Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 126. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Hey devs, could you please help me with my withdrawal? I tried to withdraw 0.99642421 BTC to 1LBB5eUZRXUutHAMCfiUoupaFamTN8KUyP. Got confirmation email, clicked on it. Did not get a transaction number. The coins are no longer in my coinmarket.io wallet, but haven't arrived in my wallet. It's been since March 1st. Please help! Username is LifterPuller. Thanks!

Join the queue Im afraid.  I requested a withdrawl of just over 1BTC on Feb 25th, no confirmation email arrived, same for 1m Leaf.  No response from the devs by PM, no response on here and nonsense updates on twitter.

It looks like this exchange has been hacked too, but instead of coming clean and doing something about it (like in the link above), coinmarket.io is doing nothing, posting no updates and has all but disappeared.

Sorry, but it looks like your coins, just like mine, are now lost forever.

There has already been at least one person admit to stealing coins from this exchange on this thread, so there will be lots more out there for sure.   This exchange does not have the coins available for everyone to withdraw.  Thats why they are keeping quiet.  They have no answer to this problem and simply dare not admit it.  If somebody finds out who they are and where they live, then I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.   They could at least take the target off their back by admitting what has happened, but they are that dumb and disrespectful to people who used their exchange in good faith that they don't even do that.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Ahh crap.  I think I sent coins to an exchange wallet address belonging to Coinmarket (mislabeled by myself unfortunately) last night.  And looking at the current support issues, well, this isn't looking promising.

With Multibit? I had the same problem, only I mis-sent a lot more than that  Cry
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hey devs, could you please help me with my withdrawal? I tried to withdraw 0.99642421 BTC to 1LBB5eUZRXUutHAMCfiUoupaFamTN8KUyP. Got confirmation email, clicked on it. Did not get a transaction number. The coins are no longer in my coinmarket.io wallet, but haven't arrived in my wallet. It's been since March 1st. Please help! Username is LifterPuller. Thanks!
Of course, the nospendzeroconfchange patch.

Mysterious. Still better than no updates at all, but worse than milion other possible updates.

On the other news, that's how other exchange addresses and handles a serious issue:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5499870

Something to compare.

That is an excellent example of communicating.  It appears that coinmarket have no intention what so ever of doing something like this.

I couls live with a nominal percentage reduction if indeed it is the error.

Perhaps the thief that posted about withdrawing double BTC in this thread would be kind enough to give it back to coinmarket if something like this can be done here too?

Its starting to smell a lot like coinmarket has been hacked too, but rather than try and fix this open and honestly, they post about bullsh*t patches and trading opening times etc etc....

That other exchange now has people trying to find the thief and taking it out on them, while still having respect for the exchange because they came clean.

Coinmarket just has people angry with them because they are saying nothing at all.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Ahh crap.  I think I sent coins to an exchange wallet address belonging to Coinmarket (mislabeled by myself unfortunately) last night.  And looking at the current support issues, well, this isn't looking promising.
Activity: 238
Of course, the nospendzeroconfchange patch.

Mysterious. Still better than no updates at all, but worse than milion other possible updates.

On the other news, that's how other exchange addresses and handles a serious issue:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5499870

Something to compare.
Activity: 98
from Coinmarket.io Twitter:

CoinMarket.io @CoinMarketio
Applying the nospendzeroconfchange patch to all coins (preventive measure). A poll will be added to forums regarding resetting orderbooks.

no spend zeroconf change patch =  nospendzeroconfchange  patch LMAO

So relax guys, they are getting everything in order, we are all frusrtrated, but the site will be super secure once they are done.  they are planing to poll the customers on if we want them to reset the order books before opening. 

I think the answer is obvious.  Of course the order books need to be reset.  Also, they need to manually fix all the withdrawal and cancelled orders before reopening.
Activity: 160
Hereby I voluntarily "gift" [...] my couple of btc's [...].
Wait, wait don't be "out" just yet!  Grin
I lost some of those inside Gox, too - can you "gift" me some, instead of coinmarket ? I cook spaghetti and polish suede shoes - what do they do for your BTCs ? Cheesy
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hereby I voluntarily "gift" my coins at coinmarket to the coinmarket crew;
I understand you're having trouble, and since I do not wish to spend any more time watching this thread, nor do I want to start flaming like others are, you can keep my couple of btc's worth.
This way, having said it's now a gift, I won't have to be anxious anymore.

I wish you the best of luck in future endeavours, and keep up the good work.

I'm out.

The fact that they haven't even posted to this thread in days to even assure people that they are still even trying to get things fixed, is enough evidence that the coins are all but lost imho.  No response to PM's, no posts on their own thread here - its pretty obvious that they do not even care about the lost money and coins.  They havent even made a single comment here since failing to deliver on just about everything in their last update.

My guess is they have just walked away from it and couldn't care less.
Activity: 25
I have had my bitch and moan with the best of them over the last week but after the events of this morning it looks like some of the exchanges have been systematically attacked

If i set aside the wobbly lip for a moment from the complete contempt shown by coinmarket to the people funding their operation, it would occur to me that both poliniex and coinmarket are suffering a similar issue, instead of bitching about coins in limbo how about using the insantaneous communications tools we have to dig the scumbags that are trying to trash our movement by breeding fear and panic.

It had to happen sooner or later that someone somewhere would attempt to exploit these unregulated markets, I would seriously consider any involvement by government agencies to "protect us" to be a step back.

If you hear news reports about alt coin miners screaming for regulation on the back of losses from MT-GOX then you can be pretty sure who caused it in the first place.

The clock is ticking coinmarket and your credibility is lower than a sausage dogs knackers but it doesn't have to be that way, I think you are genuine just really really bad at public relations. If we can support you in resolving this then just say the word.

This forum can be used for seeking solutions or just as a whine fest for those who have probably screwed many others with pump and dumps anyway and are now sulking because they can't cash out and do it somewhere else lol.

Negritaman
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
What exactly is 'nospendzeroconfchange' patch?

It is to fix double spending issue.

How long does it take to install this patch?Huh?

Geez it is been down since long time now.
Activity: 34
i started to feel like every amateur who have some php and mysql knowledge tries to start a market nowadays.
Activity: 5
What exactly is 'nospendzeroconfchange' patch?
Activity: 160
I dunno how these things work, but I have some coins (penguins, karmas) deposited to accounts on coinmarket.io
I just cross-checked the transactions on block explorers from the pools I was mining and the amounts do not match to the amounts shown for the addresses from the exchange (smaller amounts). Do you guys plan on putting the exchange back online, or should I assume I am being re-Goxxed ?
Activity: 14
Does anybody have any idea of where they live? If they live in  a 500km radius of where I live, me and a couple of friends need some 'exercise' ...
Activity: 2
So today it will come back online? Or will they find other patches also to apply?
Activity: 112
They already explained this. It's the opposite of gox.

Gox ran the exchange bugs or not. If they found a new bug they ignored it.

Coin market have chosen to do it properly. If the exchange finds a bug it halts until its investigated.
That means lots of down time in the beginning and a rock solid an exchange in the long term.

You can't just sand box a live financial engine.

I applaud their approach, and feel sorry for the retards on their back. In 6 months coin market could be up there provided they grow smoothly.

You have a right to complain, but at least get your facts straight, else you just look like a baffoon.

As long as we get our coins back I can wait.

I WANT MY .03 BTC of RPD BACK NOW DAMMIT!

...In all seriousness, this is taking a bit longer than it should considering the BTC they're sitting on.  Hurry the fuck up guys.
Activity: 210
coinmarket? when u will available? i see error 521
How exactly am I making it worse.  There has been no update from them on here in days, even though they have logged on.  They have not responded to PM's.  They have provided no updates via twitter, and no further information what so ever.

Sitting here just waiting for a magic fix when they are providing zero response and update is hardly going to get peoples coins back.

Would you reccomend people start using this exchange?

Its not FUD to tell people to avoid this exchange because people have lost coins, because it is true.

I actually think they are doing the right thing by having it go down when they find a bug. I'd rather that than they run a half baked platform ala gox. Waiting is exactly what you should do. Whining doesn't make them fix bugs faster,  and they clearly don't have the man power to do that and handle ignoramuses like you.

Just shut your cake hole and be patient.

How exactly is being annoyed at the loss of $800 being an ignoramus?

Its not that the site is down, its the fact that when it was up I withdrew coins and received no confirmation email and no tx id. So the coins are no longer in my wallet on coin market and they are also not in my personal wallet.

They then ignore pm's and give zero update on this issue.

We have already seen an example of people taking double coins out of the exchange, which means there is not enough btc at the exchange to give everyone their money back.  If you want to sit and be quiet at the back of the queue then that's fine.  You will be the one that they say "sorry no coins left" to.

I'd like to be at the front kicking up a fuss so I get my coins back before they admit there is not enough to go round.

I just want my existing withdrawals confirmed.  If its too much to ask for a response to three PM's, then it says a lot about the quality of the person running this exchange.
Jump to: