Pages:
Author

Topic: Companies that are scary - page 5. (Read 2437 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
May 09, 2018, 01:10:48 AM
wow i just thingking the internet are realy scary and all of those big companies have our data

I think facebook can keep an eye on our movements when the online location and everything can be tracked from facebook. And I think facebook is a horrible little company
Activity: 322
May 04, 2018, 01:07:35 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.
There are many who say that Facebook has been exposed to user information. There are a lot of junk applications on facebook that need to log in with people's accounts. user information is a simple matter for hackers. They will easily get information from everyone
Activity: 336
April 25, 2018, 10:54:53 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

Well somehow yes, there are companies today who are tracking you because of the huge amount of coins you are holding and they might check your address because of the amount of coins you have today.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
April 25, 2018, 10:48:07 PM
I do not use Amazon or Facebook, so they can not scare me. Facebook was known for sharing your personal data since many years, so it was your own fault. The name itself should scare you away! And Amazon is another US company that surely shares your personal data and in this case even with your personal address also! But most people will simply say that they have nothing to hide and anyway do not care much.
Those that say that they have nothing to hide are the ones that bother me the most, most people do not have any kind of big secret that they want to hide but yet you still have some need of privacy, however that seems to have been forgotten now that people publish all their lives in social media all the time.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 01:05:40 AM
if  internet knows you cat living,i use the hidden data about the geographic location of the photo is taken in which i share in the published photos of our cats on sites like facebook or instagram and other social media networks that works in our social media. .
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
April 23, 2018, 12:56:50 AM
everything online is vulnerable to hacks, for small time bitcoin holders this is not much of an issue, but maybe the million worth of account is, these social medias are based on our own preference. ads are the results of out online history, just like in facebook, our data is being collected for the purpose of future online ease. it was intended to assist human, what we click has millions of probabilities that describe what kind of user are we, based on our emotional and and interest, that is why think before we click.
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 11:52:40 PM
Google are one of these kinds of company. They collect all data including location, search history, conversation, pictures, almost everything in your phone. Google is the master influencer in every online purchase. Once you search something in Google, your social media site will instantly flooded you all kinds of advertising related to your item you have search until you become hook on that piece.  Google watches our entire life without giving us a break.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 22, 2018, 10:25:32 PM
i honestly do not use amazon, and there is no personal data on facebook, so there is no reason for me to be afraid with the issue of data collection in social media. because it is very risky when we store important data on facebook
Merit: 103
April 22, 2018, 07:12:00 PM
I do not use Amazon or Facebook, so they can not scare me. Facebook was known for sharing your personal data since many years, so it was your own fault. The name itself should scare you away! And Amazon is another US company that surely shares your personal data and in this case even with your personal address also! But most people will simply say that they have nothing to hide and anyway do not care much.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 07:03:28 PM

facebook is the most evidently scary. they already have most of our information. have admitted that they have been hacked a couple of times. google is scary as well as they keep track of our locations when our data and locations are turned on
Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 22, 2018, 06:55:44 PM

There are news that tackles about how the facebook entered the private messages and manipulate the election. In almost 9 years of using facebook, this is just the year that I am scared to hide my pictures and other stuffs in facebook speciall my crypto related stuffs. Facebook chain messages last day was triggered me also and in fact, I shared it to my family in order for them to become aware about what is happening in facebook. But it seems the chain message was just a full of lies and I was fooled by the chain message.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
April 22, 2018, 05:24:18 PM

Facebook had an issue later about data leak in U.S.A. and I do believe that it is possible that Facebook can gather information about you through their site. Just imagine if you are keeping over million of dollars in your crypto wallet and they decided to look into your account even look deep into your personal info just to gain access on your crypto wallet.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 506
April 17, 2018, 10:16:43 PM
Of course we need to be alert to all those platforms, because our data security is not necessarily maintained in those platforms, we should start now to keep our personal data from all platforms because they fear that they will misuse our data for some people who ultimately lead to harm to us.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
April 17, 2018, 09:45:46 PM
Well, if you are not doing anything bad and just don't care about KYCs then there won't be much problems here. But for people that always wanted privacy and anonymity then consider these large companies that are based in powerful countries like the US, China, Russia and maybe the UK too and some others to have your information taken already or stored for future purposes. These countries are the ones ruling the different parts of the world and they want to make sure everything is under control.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
April 17, 2018, 09:41:06 PM

Amazon is not really scary they are just keeping track of what you purchase with them and as long as you do not buy anything controversial then you're fine, in my opinion the worst offenders are Facebook, Apple, Google and Microsoft, Apple and Microsoft have created operative systems that track you in everything you do, while Google products and Facebook products track also everything you do in your everyday life, that is why I avoid products of those companies.

No one can say how they use our personal details and our transaction details in recent days facebook was in a big trouble so social sites and apps are not in private stage so we cannot share personal details on any sites.
Activity: 728
April 17, 2018, 09:24:37 PM

Amazon is not really scary they are just keeping track of what you purchase with them and as long as you do not buy anything controversial then you're fine, in my opinion the worst offenders are Facebook, Apple, Google and Microsoft, Apple and Microsoft have created operative systems that track you in everything you do, while Google products and Facebook products track also everything you do in your everyday life, that is why I avoid products of those companies.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
April 17, 2018, 07:28:33 PM
Those are scary. they can use our data for their own interest. but we can not avoid them completely. they are around us right now, we only can hope governments will give justice for us about our privacy safety.

The government doesn't care about your wellbeing. They only see privacy scandals as an opportunity to fill up their pockets by handing over hefty penalties to social media sites. You can largely avoid social media if you so wish, but it's almost impossible to prevent Google from swallowing nearly everything you do on the internet, especially so if you have no clue about what's going on. Ignorance is the most dangerous aspect of the modern world when it comes to the internet and maintaining your privacy -- people throughout all the years haven't learned much in that regard, which is a damn shame. At some point in the future there probably isn't such a thing as privacy on the internet anymore -- everyone's profile has been stored on servers for ever and gets updated consistently.

but in short answer,  those don't scare me, because they can not use me, because I have no valuable thing to use.  Grin Grin

Your profile is all they need. It's worth more for them than you think. Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 17, 2018, 07:22:57 PM
Even recently there is news that says if there is a leak of data on facebook, I personally have long left facebook and other social media after know this forum, so I need not be afraid of this incident.
Activity: 220
April 17, 2018, 07:22:12 PM
There are many of those, but I personaly have nothing such special to hide from anybody, so whatever, I dont care. They will this or another way anyway gather your info.
Activity: 1204
April 17, 2018, 07:14:26 PM

Facebook and other social media can easily or fastly spread rumors or news. So I think this can affect businesses positively or negatively. Scams in the in the internet are also feared. So we must be careful enough.

Those are scary. they can use our data for their own interest. but we can not avoid them completely. they are around us right now, we only can hope governments will give justice for us about our privacy safety.

but in short answer,  those don't scare me, because they can not use me, because I have no valuable thing to use.  Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: