Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinFest UK - page 14. (Read 62232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
April 07, 2016, 06:33:58 PM
Happy CoinFest, everyone, I hope you're all excited. The following will be the times of the International Hangout (UK time); there's also gonna be a Grabbit match for .2 BTC you can participate in, among other things, which I will announce the exact times of shortly. CoinFest UK will also be given a batch of preloaded Airbitz wallets for distribution to Bitcoin newbs

Friday

6:30 PM – Chelsea Barabas (MIT Media lab)

7:15 PM – Panel: Gaming on the Blockchain

– Anari Sengbe (Gamerholic)

– Michael Dugger (GameCredits)

– Andrew Wagner (Huntercoin)

8 PM – Paul Snow (Factom)

8:45 PM – Susanne Tempelhof (BitNation)

9:30 PM – Eric Duran (FairCoin)

legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
April 07, 2016, 05:26:47 PM
This feels very fascinating. I wish i could come to the event. Better luck next time and also will have to save loads of money Smiley
Hope it goes very well. Good luck to organizing committee and fellow bitcoiners

Hey, thank you for your help!! You created some amazing graphics!! Hopefully we can work together again!

Thanks
legendary
April 07, 2016, 05:26:01 PM
Am down for tomorrow so will see you all their. Hopefully I get their and still plenty to go on. What time everything starting at ? Finishing work at 6pm hoping get a jet-off early and get down for the event as quick as one can or should more so say, what time is the event till on Friday?

The event will be on till 10pm, speakers thoughtout the day and education sessions etc most other stuff will be ongoing. If you can get to site for 17:30 - It's Pizza time then Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
April 07, 2016, 05:02:09 PM
Am down for tomorrow so will see you all their. Hopefully I get their and still plenty to go on. What time everything starting at ? Finishing work at 6pm hoping get a jet-off early and get down for the event as quick as one can or should more so say, what time is the event till on Friday?
legendary
Activity: 1146
April 07, 2016, 04:21:52 PM
This feels very fascinating. I wish i could come to the event. Better luck next time and also will have to save loads of money Smiley
Hope it goes very well. Good luck to organizing committee and fellow bitcoiners
legendary
April 07, 2016, 04:11:15 PM
Competition is closed now

Competition Time!

To note the competition address is: 13AWKRvYdrx16crbdDvt261EAwpxWqGpxY

The awesome graphics above have been created by aizzaku
legendary
April 07, 2016, 05:06:26 AM
Hey guys,

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has contributed, sponsored and advised me with CoinFest UK! Nearly everything is in place, some initial ideas didnt come off but we will keep them for next time (If this CoinFest goes well!).

I hope everyone who is coming has a good time

Thanks guys
legendary
April 07, 2016, 05:01:34 AM
Uhg, American power plugs. We often have those kinds of problems at CoinFest. Like when we sent the Bitcoin ATM from Vancouver to Botswana, there was a firmware to make it accept South African rand

I bet that was a challenge! Hopefully I can get 3 power adapters in time!
legendary
Activity: 1268
April 06, 2016, 08:17:40 PM
Uhg, American power plugs. We often have those kinds of problems at CoinFest. Like when we sent the Bitcoin ATM from Vancouver to Botswana, there was a firmware to make it accept South African rand
legendary
April 06, 2016, 07:10:02 PM
Just a note on the below raffle items - The power supplies supplied with the Raspberry Pi's below had American plug power adapters with them so we have removed them from the packets and will hopefully be able to replace with UK adapters ready for the event Smiley

The DigitalCoin team are offering 3 Raspberry Pi 2 kits for our CoinFestUK raffle.

The full kit includes:

- Pi 2 board in a custom enclosure with fan
- 32GB SanDisk Ultra micro SD
- WiFi dongle
- Power supply
- HDMI cable

The guys have pre-installed Rokos onto the supplied SD cards and as an added bonus they have pre-loaded two of the Pis with 100DGC and one with 1000DGC!

Attendees of CoinFestUK will be entered into the raffle using their ticket raffle IDs automatically (Once they have registered for a ticket and this will be validated when they are scanned in to the event on the day), we are thinking of running 3 raffles (2 on the Friday and 1 on the Saturday)

Check these out

A big thanks goes to the DigitalCoin team for support CoinFestUK!
Digitalcoin.org

legendary
April 06, 2016, 06:50:19 AM

Hey guys,

Please remember if you want to be part of the awesome launch of the GameCredits TurboCharged GP you will have to regiser for a webwallet before the event (You can still register at the event using one of our PCs but just to ensure you have your details ready)

The GameCredits web wallet address is : https://wallet.gamecredits.org/

GameCredits thread - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gamecredits-the-future-of-in-game-monetization-1266597
legendary
April 05, 2016, 03:07:18 PM
We have updated our speaker timeline to fit our Saturday @bitcoin_mcr lunch in, Dan @eMunie_Currency is now presenting at 13:30-15:00
legendary
April 05, 2016, 12:27:36 PM
Pizza, Chinese and Cookies

The awesome guys at Bitcoin Manchester are organising food for the CoinFest UK event, they have organised;

Friday : Bitcoin Pizza! This will be arranged for around 17:30

Saturday : Chinese (Dim sum) This will be arranged for around 13:00

And als a nice bunch of cookies for throughout the event! With thanks to @crazybakinglady for the cookies!!

Thanks guys!
legendary
April 04, 2016, 07:31:02 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the competition is open to everyone (Even people not attending CoinFest). I think I thought of a good competition but probably not best how to promote it. I'll post (or anyone else can) in some other areas later.

Thanks again

Agree, nice competition, but could use some more exposure. Reposted it in G&R board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1425387.new#new

also, shared on twitter.

Thanks much appreciated
legendary
April 04, 2016, 05:58:40 AM
Looking good, whether it will be given for free to everyone that attend the CoinFest?

Yep, free to everyone !
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
April 04, 2016, 04:04:25 AM
Have a look at these from the team over at CoinCorner! A nice basic guide to bitcoin. The brochure also features a new exciting website which CoinCorner is due to launch

Pick yours up at CoinFestUK!

Thank you CoinCorner for the amazing support!

Looking good, whether it will be given for free to everyone that attend the CoinFest?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
April 04, 2016, 03:44:10 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the competition is open to everyone (Even people not attending CoinFest). I think I thought of a good competition but probably not best how to promote it. I'll post (or anyone else can) in some other areas later.

Thanks again

Agree, nice competition, but could use some more exposure. Reposted it in G&R board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1425387.new#new

also, shared on twitter.
legendary
April 04, 2016, 03:23:02 AM
Is this contest open only for coinfest attendees? If not, you could post it in games & rounds board for more exposure (perhaps limit it to the UK based members). So far there's only 1 person registered, which would be myself.

Hey,

Thanks again
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
April 03, 2016, 12:38:52 PM
Competition Time!

To note the competition address is: 13AWKRvYdrx16crbdDvt261EAwpxWqGpxY

The awesome graphics above have been created by aizzaku

Is this contest open only for coinfest attendees? If not, you could post it in games & rounds board for more exposure (perhaps limit it to the UK based members). So far there's only 1 person registered, which would be myself.
legendary
April 03, 2016, 06:25:30 AM
More speakers have been added to the International Hangout and we will be updating our website / timeline once we have a confirmation on times.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: