Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 23. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 17
August 25, 2018, 09:30:28 AM
In fact that no government guards cryptocurrency exchange and user fund so you are in risk of losing your fund, and no exchange promise your coins will be refund. Best way to makr safe your coins is keep it in your personal wallet.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
August 25, 2018, 09:24:17 AM
Unfortunately it is not safe if you Google, you will see a lot of news when hackers broke into the stock exchange, it is better to have at least for the main savings hot wallet, and the ideal option is naturally cold.
Activity: 404
Merit: 105
August 21, 2018, 07:06:57 PM
Not a good idea keeping your coins in an exchange. To minimize the risks keep in a safe wallet wherein it cannot be hacked by others. The most important is keeping your private keys since hackers are everywhere. In an exchange I am not confident to keep coins since anytime it can be hacked.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
August 21, 2018, 07:04:18 PM
I am holding my coins on hardware wallet. On exchanges I have only the funds I am trading with. You can only minimise the risk
by 2FA as many exchanges were hacked or closed in the past and you could do nothing against it.
Activity: 471
Merit: 100
August 21, 2018, 02:10:27 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Your wallet is more safe from exchange i think.You know that, there are a couple of times i heard many trustworthy exchange is hacked and stolen million's of dollar.My 5,000$+ is hacked by from etherdelta.I advice better you can try to keep safe your wallet.
Activity: 247
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
August 21, 2018, 02:06:07 PM
do not know. in my opinion, the security of a wallet or exchange site depends on each of them. You might save a private key, or add google authentication to your wallet, but if you visit a phishing site, your laptop or computer is infected with a virus, all your assets will be lost.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 21, 2018, 02:01:03 PM
no exchange could be most secure, if they leak something the coins are gone.
i just hold coins in exchange i want to trade.
all hodl coins are in my wallet ...

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Activity: 167
August 21, 2018, 01:55:54 PM
I also have the same problem,  But most of are store coin in exchange because they can easily exchange it, But if exchange will get hacking problem our token are not safe, Can be lost the tokens. Personally, I have an idea, just an idea people should use exchange but if they have a high-security system, Most safest way is tstore your fund in hardware wallet
Activity: 115
Merit: 0
August 21, 2018, 01:49:44 PM
i think it's depends on the exchange itself, but if i can say, i prefer to keep your coin in your wallet, unless you put them in sell/buy orders. it safer to move them in your wallet
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
August 21, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
No they aren't safe because you don't control the private keys of your exchange's wallet so it can't be cosidered as safe even if you were using other security oprion like 2FA.
Activity: 353
Merit: 4
August 21, 2018, 01:45:29 PM
If you want to save your coins in the long run, it's better to keep it in your wallet, and it will be more risky if you save it on the exchange site.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 21, 2018, 01:38:39 PM
I'd stay away from exchange-wallets for mid-/long-term storage.
However for short-term storage or trading you should always use a secure password and enable 2FA.

Well bottom line is, why risk your coins in an exchange? It's not that hard to have your own wallet with your own personsl keys. It's easier to hack am exchange than a random personal wallet and there are a lot of free reliable wallets out there if you don't want to invest on a hard wallet
Activity: 70
August 21, 2018, 01:34:47 PM
No they are not. Hack can happen anytime. Even if its not your fault you may end up losing your hard earned crypto earnings. Only few exchanges have high security standards and that too are vulnerable.
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
August 21, 2018, 01:23:45 PM
Coins kept in exchange are not safe because the exchange in which you store the altcoins can probably be hacked, so please it is it preferable you safe your altcoins in your wallet
Activity: 209
August 20, 2018, 03:05:06 AM
It is direct inverse. There is more risk that your coins in the wallet put away can be the potential focus of programmers as opposed to keeping it all alone individual wallet. Like the last news that coinrail has been ruptured by a gathering of programmers, and lost huge amounts of tokens. You dont need to feel that isn't that right? It is smarter to store your coins in your very own chilly wallet.
Activity: 98
August 19, 2018, 01:33:58 AM
unfortunately, all exchanges without exception are unsafe .  the best option is a cold wallet
Activity: 56
August 18, 2018, 02:50:36 PM
You want to avoid wallet hackers, but honestly storing coins on the exchange is also not safe. the exchange also has the threat of hacking, and also the risk of closing the exchange due to government regulations. the safest way is to keep the coins in the wallet, and don't open the wallet carelessly.
Activity: 308
Merit: 29
August 18, 2018, 02:39:27 PM
Well, it seems like happenings with the most reliable exchanges and their failures hadn't touch you. There is no anyone, who fully deserves your trust. Manage your storage according this conviction.
Activity: 112
August 18, 2018, 02:38:37 PM
Let me tell you one thing coins are not safe anywhere nowadays. Hackers have found new ways to attack you and steal your hard earned money. Many scams have also happened due to exchange lapses.
Activity: 336
August 18, 2018, 02:32:42 PM
I have a different way of thinking from you, to save my coin / wallet, I just log in to a quiet place or not on my PC, log in via my cellphone, and I am quite helpful.
Pages:
Jump to: