Pages:
Author

Topic: Companies that are scary - page 4. (Read 2437 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 26, 2018, 09:58:29 PM
I think Google is a horrible company, and in terms of the amount of data already stored, I think Google is unbeatable.

Because they can be very clear about your lifestyle, what websites you've visited, what types of things you're interested in.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
May 26, 2018, 08:28:04 PM
The Internet knows where your cat lives. Using the hidden meta-data about the geographic location of where the photo was taken which we share when we publish photos of our cats on sites like Instagram and other social media networks.
I agree with you fellow. Social media is the most intrusive, the facebook, twitter, instagram and others. It is really scary since those brilliant ones uses their wit in intruding a person's personal lives.
Activity: 126
May 26, 2018, 07:52:20 PM
For me Facebook is the most scary companies that lots of people using it in their daily life by just posting their activities. Facebook is the one that we can stored our memories, moments and some private messages that can easily hack if someone wants to get some of our private information or data that can be used to black mail one person. So thats the thing that scary me about facebook.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
May 26, 2018, 07:35:16 PM
I use facebook until now and I think it is a little scary.I think all social media account had connections coz when I used other social media the thing I search in that website will also appear on fb.It seems they know what you are doing or having.In facebook also it tracks where you are and even faces.But even its still scary I still use it coz as of now nothing bad happened through using facebook.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
May 26, 2018, 07:23:04 PM
Facebook I think is the most because of connections  you are expose to many people that can hack or get the information they needed, they may easily have access to you considering they are open also to many posting, comments etc.
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
May 26, 2018, 07:06:24 PM
My country is the biggest facebook users in the world and we spend time taking posts , comments like for about 10hrs a day i think. Its a time killing app for us and if we are gonna be afraid of something with data, that would be facebook for sure. Next is twitter.
Activity: 392
May 26, 2018, 06:39:04 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.

as far as I know now facebook is more emphasis on us that they do not want to advertise bitcoin in it, because chances are, according to them, bitcoin it is very risky to progress facebook which is now been developed so big.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
May 25, 2018, 06:35:38 AM
I do not know which companies are scared of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The only thing I know that there are many companies working to learn and make their own cryptocurrencies. I think that the cryptocurrency give people new chances and opportunities 
Activity: 84
May 25, 2018, 05:05:11 AM
To ensure that your personal data is not used do not give them to third parties, and you will not have any problems.
Activity: 420
CAT.EX Exchange
May 25, 2018, 05:02:57 AM
I think it depends on us. If we upload all of our personal data and activities in social media will jeopardize our safety. if the data is leaked and accessed by the person who hates us. and the presence of social media will make you a selfish person because we only always focus on the looks and opinions of netizens. No concern with the environment and his family. But if we use social media just to find old friends who never meet or to trade online. Personal data and daily activities we do not uplode in social media. So the social media presence is not something scary but profitable.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
May 25, 2018, 04:39:00 AM
With the news about the data leak in Facebook? I would say social media apps are really scary. But then again, i feel that having tens and thousands of companies lining up to place their ads in these social media apps are enough. Data selling maybe is something they didn't want to do and most likely have been strong armed to do it. Or maybe they're just greedy bastards that needs to go to jail.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
May 25, 2018, 04:35:06 AM
yeah correct. i scare about sharing my private informations in social media sites such as facebook and twitter. in any case they can be shared with third parties for bad purposes. it is very risky for everybody.
Activity: 116
May 16, 2018, 11:28:49 AM
To me, GOOGLE on line services encompasses a lot more than what any one could imagine and spread all over every facet of life and covers every nooks and crannies of the world. This Global world of Google is somehow scary if we can put it that way.
Activity: 28
May 16, 2018, 11:25:05 AM
Those that say that they don't have anything to cover up are the ones that trouble me the most.individuals don't have any sort of enormous mystery that they need to stow away yet despite everything you have some need of privacy.however that appears to have been overlooked now that individuals distribute every one of their lives in online networking constantly.
Activity: 1258
Merit: 104
May 16, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.
I believe that facebook is a business that is very influential on bitcoin. because facebook is able to see anyone who uses bitcoin clearly. so we also need to be careful of facebook.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
May 16, 2018, 10:12:47 AM
I myself experienced great fear tehadap internet, especially social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others. Worrying if my personal data in the account is misused by irresponsible party. However, I have confidence that big media media like Facebook, Amazon and as I mentioned have good and secure data security.
Activity: 63
May 11, 2018, 09:03:22 AM
google really scares me as google does keeps track on you locations. especially if the location options on you device is enabled.
Activity: 26
May 11, 2018, 09:01:25 AM

How about google? It collects more data than Facebook like search history and even the locations you've been.
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
May 10, 2018, 01:52:28 PM
They are all intrusive and although I know it I don’t really care. Apps like snapchat are used to scan your face into the system with the “filters”. Although apps like facebook I do believe are most intrusive they monitor everything you do and say. So they can relate ads to you and use it against you.
Activity: 504
May 09, 2018, 03:23:03 AM

Indeed, it is scary to think that those companies have ways in tracking us. But, if one would read the agreement in every single one of those social media companies, the information provided by it's users are not mandatory, so it is the users responsibility because he or she was the who put it there in the first place.
Pages:
Jump to: