Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 26. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 02:27:53 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

keeping your coins for a long time in exchange is not advisable.
it is better to hide it in your wallet. keep it safe there.
exchange is a storage we can use for a short period of time or we are willing to sell it anytime.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 02:27:49 PM
Actually your accounts are only vulnerable to get compromised on exchanges if you do not use the proper security measures, like email,phone number and 2fa verifications, stay away from exchanges that do not have any of these security measures 2fa and google authenticators are more secured always use them and you should be fine.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
August 16, 2018, 02:25:50 PM
Not really as we all know what happened with mtgox, cryptsy and others so I would advice everyone to keep their coins on personal wallets or nano ledger. Only keep your coins into exchages when you want to trade or simply just sell your token and cashout bitcoin after.
Activity: 89
August 16, 2018, 02:23:31 PM
It seems to me to store crypto currency on the exchange it is much more dangerous. For the last half of the year we have seen a lot of information about the sneak of exchanges, it's very nasty
Activity: 125
August 16, 2018, 02:22:53 PM
I keep all my coins on  Trazor wallet . I think it's safer than keeping them on the exchange, because some exchanges are unsafe .
In my opinion all the exchangers and the stock exchange is unsafe. Because the crowd has always been the target of scammers, it is best to keep your funds in private cells.
Activity: 32
August 16, 2018, 02:17:50 PM
coins kept in exchange are not safer because exchange has chances to get hacked and stopped for any reason. most popular exchange Binance has been hacked and people lose their coins because they kept their coins in binance.If your assets are little then you can keep them in exchange but if you want to keep lots of assets then use wallet. one more thing when you stored you coin in wallet don't share your private key . If someone get your private key then he can withdraw your coins. Pc wallets are better than web wallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
August 16, 2018, 02:13:58 PM
I keep more money on exchanges than on MyEtherWallet wallets.
The hackers have already opened my Wallet, but there is no exchange. MyEtherWallet I have less confidence.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
August 16, 2018, 01:55:04 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

absolutely not transfer them to the wallet asap. one of my friend's account got hacked with 900$ of btcs.. exchanges can be hacked but not the wallets on the blockchain.
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
August 16, 2018, 01:51:50 PM
I keep all my coins on  Trazor wallet . I think it's safer than keeping them on the exchange, because some exchanges are unsafe .
Activity: 50
August 16, 2018, 01:16:07 PM
No, in my opinion if I don't trade any coin then I store that in cold wallet like trezor because if any exchange hack then you may loose your coins. So it's better if you don't trade then store that in cold wallet.
Activity: 68
August 16, 2018, 01:13:03 PM
No. It is a very bad thing. Personally, I have loss my many coins store my tokens in exchanges. Exchanges can be hacking, so be careful. If you need to store your tokens, so don't store your tokens in exchanges, please using an only online wallet or hardware wallet. But I recommend for you using the Hardware wallet because the online wallet is very risky, So the best thing is the hardware wallet. Whatever exchange are using for fats trading or doing the fast transaction, Don't use it to store your tokens.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 16, 2018, 01:11:53 PM
I think it's a bad idea to save your money on the exchange, because the exchange also has a big risk of hacking. I suggest you use a hardware wallet to make your money safer.
Activity: 238
August 16, 2018, 01:03:17 PM
Exchanges will be hacked far more often than crypting wallets. I think the tokens you leave on the stock exchange are in great danger.
Agreed. It is not necessary to keep all your money on the stock exchanges. Because it's a mass gathering, which is what burglars want. Even despite the difference in security, fraudsters wallets are absolutely not needed, they attack masse.
Activity: 78
August 16, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

I don't know, because I've never tried it, I always keep coins and tokens in my wallet and never save them in exchange. but it looks like it will be a little dangerous if you save it in exchange, because exchange is not a place to store coins.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
August 16, 2018, 06:12:31 AM
I don't think neither exchanges nor wallets are safe enough for the moment. Of course the safest place is the use of paper wallet. But doing this limits the investment options to incredible low levels. I think the most sensible thing for now is to protect your cryptcurrencies in many different exchanges or in many wallets.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
August 16, 2018, 05:45:17 AM

Actually keeping your coins in exchanges increases your chance of losing your coins to hackers. Most of the times, hackers just target exchanges because they know that is where the most amount of coins are. The only time that you should have your coins on exchanges is when the coins are being trade, if they are not in use then you should move them and store them safely in your wallets.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
August 16, 2018, 03:51:18 AM
I believe that you can not keep coins on the exchange, unless, of course, you are afraid of losing them. There were many cases when hackers broke open exchanges and stole coins. Attacks on exchanges continue. The best and safest way to store your cryptocurrency is cold storage and paper wallets.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
August 16, 2018, 03:15:49 AM
If you do trade or open the Exchange every day no problem you save your crypto assets there. but for more good news I suppose save your coin in assets your personal wallet. and most importantly you must maintain access to your assets remains secure.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
August 16, 2018, 03:14:58 AM
Stay careful wherever you store your assets. The hacker is very clever and cunning, once you are careless, you can lose everything you have. Be careful in every activity in your online, so as not to get stuck in malware tricks from hackers.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Decentralised Wearable Devices
August 16, 2018, 03:13:35 AM
Exchanges are meant for trading the coins, it is not for storing the coins. I hope if you show interest towards trading then you can move your fund from wallets to exchanges. If you don't have any experience better move them to your wallets only. For everything, there is risk involved in it.

If someone has a cold storage and rarely trades I see the point not exposing your token to unneccessary risks. But if someone has no cold storage just private keys and trades often it can make sense to leve a fraction of your token on exchanges, especially if they are secure ones. Cobinhood has 97% in cold storage. If you trade a lot and have to transfer your tokens constantly to the exchange and back to your wallet, don‘t you think there is some vulnerability too? Someone could spoof your key, you could make a mistake and send an token to the wrong wallet (Erc-20 token to Bitcoin Wallet). I think a lot depends on your personal preferences and your skills.

Ideally everyone had a cold storage at home of course  but most do not from what I hear so far.
Pages:
Jump to: