Pages:
Author

Topic: Companies that are scary - page 6. (Read 2437 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
April 17, 2018, 06:19:02 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

Those companies that you mention is highly respected and they will not do anything sneaky that will affect you in a bad way, those social media's that you mention is secured enough to place your data and that is the reason why they are called social media.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
April 17, 2018, 06:15:59 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

Facebook and other social media can easily or fastly spread rumors or news. So I think this can affect businesses positively or negatively. Scams in the in the internet are also feared. So we must be careful enough.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 01:46:52 PM
I think social media is Facebook, because I feel facebook is very protection once to follow what we do in the facebook forum, and even facebook ban criptocurrancy world into its territory. i do not know why that could happen ..
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
March 10, 2018, 01:14:39 PM
The Internet knows where your cat lives. Using the hidden meta-data about the geographic location of where the photo was taken which we share when we publish photos of our cats on sites like Instagram and other social media networks.

I also dislike companies that evade taxes and do it legally, that is by pressing and lobbying to have laws that are made to the size of the large corporations and evade tax.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 09, 2018, 03:34:12 AM
I think all that is related to the internet will be very easy to know personal data from others even from some other social media. Even in today's technological era there are many sites that have features to search for information or data about others and this is an advanced search engine tailor made for that purpose. But this can not be done if people are never active in the internet world.
Activity: 322
March 09, 2018, 01:42:03 AM

I think they scared because maybe they know that theres a lot of player will loss their mind by playing and using this social media theres a lot of peoole became bad people becausr of this so theey scared aboutwhat will happen in the future if it continuees.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
March 09, 2018, 01:33:03 AM

Social media, I think a lot of people are using their services. I think the data on the list you listed is a great company that certainly has a high security standards, we can just to not use if we want to avoid things that we do not want. but if google and intetnet, I think we can not do much to avoid it.
Activity: 246
March 09, 2018, 01:16:34 AM
Definitely facebook. I can't count the number of times I have used facebook to login to websites before when I still didn't know what's what. They have your photos, websites, searches, messages and almost your life. Even accounts that were hacked can discredit your identity.
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
March 09, 2018, 12:56:25 AM
I think these are 3 of the most known large companies that exist in the internet. Among these three the scariest I think is the facebook. This actually contains a lot of information about yourself, your family and friends, and sometimes even your daily rouitine if you used to broadcast it around the social media.  We know that it can possibly be hacked and used to manipulate people and other things around you. And I’ve already seen those kinds of things.
Activity: 224
March 08, 2018, 04:41:54 AM
   I dont like to publish any of my private information therefore I beware of any internet player. When I covered my web camera I got a banner on Youtube says: "Why did you cover your camera? Beware of trojans? Use our antivirus..". I dont use any of social webs and tend to leave wrong information about me everywhere
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
March 08, 2018, 04:28:10 AM

I'm not scared of any site that could possibly trace my transaction history, what's I'm afraid of are the hackers that can steal my bitcoin from my wallet. Time will come that Amazon, Facebook and other big name in internet market will adopt cryptos just like a normal currency, they will somehow require KYC for every transaction but I don't mind that as long as they will not do bad on my bitcoin and earnings.

Well these companies are also bound by laws and they know that there will be repercussions once they violate their cust's privacy and trust. Big companies put premium in securing their customers' information so i'm not really concerned. Their reputation depends on it anyways
There are number of companies across the entire world which are little scary while declaring any of the crypto currency like that of bitcoin as mode of payment and as a mode of paying to their employees. It is because of the fact that still none of the country has not declared it as an official currency and till the time this will not be dine, things will not change as no company will take such risk.
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
March 07, 2018, 07:59:26 PM
Internet social security is a big concern now a days, Big companies track all your activities which is not at all cool. With the revolution of the smartphone, even location tracking had become quite common now. All these Big internet fishes keep their eye on each and every activity we do on the internet in day to day life.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
March 07, 2018, 09:57:41 AM

I think facebook is a little horrible company because facebook can keep an eye on our movement when online location and everything can be tracked from facebook.
Yeah I agree as most people are doing a normal habits in making post a pictures about a gatherings and updates about the happenings of there day that I think too scary, as many people knows your personal life's and your the routine. It's easy for the criminal to know your locations if they have plan on you. For me, Facebook is not safe to include your daily activities and personal life's.  
Activity: 196
March 07, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
It would have to be facebook. You put a lot of information in facebook and if you don't have enough knowledge of their security feature you might compromise yourself and your family.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
March 07, 2018, 09:36:56 AM
Facebook may be one that scares me. Except for the fact that they themselves uses their technology to keep track of people, other hackers may also use them to get info's about bitcoin holders.
Activity: 505
Merit: 35
March 07, 2018, 09:29:33 AM

Google are one of these kinds of company. They collect all data including location, search history, conversation, pictures, almost everything in your phone. Google is the master influencer in every online purchase. Once you search something in Google, your social media site will instantly flooded you all kinds of advertising related to your item you have search until you become hook on that piece. Sometimes it is creepy because Google knows you when you are almost at your home or at work. They also were suggesting you to re-route because of pending traffic ahead.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
March 07, 2018, 08:23:18 AM

In online companies weather its Facebook, Twitter or Amazon but let me specify my answer, for me in Facebook because a lot of people use Facebook now a days and its hard to trust and most of all they can hack it and know your identity without your presence or knowledge. so for me the scariest company is Facebook.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
March 07, 2018, 08:21:57 AM

All of these are tracking user data and it is indeed scary. You forgot about Google as well which is also involved in this. If you involved with some large projects and want to hide details from these companies, make use of encrypted mail providers and also use proxy to hide your identity. Do not make any search on Google or YouTube with a logged in account.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
March 07, 2018, 08:11:45 AM
Google is sure one if these guys. I agree with those above who mentioned google. I use to be working with google as I'm a webmaster myself so I own few websites even today that google is indexing and even my name is index that I have no idea how to delete them online. I'd like to take it out but seem like the all index everything. But that isn't the problem with google, they monitor everything we do online specially if you have gmail.
Activity: 70
March 07, 2018, 08:01:53 AM

Actually for me all companies are scary but based on activities and status updates on Facebook, the company can predict (with scary accuracy) whether or not your relationship is going to last.
Pages:
Jump to: