Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 131. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
God dammit. Good think I had no BTC deposited, but significant portion of my DGB and NOBL was there...
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Hey guys. Let me tell you what happen with my account last weekend (9 days ago) before it stopped trading.

I had an extra 3 BTC pop up in my account just like that. Why? Because during the malleability bug, I sent 3 btc to the exchange. After 1 hours, the 3 btc we're recorded at 2 place, confirmed transaction and unconfirmed transaction (like if I send 3 btc twice. After 1 hours, I had 3 btc confirmed and 3 btc unconfirmed).

The unconfirmed btc stayed unconfirmed for 1 week, until last weekend where they appeared as confirmed. And yes, I was able to withdraw them.

Feel free to come to your own conclusions now.

Nailed it. You think they'd be more upfront, like BTC-e and Bitstamp. Maybe they didn't know they were bit by that bug and found out in the midst of poking through the code.

I hope the lack of updates comes from them being embarrassed and nothing more. I really hope so...
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hey guys. Let me tell you what happen with my account last weekend (9 days ago) before it stopped trading.

I had an extra 3 BTC pop up in my account just like that. Why? Because during the malleability bug, I sent 3 btc to the exchange. After 1 hours, the 3 btc we're recorded at 2 place, confirmed transaction and unconfirmed transaction (like if I send 3 btc twice. After 1 hours, I had 3 btc confirmed and 3 btc unconfirmed).

The unconfirmed btc stayed unconfirmed for 1 week, until last weekend where they appeared as confirmed. And yes, I was able to withdraw them.

Feel free to come to your own conclusions now.
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Can't believe this shit happened to CM. Was a very fast exchange. I hope they will be back so at least people can take their coins.

bcd
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
It's probably not a coincidence this happened after the Bitcoin malleability saga.

I'm guessing they suffered a loss due to hackers exploiting it.

Have to admit I am surprised because it seemed such a solid exchange technically.

I have the same thought. Maybe main developer quit. I enjoyed using their exchange. Hope to hear from them soon.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Overall I have had great success with Poloni-ex and crypto rush exchanges for the last 8 weeks now,,,, wish I could say the same about CM...I seldom use cryptsy anymore, although I highly trust them, as I have over a BTC worth of FTC sitting in there waiting for that glorious day when it hits 150 or higher again lol
legendary
Activity: 2198
Yep I just tried to log in for the 5th day now and no coin market,,, have they made any post in here regarding their situation??? I'm to lazy to read through it all lol..... but yes "tits up" I'm afraid ....
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
It's probably not a coincidence this happened after the Bitcoin malleability saga.

I'm guessing they suffered a loss due to hackers exploiting it.

Have to admit I am surprised because it seemed such a solid exchange technically.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Are there somebody from support? I have problem. I made mistake, I send some BTC to my wallet on coinmarket.io  Undecided  I dont know if you changing adress in BTC wallet from time to time. This address is from 2014-02-06 (YYYY-MM-DD) it is 19c2djFuBNMcqY2B7eb3ZozDaqJEExG2Jw
User is: Cyberian

It is possible to send this bitcoins to 16FCns8L4c9edAVpGtUhtnSVGuXUgaa2Dh?  Huh

I think coinmarket is tits up, they are always down, I don't even use them at all anymore. They used to be a good site but now they are worse than Cryptsy. I would never deposit anymore with the.
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
They are using a mail server other than cloud flare.  Mail server appears to be based in Oslo.  Will ask them for details of this individual too.
Activity: 7
Are there somebody from support? I have problem. I made mistake, I send some BTC to my wallet on coinmarket.io  Undecided  I dont know if you changing adress in BTC wallet from time to time. This address is from 2014-02-06 (YYYY-MM-DD) it is 19c2djFuBNMcqY2B7eb3ZozDaqJEExG2Jw
User is: Cyberian

It is possible to send this bitcoins to 16FCns8L4c9edAVpGtUhtnSVGuXUgaa2Dh?  Huh
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Crypto enthusiast for years.
3 days from my deposit there, still unconfirmed, could you help me please?  Smiley  Thank you! (idahosk)
legendary
Activity: 924
Will get a solicitors letter sent to cloudfare and request the personal details of the person who registered the site and purchased the server.

Once I have thier name and address I shall post it here.  I've had no response to my PM's and am down about $7-800 worth of coins now.

If there is no statement and response to my messages and return of my coins I shall resolve this another way.  Either they start making statements or their personal details will be published for all these angry people to do what they want with.

Good luck, but I would assume at the outset that I'd need a full-fledged court order to dox them that way.

They will have to give details of the owner of the site to a legal entity which would be a solicitor.  If they failed to do so, then the legal action would be taken against them as effectively allowing the activity to take place.  Having gone through the process before, the hosts will give up the details for certain.  They can't be bothered with the hassle and just let the person responsible for the server deal with their own mess.

Oh...I didn't know it was that straightforward nowadays. Best of luck, then.
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Will get a solicitors letter sent to cloudfare and request the personal details of the person who registered the site and purchased the server.

Once I have thier name and address I shall post it here.  I've had no response to my PM's and am down about $7-800 worth of coins now.

If there is no statement and response to my messages and return of my coins I shall resolve this another way.  Either they start making statements or their personal details will be published for all these angry people to do what they want with.

Good luck, but I would assume at the outset that I'd need a full-fledged court order to dox them that way.

They will have to give details of the owner of the site to a legal entity which would be a solicitor.  If they failed to do so, then the legal action would be taken against them as effectively allowing the activity to take place.  Having gone through the process before, the hosts will give up the details for certain.  They can't be bothered with the hassle and just let the person responsible for the server deal with their own mess.
Activity: 238
I hope I won't have to hate myself for trusting that CM will come back soon and not removing my coins from there. This crypto world is so unforgiving...
bcd
Activity: 252
Can you give us an update?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
bump, any word from the coinmarketio team yet?HuhHuhHuh  Angry
Activity: 385
www.thegeomadao.com
when opening site HuhHuhAngry Angry Angry  where coinmarket.io team ? omg...
Activity: 53
tech or not, if u cant make ur deadlines and stop posting updates to ur users im out
Activity: 237
coinmarket.io excluded from rating coinwarz.com. probably because coinwarz.com the same beta?  Grin
Jump to: