Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 25. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 04:36:43 PM
In fact, the risk increases. if you keep your coins on your wallet it is more secure. And even better to have a separate computer for financial transactions.
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
August 16, 2018, 04:34:11 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

Yeah you are right and I believe that if the exchange get hacked and it is their fault, they normally refund the users of their coins and I think i agree with you that coins are better safe on the exchanges
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
August 16, 2018, 04:15:58 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Never put your tokens in exchanges for a long-term hold. Exchanges are the high risk of getting hacked because they hold so much money. You should leave it in MEW wallet or in some cold wallet which is more safer than online based wallet. Only put your tokens in exchanges if you are going to sell it.
Activity: 210
August 16, 2018, 04:15:07 PM
Yes the risk is low lose keeping coins on the exchange. but still it exists. already not once the exchange hacked.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
August 16, 2018, 04:14:58 PM
I will categorically tell you that coins that are kept on crypto exchanges are not safe because its prone to hack at anytime. Therefore, its safe to store your coins in cold wallet in order to be safe to some extent.
Activity: 224
diceroll.xyz
August 16, 2018, 04:10:19 PM
Nothing is safe. It's the real fact. We can just minim the risk nothing else. Really exchange or not safe. They used to give good service but it's better to store coins in our wallet where you have the access of your private key. Hardware wallet or desktop wallet good choice.  Smiley
Activity: 101
August 16, 2018, 03:17:22 PM
Never store your coins on exchange unless you are actively trading. Keeping your coins on exchange is bad idea as they can be compromised and you may loss all your funds. It's better to store your assets in hardware wallet or the wallet on your computer.
Activity: 216
August 16, 2018, 03:16:45 PM
Not at all mate, sometimes exchange platforms are susceptible to all sort of hacking attempts and this can make you lose huge sums of money as was recorded at Coinrail last year.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
August 16, 2018, 03:13:16 PM
its fine if that's what you feel, but there's still some risk you might face, holding in a safe wallet will be better than using an exchange to store your coins. it will not minimize any risk but its better.
Activity: 264
Merit: 11
August 16, 2018, 02:56:58 PM
huh??? keeping coins in an exchange platform is one of the dangerous thing you can ever do because these days most exchange platforms are getting hacked.
Activity: 210
August 16, 2018, 02:56:41 PM
If there is two-factor authorization on the exchange, then the risk of losing your money decreases, but there is still a risk. Hackers can hack into the exchange account.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
August 16, 2018, 02:54:34 PM
Some exchanges like Bancor, Qryptos are very safe to store your coins. Qryptos has a very strong security, I don't think hacker hack Qryptos exchange. I mentioned Bancor, which was hacked a month ago. Then why I am suggesting this? Because the user's funds are safe there. Bancor lost 22 Millions of USD, but every user's fund was safe there. Binance was hacked more than once, You may try bittrex too. But, I suggest you buy a hardware wallet and forget every confusion about wallets.
Activity: 402
August 16, 2018, 02:48:30 PM
Coins kept in exchanges are not yours anymore, technologically. This wallet belongs to the owner of the exchanges. If exchanges go offline, you will lose your money, also hackers can have access to your exchange account. Anyway, I recommend you to store your coin always in your personal wallet.
Activity: 166
Merit: 20
August 16, 2018, 02:47:27 PM
I don't store tokens in  exchange, because I don't trust them. Usually, if I sell something, I immediately bring it to my wallet. I am calm when I have money on my wallet. How many exchanges have already closed, and people are left with nothing. And no one is insured against hacking
Activity: 305
Merit: 100
[PROFISH.IO]
August 16, 2018, 02:43:58 PM
If you want, then yoy can keep it in the exchange wallet because for me, it is a bad idea. An exchange can shut down or hacked. So whatever you do, there will be hackers. You want your coins to be safe? Then provide or buy a ledger or trezor. These are wallets for me are the safest, you just need to invest. It is better to be sure than never because you will regret it at the end.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
August 16, 2018, 02:42:46 PM
but you have to be careful, I think there are more Exchange hackers than Hackers wallets. and I think it's safer in the wallet. so far I've never experienced theft in my wallet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
August 16, 2018, 02:39:50 PM
I would keep coins only on DEX for the long term. Why dex? They are not controlled by one organisation, but by blochain with smartcontract for example. The only way to stole the money is to find a bug in smart contract.
Activity: 74
August 16, 2018, 02:34:25 PM
Is not good to keep funds on exchange because their are people who have lot token and coins they kept on exchanges for too long. Even if you want to leave your coins on a exchange always check them at intervals
Activity: 71
August 16, 2018, 02:32:16 PM
I don't think it's 100% good to keep tokens or coin is exchange because lot of exchange has got hacked before as long as you are not trading some of your coin don't leave them on exchange for too long because personally I don't trust must exchanges as a person
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
August 16, 2018, 02:29:49 PM
Bad idea.
Very. Very. Bad idea.

No way should anyone keep their coins on an exchange, especially if the exchange is one of the sketchier ones like yobit or one of those.  If you can't identify who is running the exchange, there is probably a good chance they're going to pull an exit scam eventually.  One might get away with keeping coins on it for a time, but I would never feel comfortable doing that for long.

Would I feel comfortable keeping btc on coinbase?  Yes, probably.  They're reputable and won't get away with scamming their customers since they're regulated.  Other exchanges I would not keep anything there longer than a day.  One has much less risk keeping coins in a private wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: