Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 130. (Read 211708 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
So, I don't get it, what's up with CM.io not working all the time, but working sometimes. Are they on constant DDOS? All week? Or are there a cat playing with the cables and sometimes they accidently connect for a moment and server comes to life.

I have no fustercluckin' idea...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hey guys. Let me tell you what happen with my account last weekend (9 days ago) before it stopped trading.

I had an extra 3 BTC pop up in my account just like that. Why? Because during the malleability bug, I sent 3 btc to the exchange. After 1 hours, the 3 btc we're recorded at 2 place, confirmed transaction and unconfirmed transaction (like if I send 3 btc twice. After 1 hours, I had 3 btc confirmed and 3 btc unconfirmed).

The unconfirmed btc stayed unconfirmed for 1 week, until last weekend where they appeared as confirmed. And yes, I was able to withdraw them.

Feel free to come to your own conclusions now.

Nailed it. You think they'd be more upfront, like BTC-e and Bitstamp. Maybe they didn't know they were bit by that bug and found out in the midst of poking through the code.

I hope the lack of updates comes from them being embarrassed and nothing more. I really hope so...

Why not give at least an update for people. I still have some karm on that site.

I hope they dont just wanish.

think they already did
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
So, I don't get it, what's up with CM.io not working all the time, but working sometimes. Are they on constant DDOS? All week?

Is their twitter account being DDOS'd too?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I got in but the site went back offline when I entered my withdrawal order  Sad
Activity: 13
Still waiting on my 0.16 BTC that "withdrew" to nowhere. It isn't in my wallet, and isn't in my coinmarket account. No transaction ID either. Seriously, fuck these guys.
Activity: 27
i managed to get my noble out in the 1 minute it was up... didn't try my btc..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So, I don't get it, what's up with CM.io not working all the time, but working sometimes. Are they on constant DDOS? All week? Or are there a cat playing with the cables and sometimes they accidently connect for a moment and server comes to life.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 266
Hey guys. Let me tell you what happen with my account last weekend (9 days ago) before it stopped trading.

I had an extra 3 BTC pop up in my account just like that. Why? Because during the malleability bug, I sent 3 btc to the exchange. After 1 hours, the 3 btc we're recorded at 2 place, confirmed transaction and unconfirmed transaction (like if I send 3 btc twice. After 1 hours, I had 3 btc confirmed and 3 btc unconfirmed).

The unconfirmed btc stayed unconfirmed for 1 week, until last weekend where they appeared as confirmed. And yes, I was able to withdraw them.

so you stole 3btc, be proud.
Activity: 81
Initially when I loaded up the website it said it was a cloudflare snapshot, I attempted to login it worked, I proceeded to attempt to withdraw my coins, got the confirm e-mail and they're now in my wallet.

CoinMarket.io [email protected]

5:38 PM (7 minutes ago)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jeepers...I just got in. Trading still stopped. In the process of test withdrawing 0.01 BTC to see what perils await me..

And I got the confirm link, and sure enough I got a 521 after clicking the link... Thank Gawd I only tried with 0.01 BTC...
Activity: 90
I just managed to login and withdraw all my coins...

really?  I can't get it to work...

Are you a wizard?
Activity: 90
So they have allowed people to remove double btc deposits.  Great.  That means they are bankrupt and don't want to admit it.

By the way if you want to send me 1 btc out of those 3 free ones you got so I can at least get my honest coins back that would be nice Smiley

Seems people have just stolen double coins and destroyed the exchange for everyone else.

You speak the truth.  Wow, people really make me sick.  Thanks, thieves.  You know what happens when you take btc that isn't yours.  Everyone loses everything when the exchange splits.  Bye bye coins.
Activity: 81
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
So they have allowed people to remove double btc deposits.  Great.  That means they are bankrupt and don't want to admit it.

By the way if you want to send me 1 btc out of those 3 free ones you got so I can at least get my honest coins back that would be nice Smiley

Seems people have just stolen double coins and destroyed the exchange for everyone else.
Activity: 281

Can you post the transaction id - block chain info?

Nailed it. You think they'd be more upfront, like BTC-e and Bitstamp. Maybe they didn't know they were bit by that bug and found out in the midst of poking through the code.

I hope the lack of updates comes from them being embarrassed and nothing more. I really hope so...

Why not give at least an update for people. I still have some karm on that site.

It takes a lot of balls to admit such mistake (assuming it happened). They've showed a lot of ambition with a lot of arrogance too, but they have yet to show us their balls.

Sorry for the mental image.
Activity: 84
Merit: 11

Activity: 25
I have the responsibility and burden of running a company with more than a few employees and a significant number of clients. This behavior would be unacceptable to all of our clients. CoinMarket has proven to be incompetent and unable to deliver on their own timeframes several times now.

Whether it was incompetence, premature delivery (don't talk to me about beta like a retarded child), or a lack of care on the business end, it's immaterial. They've failed.. regaining consumer/client confidence would be a struggle at this point. The majority of remaining support would not be coming from people who have significant experience in business and pride themselves on their ethically responsibilities.

They have failed to keep the community informed on their progress and should have lost the trust of everyone who has been willing to wait this long with over a week of continuous instability.
+1
Thank you for injecting a little sanity into the debate

Jump to: