Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 113. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
note: speaking about USDe withdrawals - two wallet updates happened recently
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
This lack of public information was a result of misunderstandings between PR people.

Our current estimate is that CoinMarket.io will resume normal operation (with trading) in 24 hours.
The extended downtime is required to patch some critical issues, fix clogged up wallets and run full database audits.

Please relax. We will be doing our best to keep the site avalible for withdrawals until trading is restarted.

We are not going anywhere, more technical information coming soon.

All withdrawals that failed without an txid will be processed manually (most of them already processed).

Thank you very much for the update. I really appreciate it.
Now I dont have to worry about it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROCESS MY WITHDRAW MANUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 BTC withdraw with no transaction ID
USER name COINMARKET571

Activity: 29
i just want to get my coin back
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
But, you know what?  If they took every precaution to make sure our coins were safe while updating the site.  Plus, adding all the patches to make the site 100% secure.  AND all of our coins are returned to our wallets.  This will be a win/win for everyone.  Better the f..k the site stays offline for a few more days and get it right than getting hacked and losing all our coins.  Right, right?

How hard would it be to put on site some static page with some short info, telling what is going on? (... and keeping the coins securely offline in the meantime)
Activity: 32
Look, I am missing quite a few coins because of this as well, and I have missed out on quite a bit because of that, BUT, it actually is not fair for you to expect them to act like professionals.  It was VERY clear in their previous thread (the one that was locked before this new one was created) that they are doing this as a hobby.  It is in beta, and they are working to develop a product, but not according to anyone else's timeline.  They are doing it the way they want to, on the timeline they want to.  Once things are operational again, you can take your coins out, and not come back.  However, personally, if they come back up, return everyone's coins, and go back to high uptime, then I will use Coinmarket.  I would much prefer them to take their time making sure everything is perfect, rather than rushing something out that is then hacked and looted.

On the service \ PR side of things, then it is obvious that someone is needed to fill that role.  I am sure they will find someone to do that in the near future, so any future issues can be handled without so much anger.
Are you kidding me? They are dealing with a lot of money here, it can't just be a hobby. They need to treat it and run it like a business and act professionally, none of which they've done so far. If they want to treat it as a hobby, then don't charge any fees.

I can't believe people are still using the BETA tag as a way to make this acceptable. I can understand the technical issues, but come on, you have to properly update your users for whom you're holding money from. The changing of the WHOIS details is also very suspect, sort of like they're trying to hide something.

Compare the complete lack of communication and strange updates mentioning weird (and unnecessary?) patches here to how Poloniex handled their loss. Even though I would never use either again, it is pretty clear to see who deserves more respect and support from the two.

If you send them any coins again in the future, you may as well wave goodbye to it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This lack of public information was a result of misunderstandings between PR people.

LOL what?!?!
I don't buy that. The PR representative do not do his job. Well, I guess it happen. But the big boss never realize that something is wrong with his business?? Wow. Unbelievable. Especially when we talk about a business with probably less than 5 persons.
Activity: 98
What the f..k is wrong with everyone on here?  Just a bunch of bitchin whiney babies.  You all were complaining that there was a lack of communication the past week and they just sent out a tweet and a posted an explanation.  And now there is MORE bitching than when they went dark. 

Sure, we are all upset at the lack of communication and the fact our coins were out of action, but a few hours ago everyone thought all their coins were lost.  Wtf, shut the hell up for another day. At least when they post we have glimmer of hope.

You will have plenty of time to flame and track them down if they turn out to be crooks. For now, lets all be patient.  Its like one big f...king mystery.  I'm actually starting to think this is hilarious.  And yes, I have a lot more coins stuck than most of you.

If coinmarket.io comes back online, they will need to have learned a lesson on PR skills.

But, you know what?  If they took every precaution to make sure our coins were safe while updating the site.  Plus, adding all the patches to make the site 100% secure.  AND all of our coins are returned to our wallets.  This will be a win/win for everyone.  Better the f..k the site stays offline for a few more days and get it right than getting hacked and losing all our coins.  Right, right?

Besides. when the new site goes live, I expect they will have added a lot of new features like live ticker, trollbox, simultaneous multiple buys and sells with one click.  If all this gets implemented, the site is more secure, AND most importantly I get ALL my coins back.  We should consider it good news.

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
wow. I once thought coinmarket.io would maybe be the new cryptsy. Now? uhm...
Activity: 13
How people withdraw coins from there... You siting 24 hour puting F5, waiting it to up?.. Each time i check site it is down...
technically, yes. Looped bash one-liner to check if site is online and play a loud custom sound from working directory, that's what helped me today.
Code:
while true; do if curl -s http://coinmarket.io | grep -qc 521; then :; else paplay alarm.wav; fi; done
Activity: 219
WooT!!! Got online and withdrew my bitcoin!  Grin

I'm optimistic that they will get the site back up and running and we will get access to our coins.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
yes i'm also optimistic, if this is a scam why where people allowed to take their coins today?

are you both the PR people Coinmarket.io was talking about ?
Cheesy
Activity: 219

I'm optimistic that they will get the site back up and running and we will get access to our coins.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
yes i'm also optimistic, if this is a scam why where people allowed to take their coins today?
Activity: 112

Activity: 117
https://www.coinmarket.io/faq

Are you going to run off with my coins?
Yes, we are planning to shut down and buy our private island -
as soon as enough people deposit their hard earned coins.
No, this is a long term project. We have had our frustrations with exchanges,
speed/efficency wise and this project was started up because of that.
We aim to have a very speedy and responsive service at all times.

=======================================================================================

Waiting for your Response or

we lost our coins..................
Activity: 98

Get it online now otherwise im coming.
How people withdraw coins from there... You siting 24 hour puting F5, waiting it to up?.. Each time i check site it is down...

he-he, even if you managed to catch it alive and try to withdraw your coins could stuck between the exchange and wallet (like mine did), besides before you withdraw ensure the exchange is on the same page (e.g. USDe wallet must be updated); but there are lucky withdrawals still.
Activity: 160
Crap. So I got in to the CM.io earlier today ant withdrawn my DGB. Got confirmation and transaction ID. What I did forgot, that DGB had a update of their wallet (uh.. is it called fork?) and I don't think CM had updated anything on their side, so now, if I understand correctly, all my coins are lost somewhere in the old chain.

On the scale from pope to MtGox, how fucked I am? Will I ever be able to get my coins back? Does it mean that in the new chain my coins are still in the CM wallet and have not been withdrawn and everything will be fine after update?

Once they update their wallet, the coins should bounce back to them, and then they should be able to send them on to you.
legendary
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002
Activity: 20
Let us imagine that we are smart people discussing the future of our business. We see that our customers are becoming hysterical with the lack of efficient communication to those brave investors who will ultimately decide the fate of the exchange by validating its legitimacy or falicy.

We choose to ignore our customers until downright revolt and police threats.

What does this show about the company?

Jump to: