Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinFest UK - page 18. (Read 62232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
March 05, 2016, 09:28:38 AM
We've talked about holding CoinFest more frequently, before, but it's just too much effort to pull that off on a global scale. Held annually, we guarantee more simultaneous events around the world, and allow the founder to rest during part of the year.

In other news, our newfound success in the UK earned us an article at IBTimes:  http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/free-decentralised-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-event-coinfest-hold-manchester-meeting-1546993
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
March 03, 2016, 06:47:40 AM

Maybe get a message over to the ethereum team and see if some of them could come along as seems one of the biggest coins to come out and vastly growing and taking over a lot of the alts going. Everything else regarding event looking good so far. Maybe in the future to get some bigger events and venues and maybe something aranged for the summer like SeasonalCoinFest for events to go on trips round the globe and actually have holidays and events and meetups getting the crypto community together and meeting new people and having a damn good time.

Ethereum is like a rocket ! Especially with this Microsoft news. Does anyone have direct contact with the team? I will try to reach out to them aswell

SeasonalCoinFest is a very good idea!! - One I may take up
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
March 02, 2016, 08:29:14 PM
Loving the stuff that is going into this meeting. Signed up for pre registration and also I should be able to make it by the looks of things and being able to get their on poss both days of the event. Looking forward to meeting you lot at MadLabs fingers crossed and nothing changes at work Smiley

You want to see anything that's not in the list? We are hoping to get quite a few more activites on but it is just making sure people are free for the event.

Hopefully we will see you there Smiley

Maybe get a message over to the ethereum team and see if some of them could come along as seems one of the biggest coins to come out and vastly growing and taking over a lot of the alts going. Everything else regarding event looking good so far. Maybe in the future to get some bigger events and venues and maybe something aranged for the summer like SeasonalCoinFest for events to go on trips round the globe and actually have holidays and events and meetups getting the crypto community together and meeting new people and having a damn good time.
legendary
March 02, 2016, 08:24:09 PM
Loving the stuff that is going into this meeting. Signed up for pre registration and also I should be able to make it by the looks of things and being able to get their on poss both days of the event. Looking forward to meeting you lot at MadLabs fingers crossed and nothing changes at work Smiley

You want to see anything that's not in the list? We are hoping to get quite a few more activites on but it is just making sure people are free for the event.

Hopefully we will see you there Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
March 02, 2016, 07:41:03 PM
legendary
March 02, 2016, 09:31:44 AM
good idea and great website! just wanted to let you know that some fonts(white) are displaying weirdly (very thin) : chrome.

Thanks and thanks for the heads up we will have a look shortly.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 02, 2016, 07:34:35 AM
good idea and great website! just wanted to let you know that some fonts(white) are displaying weirdly (very thin) : chrome.
legendary
March 02, 2016, 07:28:08 AM
Thank you to Ian Allison business reporter for the International Business Times for the article on CoinFest and CoinFest UK

See it here: ibtimes.co.uk/free-decentralised-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-event-coinfest-hold-manchester-meeting-1546993
legendary
February 28, 2016, 02:47:13 PM
We are excited about the scratch cards we have had designed for CoinFestUK. We will have a range of them created for different cryptocurrency communities, each card has a unique QR with an encoded private key, the linked wallet has a random amount of coins in it.

^ The scratch panel is imposed for now until printing (Just to give you an idea)

The blue guy is a great touch from the OK community

Anyone any feedback on them?
legendary
February 26, 2016, 10:58:21 AM
Thank you to Digitalcoin for becoming an official sponsor of CoinFest UK 2016

Originally launched in May of 2013, and updated in December of 2014, Digitalcoin remains in the top 100 global digital currencies. The project is supported by a diverse group of individuals known as the Digitalcoin Foundation that promotes development of core and ancillary systems involving the coin. Digitalcoin is traded on several US and Chinese exchanges, and widespread distribution prevents drastic spikes in value. The Digitalcoin Foundation and the community at large invites your participation and welcomes your involvement at all levels regardless location or nationality.

legendary
February 26, 2016, 08:55:10 AM

As most of you guys know the awesome eMunie team will not only be attending our event but demonstrating the use of debit cards in a live manner! The eMunie team have launched a competition for the debit card designs to be used at the event.

Do you have ideas for a debit card design? Well, follow the rules and submit your ideas over at forum.emunie.com and your design could be in the hands of hundreds of people.

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
February 25, 2016, 02:29:16 PM
Nice work, dude! I'll be bumping the CoinFest Global thread with more news, soon... I'm just super swamped managing this whole thing on top of my "real job." Roll Eyes Need to get to work on DAO tech infrastructure so I can automate this whole thing
legendary
February 25, 2016, 01:52:14 PM
Thank you to Okcash.co for becoming an official sponsor of CoinFest UK 2016

OKCash is digital cash similar to Bitcoin. OK is the official symbol. Transactions or Payments have really fast confirmations, making them virtually instant. You can send OKCash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world with virtually no fees. OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
legendary
February 25, 2016, 08:43:10 AM
Hey guys,

Just to let you guys now our line-up of speakers with be released around the middle of March as we are currently in talks with CoinFest International in arranging speakers for the International Hangout presentations.

Stay tuned.
legendary
February 23, 2016, 06:20:26 AM
Volunteer Articles:

Thanks to the guys over at Bitcoingg.com for the article on CoinFest UK Volunteers, see it here Bitcoingg.com

Thanks to the guys over at Bitcoinist.net for the article on CoinFest UK Volunteers, see it here Bitcoinist.net
legendary
February 22, 2016, 05:17:06 AM
Met with batesresearch today to discuss all things relating to the Coinfest UK event, have a look around MadLab, figure out where we can assist with ensuring it runs smoothly etc.

I'm now even more excited than I already was, it's going to be a whopper guys!  If you are local enough to go and aren't, you should be! Smiley

It was very good to meet you. Your ideas and mindset show how dedicated you are to eMunie and the crypto world.

I am looking forward to seeing your set up at the event and cant wait to work with you more.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
February 21, 2016, 12:05:16 PM
Met with batesresearch today to discuss all things relating to the Coinfest UK event, have a look around MadLab, figure out where we can assist with ensuring it runs smoothly etc.

I'm now even more excited than I already was, it's going to be a whopper guys!  If you are local enough to go and aren't, you should be! Smiley
legendary
February 17, 2016, 05:51:14 PM
Thank you to Bravenewcoin.com for becoming an official media partner of CoinFest UK 2016

Brave New Coin (BNC) is a Data & Research company who has built a superior Market-Data Engine for the Blockchain & Digital Equities industry. We collect, process & index live data from over 100 trading platforms in real-time to produce a number useful data tools for Developers, Traders & Enterprise.
legendary
February 14, 2016, 12:12:43 PM
Would you like to work with CoinFest UK? We need volunteers! We need volunteers to help us cover both the event days but please remember Friday 8th will be a extra long day from 9am to 10pm. We want anyone who is interested in cryptocurrencies and wants to help cryptocurrencies grow.

We need volunteers to help us with:

- Filming the event / taking pictures at the event
- Setting up the cameras to record the speaker sessions
- Provide small short session Bitcoin courses for attendees (Including Setting up wallets / Blockchain basics / Bitcoin basics etc - Your ideas are welcome)
- Graphics artists to help create various flyers for the event and advertising materials
- Setting up, facilitating, helping attendees, helping sponsors and post-event clean up.

We are looking for a small group of independent volunteers to help us provide these services. If you don't want to volunteer but offer cryptocurrency services for beginners and think you can help at our event please get in touch.

Volunteers get to work with an enthusiastic team dedicated to making CoinFest UK the best it can be. In addition to the experience of making cryptocurrency history, volunteers get the first chance at swag, help us steer the event and will be well fed through the event! We will make sure volunteers who show their dedication will be a part of our future events and will have a say on how our event develops.

If you are interested please get in touch.
legendary
February 13, 2016, 05:32:45 AM
Nice to see more things happening with this and also based in Manchester. Any location confirmed or where will be held as of yet as am Manchester based maybe get something put together or get some promoting done to expose the event as I will have time on my hands in the coming months by the looks of it. And with this being mid next year I could look at getting some flyers and other stuff priced up to get some handed out across parts of Manchester town. Need more events like this and to have something that is maybe monthly and eventually something solid that can promote and make more and more people aware of Bitcoin as Manchester is a massive growing and up coming place.
Does the print ship for flyers take Bitcoin? Tongue You should definitely have more events like this in Manchester, but CoinFest only occurs once a year so as to ensure that as many cities around the world celebrate at the same time as possible.

Well I can accept bitcoin to get stuff printed is not a problem if you are looking for some to be printed off with designs. Rough cost is about £10 to £15 per 1,000 flyers done depending on design, quality and content.

Hey,

@crazyearner, just coming back to the above re printing flyers, do you know any good designers who accept BTC? I'm trying to keep everything BTC based. I'll drop you a PM aswell.

Once I have the designs done, I'll go through you to get them printed.
Pages:
Jump to: