Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 27. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 02:52:37 AM
The exchange could get hacked and you lose your money/token
Activity: 70
August 16, 2018, 02:51:03 AM
Exchanges will be hacked far more often than crypting wallets. I think the tokens you leave on the stock exchange are in great danger.
Activity: 30
August 16, 2018, 02:42:36 AM
In the event that you will likely hold the coin for long haul venture, it is best to keep the coin in your own wallet with your private key control. In any case, if you will probably benefit from daytime or swing exchanging, you have to turn on all security highlights.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
August 15, 2018, 11:12:31 PM
Exchanges are meant for trading the coins, it is not for storing the coins. I hope if you show interest towards trading then you can move your fund from wallets to exchanges. If you don't have any experience better move them to your wallets only. For everything, there is risk involved in it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
August 15, 2018, 11:09:10 PM
Better to distribute your coins in different storages. Store only a small portion in exchanges, amount that you use in trading. Then, if you're afraid of wallet hackers, store the in hardware wallet. These are devices that are not connected to internet. These will prevent wallet hackers from stealing your coins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
August 15, 2018, 11:02:53 PM
For me NO! It is really a bad idea, very wrong move when you are storing your coins to centralized exchange. There are many cases happened before that some exchanges hacked, so that is very risky for every people holding different coin and just storing it to exchange not on personal wallet.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Decentralised Wearable Devices
August 15, 2018, 11:01:12 PM
Wow, that's a bad idea that you do.
Don't save your Bitcoin for a long time in the Exchange wallet.
Because the Exchange is very vulnerable in its security hack by hackers.

Be careful friends.

I have some coins on exchanges and feel pretty safe, but I am only using Binance and Cobinhood and these are exchanges that have more than 90% in cold storage. From Cobinhood I know they have even 97% in cold storage.

So I don't think it's black and white...it depends which exchanges you use, how often you are trading and what the alternatives are. Most people I know don't have a Nano Ledger at home, just have their token on MyEtherWallet...and this one has been hacked several times. At least it is easier to hack then secure exchanges Binance or Cobinhood.
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
August 15, 2018, 10:24:15 PM
Exchange sites are practically meant for trading of coins and temporary holding of these coins being traded. It does not grant the complete security a wallet can grant its holder. It is always advisable to withdraw your tokens from exchange sites after trading.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
August 15, 2018, 10:23:30 PM
It would depend on the exchange.  Large ones like Binance, have people who keep millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrencies for trading on a daily basis.  Just keep what you're using to trade with, there is no benefit for any other reasons. 
Activity: 86
August 15, 2018, 10:17:02 PM
I think it's also safe and for us it's also an easy way we use it in trading, so for us you don't have to worry about losing bitcoin on the market, because it's also very safe you save it.
Activity: 37
August 15, 2018, 10:11:29 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Well, its hard to talk clearly, the best choice is that you should store your coins in cold wallet or biggest exchanges (because it has stronger protections than small exchange's). Of course, there were many hacks in big exchanges in the part, however, I think its minor among many international exchanges currently. Good luck, guy!
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
August 15, 2018, 10:03:38 PM
actually it is very risky to save coins in exchange if we do not buy and trade every day better save your coin assets in a personal wallet that we can guarantee for your own security.
Activity: 250
Merit: 3
Crypto Trader/Enthusiast/Investor
August 15, 2018, 10:01:12 PM
Coins can be kept in exchanges.  But you have to be weary of certain exchanges and pick exchanges with a high reputation in security. But your best bet if you want to hold for long term will definitely be storing in your personal wallet as this guarantees maximum security and puts you fully in charge.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
August 15, 2018, 09:40:36 PM
each Exchange I guess having a good security because we must also verify the kyc for could save our assets in the exchanger. But if you want to save for the long term I suggest you keep it in the wallet.
Activity: 173
August 15, 2018, 09:31:18 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
you are wrong. no one thinks that storing coins in exchange wallet can help minimize the risk of coin loss, even beginners though!
there are no other ways to keep your coin safely, besides keeping the coins in a personal wallet!
Activity: 154
August 15, 2018, 06:16:11 AM

I think the most important thing is for you to safeguard your coins, it doesn't matter where you are holding your coins, it can be hacked anywhere be it on exchanges or your wallet, observe some security measures to avoid been hacked
Activity: 69
August 15, 2018, 06:04:49 AM
Exchanges may run or shutdown anytime, looting all your valuable assets worth thousands. It is better to keep coins in e-wallets or hard wallets which are protected by a public and a private key thus saving all your assets from getting stolen. Keep some amount of coins in exchange if you are an active trader.
Activity: 69
August 14, 2018, 04:38:28 PM
If this exchange is popular, I think so. But still there is a risk of hacking the exchange, and then the money is unlikely to return to you.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 09:59:53 AM
Yes, it can be if you keep on a credible exchange  Grin.  but if it is wrong we are the losers because recently there was an exchange that was hacked personal wallet is much safer i think's  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 350
August 14, 2018, 09:55:23 AM

Coins in our wallet is already safe and also if it is already in the exchange since they have a wall for safety precautions but we know also the capabilty of the hackers , they always find a way on how to enter to your wallet and get your coins .
Pages:
Jump to: