Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinFest UK - page 21. (Read 62230 times)

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
November 27, 2015, 01:50:47 AM
Nice to see more things happening with this and also based in Manchester. Any location confirmed or where will be held as of yet as am Manchester based maybe get something put together or get some promoting done to expose the event as I will have time on my hands in the coming months by the looks of it. And with this being mid next year I could look at getting some flyers and other stuff priced up to get some handed out across parts of Manchester town. Need more events like this and to have something that is maybe monthly and eventually something solid that can promote and make more and more people aware of Bitcoin as Manchester is a massive growing and up coming place.
Does the print ship for flyers take Bitcoin? Tongue You should definitely have more events like this in Manchester, but CoinFest only occurs once a year so as to ensure that as many cities around the world celebrate at the same time as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
November 26, 2015, 10:51:27 PM
Nice to see more things happening with this and also based in Manchester. Any location confirmed or where will be held as of yet as am Manchester based maybe get something put together or get some promoting done to expose the event as I will have time on my hands in the coming months by the looks of it. And with this being mid next year I could look at getting some flyers and other stuff priced up to get some handed out across parts of Manchester town. Need more events like this and to have something that is maybe monthly and eventually something solid that can promote and make more and more people aware of Bitcoin as Manchester is a massive growing and up coming place.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
November 13, 2015, 06:05:01 AM
Why so far North anyway? Why not down south around London where people are?
There are many people up North aswell! London host a wide range of events so its time Manchester had some of its own. Manchester is the second largest urban area in the United Kingdom so its about time people come to us aswell.
I feel a rivalry coming on.  Cheesy

Cheesy I just think Manchester needs to be added to the world of crypto as much as London.

George Osborne supposedly re-emphasised his desire for London to be a world leader in both FinTech and digital currencies. Why London why not the UK
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
November 12, 2015, 04:05:24 PM
There are many people up North aswell! London host a wide range of events so its time Manchester had some of its own. Manchester is the second largest urban area in the United Kingdom so its about time people come to us aswell.
I feel a rivalry coming on.  Cheesy
legendary
November 12, 2015, 05:48:34 AM
We are looking for speakers for our event in Manchester UK next year, as we are the first CoinFest in Manchester we want to start our event with talks on how cryptocurrencies work (From brief to detailed), the history of cryptocurrencies and bitcoin / the blockchain.

Anyone interested please PM me.

When is it and where are you looking to hold it? There is quite a swell of Bitcoin related investment and know-how in the UK, I think the UK was actually ahead of the curve when it comes to the progression of Bitcoin.

The event will be on the 8th and 9th of April 2016 we are currently in final discussions with a few venues in Manchester. Definitely we have good development but I hope we keep it up.

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
November 11, 2015, 08:06:19 PM
We are looking for speakers for our event in Manchester UK next year, as we are the first CoinFest in Manchester we want to start our event with talks on how cryptocurrencies work (From brief to detailed), the history of cryptocurrencies and bitcoin / the blockchain.

When is it and where are you looking to hold it? There is quite a swell of Bitcoin related investment and know-how in the UK, I think the UK was actually ahead of the curve when it comes to the progression of Bitcoin.

legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

legendary
October 07, 2015, 02:12:26 PM
We've been thinking of who we advertise too for our CoinFest event.

Of course we will advertise to the bitcoin and altcoin communities via forums, social media etc but we understand several groups of IT professionals / technical minded people are interested in attending so we are thinking of opening the event each day with a talk or slideshow on what bitcoin/cryptocurrencies are, positives / negatives of them and current / future applications.

We will work on the slideshow but aim to have someone to discuss this properly with a talk, what do you reckon we should include in the talk / slideshow?
legendary
October 06, 2015, 04:31:29 AM
Maybe we can see some UK Coins make an appearance? SterlingCoin where are you??

That's a great idea. We will be reaching out to UK based cryptocurrency projects who may be interested in some form of presence at the event
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 05, 2015, 05:30:03 AM
Maybe we can see some UK Coins make an appearance? SterlingCoin where are you??
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
October 05, 2015, 05:28:59 AM
This sounds very interesting, I'm definitely going to try come to this.
legendary
October 05, 2015, 04:25:41 AM
Congratulations on the opening.

Thanks.

If anyone knows any bitcoin accepting vendors who can supply custom pin badges, custom carrier bags and custom flyers. Preferably UK based let us know. Thanks
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 04, 2015, 08:54:06 AM
Congratulations on the opening.
legendary
October 03, 2015, 05:26:28 AM
We will be playing The Cypherfunks music at our event next year, thanks guys!
legendary
October 03, 2015, 05:07:33 AM
Use one of those balanced things that just keeps popping back up for more abuse Cheesy

A better idea ! - We could have one either side of the entrance table
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
October 01, 2015, 02:01:14 PM
I would like to see some of those Stress balls ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_ball with " Mark Karpelès testicles " printed on it... but make sure to make it tiny.  Roll Eyes

Or a T-Shirt or two, with the following printed on it... " I am Satoshi " or " BitCoin CEO "  

I hope all this fork fuckery will be sorted out by then... We need a CoinFest with a bit of Oemf! ....Good luck with the arrangements.. See you there.  Grin

The stressballs are an awesome idea! Cheesy I bet any gox user would love to get one of those puppies in their hands Cheesy

go the full hog and get a karpeles punchbag installed in foyer  Grin

I think it would be broken by the end of the day!

Use one of those balanced things that just keeps popping back up for more abuse Cheesy
legendary
October 01, 2015, 05:33:26 AM
I would like to see some of those Stress balls ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_ball with " Mark Karpelès testicles " printed on it... but make sure to make it tiny.  Roll Eyes

Or a T-Shirt or two, with the following printed on it... " I am Satoshi " or " BitCoin CEO "  

I hope all this fork fuckery will be sorted out by then... We need a CoinFest with a bit of Oemf! ....Good luck with the arrangements.. See you there.  Grin

The stressballs are an awesome idea! Cheesy I bet any gox user would love to get one of those puppies in their hands Cheesy

I think it would be broken by the end of the day!
legendary
Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001
September 30, 2015, 03:19:18 PM

legendary
September 30, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

I will accept royalties on every ball, if you like it that much... nah just joking... just glad you liked the idea. I think there is a bunch of people who would like to have a firm grip

on his egg sack...  Roll Eyes If you decide to implement the idea, please return to this thread and share some photo's with us, or place some online for us to buy.

Just make sure, no royalties goes towards Mark's pockets... he has enough of our Bitcoins already.  Angry

lol - I have nicknamed them stressticles! We will definitely share the final product with you and hopefully have some left over to giveaway.

No royalties at all will go to Mark!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
September 30, 2015, 11:08:04 AM

Now that's an idea - Mark Karpelès stress balls! They'll definitely be on the list! Thanks

Looking at finding a Bitcoin accepting tshirt printers if not I'll just find a local company, again thanks for the ideas

See you there

I will accept royalties on every ball, if you like it that much... nah just joking... just glad you liked the idea. I think there is a bunch of people who would like to have a firm grip

on his egg sack...  Roll Eyes If you decide to implement the idea, please return to this thread and share some photo's with us, or place some online for us to buy.

Just make sure, no royalties goes towards Mark's pockets... he has enough of our Bitcoins already.  Angry
Pages:
Jump to: