Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinsMarkets.com IS DOWN! - page 6. (Read 18362 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
April 28, 2018, 02:14:58 AM
I haven't even heard of the majority of the coins they have deigned to let us have back.  I figure the money on there is just a tax write off for 2019 at this point. :p
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
April 28, 2018, 02:07:23 AM
New shitcoin-withdrawals enabled:

DFF,BAR,ONEA,KnoxCoin,FLB,SKL,TOLK,NB,ANONCOIN,BRC,BUK,JFK,CEO,FRDC,EXTN,HSPEED,MYX,BPX,VULT
Activity: 381
Merit: 11
April 27, 2018, 03:30:27 PM
well i would say hope dies last Tongue so lets stay optimisitc^^ or desperate however you wanana call it..
Activity: 129
Merit: 13
April 27, 2018, 01:54:17 PM
So much time its gone this shitexchange offline, and finally I forgot my password and username  Angry
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
April 27, 2018, 08:41:00 AM
Am I one of the lucky few, who had no real problems with Coinsmarkets? I did some trading there with ALQO alqo.org in the end of december. Apart from the long confirmation time for the deposit of BTC, everything worked fine for me. Do you think they just decided in january to make a run for it with the money or was this planned all along?

You were just lucky that you managed to sell what you had on there before they suspended trading and withdrawal.

I don't think they intended to take people's money originally - after all, running an exchange seems pretty lucrative, and they did seem to be making efforts to get coinsmarkets.com back up for a while, but I think they ran into financial issues and decided to 'temporarily' use customers' funds to support the upgrades.  Then the markets crashed and they were struggling to get the site up and running, and suddenly they realised that they couldn't afford to pay back their customers funds, even with all the masternodes they had set up, since Bitcoin and the alts haven't yet recovered...

I don't think this is the case. It doesn't take anywhere near as much money to upgrade anything they could have needed to upgrade. They've stolen A LOT of money from people. If they're using a vps, they could have easily gotten it upgraded for just a few dollars a month. If they're hosting the server themselves, a whole new server can be purchased for just a few thousand dollars. The amount of coins that are missing kinda proves that they were just out to scam people.

So, basically they waited untill they had enough deposits on their accounts and ran with the money. That is low! But there you have the general problem in cryptospace ATM. It is way to expensive to get listed on big exchanges for small coins and they have to start with shady exchanges. That's what is leading to stuff like this.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
April 26, 2018, 02:40:33 PM
Am I one of the lucky few, who had no real problems with Coinsmarkets? I did some trading there with ALQO alqo.org in the end of december. Apart from the long confirmation time for the deposit of BTC, everything worked fine for me. Do you think they just decided in january to make a run for it with the money or was this planned all along?

You were just lucky that you managed to sell what you had on there before they suspended trading and withdrawal.

I don't think they intended to take people's money originally - after all, running an exchange seems pretty lucrative, and they did seem to be making efforts to get coinsmarkets.com back up for a while, but I think they ran into financial issues and decided to 'temporarily' use customers' funds to support the upgrades.  Then the markets crashed and they were struggling to get the site up and running, and suddenly they realised that they couldn't afford to pay back their customers funds, even with all the masternodes they had set up, since Bitcoin and the alts haven't yet recovered...

I don't think this is the case. It doesn't take anywhere near as much money to upgrade anything they could have needed to upgrade. They've stolen A LOT of money from people. If they're using a vps, they could have easily gotten it upgraded for just a few dollars a month. If they're hosting the server themselves, a whole new server can be purchased for just a few thousand dollars. The amount of coins that are missing kinda proves that they were just out to scam people.
April 25, 2018, 03:00:46 PM
It was changed a few days ago now, but here is their most recent banner update:
"roi,Gufix,eur,agc,gpa,turk,USDCoin,BTCBC,trade,ndk,USD,KNOLIX,gnc,sk21,ect,frm,EGL,gio,xt,Rushcoin,808 are enabled for withdraw , More coins will follow ."

you can still login? i never get the email for whitlisng my ip...does the support react or is it waisted time?
Activity: 345
Merit: 100
April 25, 2018, 05:24:54 AM
It was changed a few days ago now, but here is their most recent banner update:
"roi,Gufix,eur,agc,gpa,turk,USDCoin,BTCBC,trade,ndk,USD,KNOLIX,gnc,sk21,ect,frm,EGL,gio,xt,Rushcoin,808 are enabled for withdraw , More coins will follow ."
April 20, 2018, 08:32:29 AM
you gus still get the emails to whitelist your ip? ..it always says eamil being send but i never recive anything...

I sometimes had some issues with not receiving an email, but that was temporary and not reproducible. Couldn't find the cause of the problem and now it works again. I guess you already did that, but: check your spam folder maybe?

hmm well for me it is now already one week^^ i try like every second day...spam is emtpy^^ i guess i keep trying:(

Well, just dont expect anything anymore, i guess. By now everything there may be in free fall. But good luck to you and everyone still having deposits in CM.
April 19, 2018, 03:50:48 PM
you gus still get the emails to whitelist your ip? ..it always says eamil being send but i never recive anything...

I sometimes had some issues with not receiving an email, but that was temporary and not reproducible. Couldn't find the cause of the problem and now it works again. I guess you already did that, but: check your spam folder maybe?

hmm well for me it is now already one week^^ i try like every second day...spam is emtpy^^ i guess i keep trying:(
April 19, 2018, 05:40:00 AM

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 03:54:19 PM

I receive en email each time i login but still wait for the good coins to showup
April 18, 2018, 03:29:35 PM
Activity: 960
Merit: 514
April 18, 2018, 06:09:28 AM

I don't think they intended to take people's money originally - after all, running an exchange seems pretty lucrative, and they did seem to be making efforts to get coinsmarkets.com back up for a while, but I think they ran into financial issues and decided to 'temporarily' use customers' funds to support the upgrades.  Then the markets crashed and they were struggling to get the site up and running, and suddenly they realised that they couldn't afford to buy back their customers funds, even with all the masternodes they had set up, since Bitcoin and the alts haven't yet recovered...

It seems that way, yes. And i also agree with you on the idea of "temporarily" borrowing coins from their customers in order to pay for the upgrade of their infrastructure. The correction in crypto in january may be what broke their necks and subsequently lead to embazzlement of people's coins. A very unfortunate turn of events.

I withdrawed ECA.

If small amount it works.

If big amounts it doesn't work. Still waiting for my ECA.
April 17, 2018, 05:18:08 AM

I don't think they intended to take people's money originally - after all, running an exchange seems pretty lucrative, and they did seem to be making efforts to get coinsmarkets.com back up for a while, but I think they ran into financial issues and decided to 'temporarily' use customers' funds to support the upgrades.  Then the markets crashed and they were struggling to get the site up and running, and suddenly they realised that they couldn't afford to buy back their customers funds, even with all the masternodes they had set up, since Bitcoin and the alts haven't yet recovered...

It seems that way, yes. And i also agree with you on the idea of "temporarily" borrowing coins from their customers in order to pay for the upgrade of their infrastructure. The correction in crypto in january may be what broke their necks and subsequently lead to embazzlement of people's coins. A very unfortunate turn of events.
April 17, 2018, 03:56:01 AM

April 17, 2018, 03:50:21 AM
who is behind coinsmarkets. This guy click below although probably not his real name.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@cryptonyte67/coinsmarkets-com-exchange-the-bizarre-scam-that-fooled-the-world

I see tenuous links at best between Michael Weber and Satoshi Nakamoto in this article, and no evidence of his link to Coinsmarkets.com apart from the article's assertion that is the case.
April 17, 2018, 03:22:49 AM
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
April 16, 2018, 09:04:23 PM
who is behind coinsmarkets. This guy click below although probably not his real name.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@cryptonyte67/coinsmarkets-com-exchange-the-bizarre-scam-that-fooled-the-world
April 16, 2018, 03:43:25 AM
COLX would be a good start  Cheesy

Its been confirmed that CM has been dumping coins on cryptopia

https://github.com/ColossusCoinXT/Documentation/blob/master/CM_PressRelease.pdf

I guess it was to tempting to run away with money that did not belong to them. Well, black sheep can be everywhere and crypto makes it especially easy for people to try and scam others. That's very unfortunate and a grave violation of trust. Lesson learned for me. Check your exchange twiche before sending them money.  Angry
Pages:
Jump to: