Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 127. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11
They already explained this. It's the opposite of gox.

Gox ran the exchange bugs or not. If they found a new bug they ignored it.

Coin market have chosen to do it properly. If the exchange finds a bug it halts until its investigated.
That means lots of down time in the beginning and a rock solid an exchange in the long term.

You can't just sand box a live financial engine.

I applaud their approach, and feel sorry for the retards on their back. In 6 months coin market could be up there provided they grow smoothly.

You have a right to complain, but at least get your facts straight, else you just look like a baffoon.

As long as we get our coins back I can wait.

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
They already explained this. It's the opposite of gox.

Gox ran the exchange bugs or not. If they found a new bug they ignored it.

Coin market have chosen to do it properly. If the exchange finds a bug it halts until its investigated.
That means lots of down time in the beginning and a rock solid an exchange in the long term.

You can't just sand box a live financial engine.

I applaud their approach, and feel sorry for the retards on their back. In 6 months coin market could be up there provided they grow smoothly.

You have a right to complain, but at least get your facts straight, else you just look like a baffoon.
Putting aside the downtime, I don't understand why they decided it was in their best interest to take down the entire exchange while they work. Normally in IT you leave stuff like this up till you have something ready to push, that you've tested in a sandbox, to avoid downtime. I would guess in financing this would be a rule that would be followed even more closely. They said there were some security flaws, but it almost seems like they're pulling a gox here (although I do actually believe they're working on upgrades right now).

For that matter, why don't they throw the old version back up while we're still waiting? I'm sure they have backups somewhere.

Another thing to consider.

Why they are not answering any emails or pms

It is crazy.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Putting aside the downtime, I don't understand why they decided it was in their best interest to take down the entire exchange while they work. Normally in IT you leave stuff like this up till you have something ready to push, that you've tested in a sandbox, to avoid downtime. I would guess in financing this would be a rule that would be followed even more closely. They said there were some security flaws, but it almost seems like they're pulling a gox here (although I do actually believe they're working on upgrades right now).

For that matter, why don't they throw the old version back up while we're still waiting? I'm sure they have backups somewhere.
Merit: 10
now applying wehaverunoffwithyourcoins patch
How exactly am I making it worse.  There has been no update from them on here in days, even though they have logged on.  They have not responded to PM's.  They have provided no updates via twitter, and no further information what so ever.

Sitting here just waiting for a magic fix when they are providing zero response and update is hardly going to get peoples coins back.

Would you reccomend people start using this exchange?

Its not FUD to tell people to avoid this exchange because people have lost coins, because it is true.

I actually think they are doing the right thing by having it go down when they find a bug. I'd rather that than they run a half baked platform ala gox. Waiting is exactly what you should do. Whining doesn't make them fix bugs faster,  and they clearly don't have the man power to do that and handle ignoramuses like you.

Just shut your cake hole and be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002
Of course, the nospendzeroconfchange patch.
this looks very important patch , i dont understand that word at all Sad

+1 Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
this looks very important patch , i dont understand that word at all Sad
CoinMarket,

Can you let us all know when doge wallet will be back online?

I want my dogs.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 154
"Applying the nospendzeroconfchange patch to all coins (preventive measure). A poll will be added to forums regarding resetting orderbooks."

https://twitter.com/CoinMarketio/status/440730252881321985
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
How exactly am I making it worse.  There has been no update from them on here in days, even though they have logged on.  They have not responded to PM's.  They have provided no updates via twitter, and no further information what so ever.

Sitting here just waiting for a magic fix when they are providing zero response and update is hardly going to get peoples coins back.

Would you reccomend people start using this exchange?

Its not FUD to tell people to avoid this exchange because people have lost coins, because it is true.
Relax, the only people who are complaining are the ones who had their withdrawals and they got stuck exactly at the same time the site was going offline.  Less than 1% of the people.  Almost everyone was able to withdraw their money.  The only ones complaining are the less than 1%.  Rightfully so, because it has been an extended time.

But. this is nothing like GOX,, so stop spreading FUD.  This is only effecting less than 1% of the users that had their withdrawals stuck.  Mine is stuck too. so m not happy, but lets stop trying to compare with GOX.

And yea, an update would be helpful. Like, the fixing the withdrawals are taking longer than expected.

Where are you getting this 1% figure from?  There is no evidence what so ever to suggest only 1% are affected.   I'm out about $800 worth of coins and have had no update and no response to my PM's even though I know they have been on here, so i'll spread as much fud about this exchange as I want.   I'll also do my best to get the personal details of the person who is behind the exchange and post them here.

Yes well I have >8 btc in their and I don't need people like you making it worse. Why don't you take those hands of yours and sit on them. And take that mouth of yours and fill it with oranges
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Relax, the only people who are complaining are the ones who had their withdrawals and they got stuck exactly at the same time the site was going offline.  Less than 1% of the people.  Almost everyone was able to withdraw their money.  The only ones complaining are the less than 1%.  Rightfully so, because it has been an extended time.

But. this is nothing like GOX,, so stop spreading FUD.  This is only effecting less than 1% of the users that had their withdrawals stuck.  Mine is stuck too. so m not happy, but lets stop trying to compare with GOX.

And yea, an update would be helpful. Like, the fixing the withdrawals are taking longer than expected.

Where are you getting this 1% figure from?  There is no evidence what so ever to suggest only 1% are affected.   I'm out about $800 worth of coins and have had no update and no response to my PM's even though I know they have been on here, so i'll spread as much fud about this exchange as I want.   I'll also do my best to get the personal details of the person who is behind the exchange and post them here.
Hey OP, please help with my withdrawal order as I am not getting a trans ID....
Username MMos
legendary
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002
Curse, withdrawed btc and mail came but couldnt confirm before it down again.
Activity: 2
I have "pending" TX  b6b029b90a08e66aff490902473593b542d0532fbfe9eeaa93f63d485bb519e9 in DGB.
Help, please.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
They blink in and out.  The one thing that won't ever blink back in is credibility.  Sorry, coinmarket.io died from a fatal case of incompetence.  Best of luck to anyone with coin left in the rubble.
Activity: 18
Activity: 154
Site is live boys, if you want to withdraw, do it now and stop spamming the board.

Not true.
you're late, wait for another up time they said theyre doing it manually but no exact time you just need to be lucky
Jump to: