really assisted in making it a race to the bottom. Now that they are popular one just needs to guess which coin might spike in price as everyone just refers to these types of sites and drives the price down and diff up. Making them rather pointless.

So who will take a guess which coin might be double the profit of btc next month? :-)

This are mining only charts.  Other aspects, such as the marketplace, acceptance by vendors, etc, impact the viability of a crypto currency.  Basically, I agree that these charts help to harmonize the mining and make sure a coin isn't too far out in that respect and tend to drive the currencies to all be around 100% or less if they lack those other fundamentals.
legendary
Actually, the difficulty is less than that - http://trc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/Terracoin/q/getdifficulty

However, I average out the past hours difficulty in what is shown in the chart given its large swings.

Sorry, I don't understand, that number seems to be changing every couple of minutes but I thought Terracoin diff was adjusted only once per hour. How does it work exactly?
legendary
Activity: 2072
These types of sites really assisted in making it a race to the bottom. Now that they are popular one just needs to guess which coin might spike in price as everyone just refers to these types of sites and drives the price down and diff up. Making them rather pointless.

So who will take a guess which coin might be double the profit of btc next month? :-)
Also added historical price chart.  Any highcharts experts can figure out why I can't get zooming to work?
Added a table using LTC as the basis for profitability.  Not much use now, but may be one day....
Is YAC a useful coin to have here? It's not a usual Scrypt coin, so it can't be directly compared to any other coin, is my understanding. The only way to mine it is to CPU mine (currently) so you can do it in addition to any other coin you're mining.

On second thought - until there is a GPU way to mine it that is comparable, it does not belong here (or there is a easily mathematical way to figure out the block reward which it seems like there is not).  I am removing it for now.

Good decision. It was making the other graphs hard to read Smiley
Is YAC a useful coin to have here? It's not a usual Scrypt coin, so it can't be directly compared to any other coin, is my understanding. The only way to mine it is to CPU mine (currently) so you can do it in addition to any other coin you're mining.

On second thought - until there is a GPU way to mine it that is comparable, it does not belong here (or there is a easily mathematical way to figure out the block reward which it seems like there is not).  I am removing it for now.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
This is the kind of issue I've mentioned, profitability involves unavoidable assumptions about the type of hardware being used to do the mining.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
YAC information is wrong, but funnily enough it balances out. The reward is not fixed 100, it's around 15-16 right now per block and changing in time. The hashrate thanks to using variable N in the scrypt-jane implementation is however ~6x higher than scrypt mining. Therefore the two factors balance each other out and it's indeed ~4x more profitable to mine than BTC right now. Though only for cpu miners (and possibly the rumored unofficial gpu miners)
Pages:
Jump to: