Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway - page 13. (Read 98836 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250
I can't se any problems in transfering bitcoins, just transfered 2BTC without delay and with 0 fee.

Ya its funny all the people screaming the sky is falling.  News flash if you are transferring more then 0.001 BTC and your transaction isn't made of a hundred 0.00001 BTC inputs then you will never even notice this "stress test".  Just go have a look on blockchain.info all normal transactions are processing fine.

"The number of backlogged transactions is currently above 90,000 and climbing, and the size of the “memory pool,” the database that stores them, is shooting past 150MB. It usually sits below 10. On the Bitcointalk forum, where much of today’s action is going down, users are reporting that their Bitcoin clients are crashing when they try to collect the coins."

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/great-job-everyone-bitcoiners-are-ddosing-bitcoin

LOL all you prove is you can read an article.  I repeat normal transactions are going through fine.  The mem pool is bigger then normal and may crash some nodes but most likely unless it gets to GB will have little to no effect.  

Of course bitcoin clients are crashing when they try to collect the coins and import a private key that is linked to thousands of dust transactions! LOL

The actually effect on people trying to use the bitcoin network as normal is close to zero.  Just watch transactions coming out.  I will pick one at random that I consider a "normal" bitcoin transaction and watch it will be confirmed in a short time.  https://blockchain.info/tx/0da91e9a02301c7e4783d04ceba11f254f17d4fc1c8cd253dc5c499d18da71e7
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
And don't import the private keys into electrum.  The servers are run by volunteers.  You don't want to spam their servers by asking them for gigabytes of transaction data.  At least send them a bitcoin to their donation address for the stress that you put on their server.

Groan. Now you tell us. :-p

Thanks, though, I appreciate the info. Is there a way to "undo" importing into an electrum wallet once it has begun?

Not sure if there is a way.  Probably the easiest way is to delete the wallet (back it up first!) and then restore the wallet from the seed.  This should restore all but the imported private keys.  You may lose some settings or labels, though. Editing the wallet by hand (it is a text file) may also work, but it is dangerous...

Thanks, after I asked it occurred to me that I could dig up my wallet backup. I'll give that a try first.

This worked! Back to square one after only 5-6 hours syncing. :-) 

I'll sit the rest of this mess out. I think Coinwallet will still face charges, because they can't credibly claim they have no responsibility for what is happening. It's like dumping bushel baskets of coins out on a busy road and trying to claim that the resulting carnage and mayhem is not their fault, just the fault of all the pedestrians and drivers involved.

Do they even exist or is all of this just a well planned thing? Apparently they don't offer any service, no wallet, exchange, nothing. Even their OP's are hidden apparently. So even if the law enforcement would want to do something, I am sure they would just run into the wall.

This is some real mess I have to admit guys and all of this is ironic as hell. Now we have our own users clogging the network completely because of their own greed.

Bitcoin devs surely have a lot of work to do, all of this needs to be fixed if you are asking me.
Activity: 252
Do you really think the police care about a little network congestion on Bitcoin?

the police cares about law. and ddos is breaking the law in many jurisdications.
so yes: i think they care (because they have to)

Police aren't going to do shit about this. Bitcoin itself is bending/breaking way more laws than Coinwallet.

bitcoin does not break any german law and german law forbids ddos...
so i dont see your point?
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
Do you really think the police care about a little network congestion on Bitcoin?

the police cares about law. and ddos is breaking the law in many jurisdications.

Police aren't going to do shit about this. Bitcoin itself is bending/breaking way more laws than Coinwallet.
Activity: 252

legendary
Activity: 1120
And don't import the private keys into electrum.  The servers are run by volunteers.  You don't want to spam their servers by asking them for gigabytes of transaction data.  At least send them a bitcoin to their donation address for the stress that you put on their server.

Thanks, though, I appreciate the info. Is there a way to "undo" importing into an electrum wallet once it has begun?

Not sure if there is a way.  Probably the easiest way is to delete the wallet (back it up first!) and then restore the wallet from the seed.  This should restore all but the imported private keys.  You may lose some settings or labels, though. Editing the wallet by hand (it is a text file) may also work, but it is dangerous...

Thanks, after I asked it occurred to me that I could dig up my wallet backup. I'll give that a try first.

I'll sit the rest of this mess out. I think Coinwallet will still face charges, because they can't credibly claim they have no responsibility for what is happening. It's like dumping bushel baskets of coins out on a busy road and trying to claim that the resulting carnage and mayhem is not their fault, just the fault of all the pedestrians and drivers involved.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
I can't se any problems in transfering bitcoins, just transfered 2BTC without delay and with 0 fee.

Ya its funny all the people screaming the sky is falling.  News flash if you are transferring more then 0.001 BTC and your transaction isn't made of a hundred 0.00001 BTC inputs then you will never even notice this "stress test".  Just go have a look on blockchain.info all normal transactions are processing fine.

"The number of backlogged transactions is currently above 90,000 and climbing, and the size of the “memory pool,” the database that stores them, is shooting past 150MB. It usually sits below 10. On the Bitcointalk forum, where much of today’s action is going down, users are reporting that their Bitcoin clients are crashing when they try to collect the coins."

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/great-job-everyone-bitcoiners-are-ddosing-bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
No priv keys dropped for some hours now. The total number of unconfirmed transactions is still going up and down though. BTCChina and F2Pool aren't doing much to help clearing the backlog by mining non full blocks.

It seems 1mb blocks have too low fees currently, at ~0.1 to 0.3btc as an incentive for some miners to even bother with all the spam and dust.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
No priv keys dropped for some hours now. The total number of unconfirmed transactions is still going up and down though. BTCChina and F2Pool aren't doing much to help clearing the backlog by mining non full blocks.
Activity: 1299
Merit: 502
Activity: 334

I bet the price of BTC ends up rallying off this due to how little it will actually effect the network.
legendary
Activity: 1064

The price went down but recovered briefly.

IMO it's because people see that the claimed 30 day backlog isn't going to happen with just the giveaway.

They may not have generated a 30 day backlog, but they have shown that for a few thousand dollars you can really wreak havoc on the bitcoin network. Hell of an attack vector!

All the more reason a fee market needs to develop and why proposals that harm the fee market are a bad idea.
Activity: 146
I'm done
This is ridiculous.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Fuck you CoinWallet.eu

You didn't cancelled your shitty Stress Test. You just use people greediness so they make it by their own so you can't get in charge for this. But you still do it

You are what is worst in the community.

Bitcoiners stress testing their greed  Cheesy
Activity: 130
legendary
Activity: 1120

IMO it's because people see that the claimed 30 day backlog isn't going to happen with just the giveaway.

They may not have generated a 30 day backlog, but they have shown that for a few thousand dollars you can really wreak havoc on the bitcoin network. Hell of an attack vector!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

It seems to me like months of planning went into this "stress test" and quite some brilliant economic and social engineering.

That said, I would assume there's yet another phase to this test.  A plan C?
Activity: 426
yes ,  but am fighting from my computer having a latte......

Lol true that!  Awesome point.  Besides nobody is watching me battle all of you fellow peasants, well.....at least I don't think so.   Undecided
Activity: 121
It's not stress tests, it's you're fuckin stressed dumbass!
Pages:
Jump to: