Pages:
Author

Topic: Companies that are scary - page 3. (Read 2437 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
July 26, 2018, 05:31:45 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.

I think it's Google. We are using much more of their services and they cross-compile a Big Data by that.

People can live without Facebook (like me, I don't use it), but it's very hard to avoid all Google services and work online.

I think you are right. I was to say Facebook is the most intrusive of all but then you said Google and it had me thinking how much we all use Google every day. One day, Facebook will close but it will be very hard to get rid of Google. Besides we use it for work and leisure so the amount of data it collects from users is massive.
Every company and corporation in the world has their own way of developing in different areas and the competition is extremely tough. The disappearance of this company is the opportunity for other companies to grow and develop stronger. I think that the terrible rejection of today's large corporations is the reason for the very positive development of companies that do not want to stay behind.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
July 26, 2018, 03:52:13 PM
They dont scare me but they are the one who knows lot more things about me than myself. They track the activities and know what I like, what I eat and when I order. All this is because of the cookies stuff. They get stored and tracked later on and thus my whole browser gets filled with the advertisement that are relevant to my likes. I guess this is big strategy by these players to lure us so that we can buy more from them and keep ourselves as their permanent customers. Its not scary but its like having our whole biodata with is kind of nervous feeling and feels like someone knows too much about us and steal our money that way. lol on that.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 03:45:35 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I get a little creeped out when my phone knows my schedule and tells me how long it will take to drive home from where I am. I know some of these notifications are coming from Google but I think some of them are from Apple as well.

I don't like it. If I want to know traffic conditions, I'll look it up myself, thank you.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
July 26, 2018, 12:56:21 PM
I am not afraid of the companies that have some of my data like facebook or twitter. I am more afraid of individuals that might use my data to either harm me or to make fraudulent activities posting as me, it is already been proven by many stalkers and people who want to scam other people. Imagine have a case filed to you without you doing anything or having been blackmailed of the personal information that you do not want to be leaked.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 26, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

While some people will say Facebook is really scary or other similar companies I disagree because you can avoid using them, it is not like they are forcing you to use their services, I really think that the most scary companies when it comes to the internet are the internet service providers or ISP since they know everything about you and you cannot avoid to have to use one.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
July 26, 2018, 11:35:14 AM

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.

I think it's Google. We are using much more of their services and they cross-compile a Big Data by that.

People can live without Facebook (like me, I don't use it), but it's very hard to avoid all Google services and work online.

I think you are right. I was to say Facebook is the most intrusive of all but then you said Google and it had me thinking how much we all use Google every day. One day, Facebook will close but it will be very hard to get rid of Google. Besides we use it for work and leisure so the amount of data it collects from users is massive.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
July 26, 2018, 10:00:46 AM

I think facebook is the scariest company because they sell our data to third party. Beside that, they recording our activities. I am already deactive my facebook account because they know my internet activities on my phone

Although i don't really like the idea of selling those data or personal information for their own sake and to earn more money, i am not really sure if it did really happen or what. Yes it is scary to think that it is an unreliable application and site to use, but to think also that plenty of people wants facebook to be closed or permanently shut down is also scary. Personally i don't really think that sites are scary, yes it is a bit but what's the most scariest is that how the people think or should we conclude their mentality is the most scariest.

Same in business, there are fraud and scams which we need to stay away but, Facebook is the best platform for any business ad for now.
Facebook, social media is one of the sources of news now and by Facebook people can easily share news and videos to the public,
without any filtering of this post, the world can be ruin with fake news, Facebook should implement such rules and with just 1 Fake news account is bannable and those new Facebook profile can't post anything within a period of time.
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
July 26, 2018, 10:28:56 AM

There are several big internet social media's who can actually advertise cryptocurrency like facebook and twitter but they suddenly ban all cryptocurrency related advertisements.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
May 28, 2018, 08:37:49 AM

I think facebook is the scariest company because they sell our data to third party. Beside that, they recording our activities. I am already deactive my facebook account because they know my internet activities on my phone

Although i don't really like the idea of selling those data or personal information for their own sake and to earn more money, i am not really sure if it did really happen or what. Yes it is scary to think that it is an unreliable application and site to use, but to think also that plenty of people wants facebook to be closed or permanently shut down is also scary. Personally i don't really think that sites are scary, yes it is a bit but what's the most scariest is that how the people think or should we conclude their mentality is the most scariest.
May 28, 2018, 08:36:16 AM
Let the people choose to decide whether they still trust the mentions companies or not. Personally I trust them because I know they will not let the people suffer. They will not destroy their good name for just a simple things. Maybe at the future they will launch their own coin in the market.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
May 28, 2018, 08:23:55 AM

I'm sure when you register an account on Facebook, twitter and amazon you are required to approve the rules of their company, they are a big company so people like us who are even not famous people, they will not take our data, imagining someone having my personal data and abusing it was a little scary.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
May 28, 2018, 08:08:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 28, 2018, 08:03:46 AM
All of them are scary. If their business isn't selling your information like Facebook or Google, it's using your information to sell you things directly like Amazon.

All of that info can be weaponised against you. As it stands your credit rating can make or break the way you run your life. If all of your other habits start to count then we're all fucked.

China's social credit system is where we're going to end up with this but it'll repackaged to make you feel like you're doing something positive by ignoring that pal with low social credit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-system-punishments-rewards-explained-a8297486.html
Activity: 112
May 28, 2018, 07:56:51 AM
Facebook is the fastest thing to track your locations since every day we are posting our daily post with the nearest place of us so people know where you are because of your caption and your background, so you need to be careful when providing information in your post for security purposes also.
May 28, 2018, 07:39:50 AM
The world is going crazy, transferring all its human resources, including communication, to the Internet sphere. Soon they will start creating families through social networks. The government will continue to monitor the people and do nothing to improve their welfare!
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
May 28, 2018, 05:25:52 AM
I do not know which companies are scared of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The only thing I know that there are many companies working to learn and make their own cryptocurrencies. I think that the cryptocurrency give people new chances and opportunities 
Those who are scared of crypto currencies must be loan or insurance companies I believe. Otherwise others don’t need to fear this technology at all rather they can make millions from it if they give their customers choice of clearing all bills in bitcoin. May be those who are involved in keeping data of people are panicked because bitcoin is giving people an authority of keeping their transactions totally private.
Activity: 644
May 27, 2018, 09:27:21 AM

yes, I also agree with you, with advertising strategy dai facebook, which evidently always eye our activity when surfing the internet, must always appear ads related to our activity, whether it can be stopped?
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
May 26, 2018, 11:34:21 PM
More often than not individuals are interwoven with the web, so our protection is imperiled with this innovation. What unnerve me the most with this consistently developing advancement of innovation is that it generally ready to screen our day by day online exercises that appeared to be private. However, there is nothing we can do to stop this advancement in light of the fact that as I said before, we are entwined with the web. We need to live with it particularly now that bitcoin made up for lost time with this innovation.
Activity: 182
May 26, 2018, 11:30:37 PM

In my opinion, it is not scary for a company to look at a small detail that we value a big one, although there are many scams at the moment. Most companies still have their own companies and do not cheat on you
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 26, 2018, 10:18:25 PM
I think Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, because people can upload fake news and some videos that are not suitable for kids, they cannot stop also those fake accounts that spread malicious ads and comments.
Pages:
Jump to: