Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 24. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
August 18, 2018, 02:30:44 PM
I think she used to be strong, now it's a different time and everything changes. With each time, everything happens, only somewhere sad, but somewhere positive. Smiley Smiley Wink Smiley Smiley
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
August 18, 2018, 02:30:25 PM
I can say with 100% certainty that the coins are not safe at the exchange.  They are constantly screwing up and making bogus rules to hijack your funds.  Huobi hijacked my tokens for over a year because of an unwritten rule.  Hold your funds yourself. 
dsc
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 18, 2018, 02:24:16 PM
Depends what exchange and now credible the exchange is. If its a sketchy exchange with poor security you could be subject to lose funds.
Activity: 230
August 18, 2018, 02:23:06 PM
Yeah to an extend, but sometimes the exchanger can also be  hacked. And that will lead to maximum lose. I will advise the use of hardware wallet
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
August 18, 2018, 01:01:05 PM
I think that it is quite safe to store coins on the exchange, the main thing is to store your coins or tokens on a reliable exchange, but still the wallet is more secure, especially if you use a hardware wallet.
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
August 18, 2018, 08:56:09 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

Don't keep your tokens in exchanges. Even though you enabled 2 FA, it is very risky because now a days exchanges itself are vulnerable to hacking and attacks. So please keep your tokens of coins in cold wallets after completion of trade.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
August 18, 2018, 08:51:00 AM
For me your coins in any exchanges are not safe. Unless you enable some other security features. Such as 2fa code.
Activity: 297
August 18, 2018, 08:46:33 AM
I’m sure that it is not secure because of lack of honest among almost all exchanges. I have some bad experience related to Bittrex who deleted my account for unknown reasons taking not so big sum of money but leaving bad impression towards this platform. The most ridiculous thing that they continue to sent advertisements for me, last one was related to trades in USD.
Activity: 39
August 17, 2018, 09:40:02 AM
It is safe if you trust the exchange, if it is an exchange with a huge turnover of money, if you have a strong password and two-factor authentication is enabled.
Activity: 182
August 16, 2018, 09:25:42 PM
for me,Every saving the crypto will have the risks of losing them because of hacks and other factors. But, i also have some coins on exchanges and still keep them there. So far, it is good enough and no problems exactly. however, I must be also more careful in managing the coins and account,if you have condition i think ledger nano is best tool to use!
Activity: 18
August 16, 2018, 08:53:30 PM

As long as you use 2fa and you use top exchanger you are safe. You keep your coins on exchanger because you trade them all. At the end its your choice.
Activity: 204
August 16, 2018, 08:21:37 PM
keeping in exchange is not good idea. because those kind of wallet accounts using in exchanger is hackable hot wallets. if you don't trade altcoins on any exchange its better if you keep it to your cold wallets.
Activity: 88
August 16, 2018, 08:08:45 PM
Well it depends on what exchange you are using like bittrex and mercatox where you can only login by using 2FA and confirming your login in your google accounts which is good . But its best to also used private wallets so only you can access it
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform
August 16, 2018, 07:07:45 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

Much safer than keeping them on a constantly used wallet. Also depends on the exchange. If the exchange is from the top 10, the security level is high, if exchange is new and unknown, then the security level is low. It is better to keep coins in a cold wallet.
Activity: 150
August 16, 2018, 07:04:58 PM
Yes deja coins on exchanges you significantly reduce the risk of losing them.
copper member
Activity: 346
August 16, 2018, 07:04:00 PM
I have never kept my coin in the exchange too long, I will immediately move my coin back to my wallet because it is not safe.
Putting our coin assets too long in the exchange is very risky, there are many real examples of hacking in exchange, one of them is my friend, he lost his coin before moving it back to his wallet. So, it's better to keep your crypto assets in your wallet, more safer and less risky.
Activity: 134
August 16, 2018, 05:44:13 PM
You're doing the opposite of what is actually safe. Of course there are ways for hackers to get data from your computer as well but if you have significant amount of coins, you should implement some safety measures and you'll be good. Use hardware wallets, backup things that need to be backed up, set good passwords, don't use open wi-fi networks... If your coins are on exchanges you have no control over that and even the largest world exchanges used to get hacked/fail in some other way. Sure that exchanges are getting safer but hackers are also learning things, and there is always that human factor that can compromise things in any system...
Activity: 105
August 16, 2018, 05:37:38 PM
For those people who trade often, it is better to keep everything on exchanges. For people who prefer long term hodl, wallets is a better choice i think.
Activity: 104
August 16, 2018, 04:56:09 PM
I don't think the keeping our coins in exchangers is safe, minimize the risk of losing coins to wallet hacker. As you know, recently, there are some exchanges were hacked and there are also some bad exchangers. It is better if you can security your computer/laptop to avoid troja, virus and keep your password, key in safe location, turn on F2A security...
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
August 16, 2018, 04:40:56 PM
It is a big mistake to think so, you have no way to control your money if exchange have any problems, including top exchanges as Binance
Pages:
Jump to: