Pages:
Author

Topic: corruption and education - page 2. (Read 3092 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
August 20, 2018, 09:31:34 PM
what kind of people are more corrupted? Educated or Uneducated.. i think you know better. Education should be the the prime source to establish morality and responsibility against the corruption. But why the 80% [i think] of total corruption is happened among the literate people?
You cant blame also they had the power to manipulate the people, the educated peoples always is has a many steps in terms of plans among the uneducated people. most in our country educated always use they power to traffic drugs, human traffacking, smuggling, that leads to a country get less taxes that will help to those people who cant find a job children who can eat. Even in education has a corruption not only the educated and uneducated many fees you will pay and its not even use for the school of for the students.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 20, 2018, 02:28:48 PM
Maybe the reason is that they believe they're smarter than other people? Especially in the education sector. People engaged in teaching/instructing are prone to believe they're kind of superior to others, which might "entitle" them to behavior usually considered to be immoral/illegal.
It's too hard to explain, really.
Activity: 100
August 14, 2018, 11:59:42 AM
These issue are mostly related to the countries in transition and the developing parts of the world. However, in many developed countries, corruption is also endemic within education namely, corruption entered this area and seriously endangers schools and universities. Corruption in the education sector can be defined as "the systematic use of public office for private benefit, whose impact is significant on the availability and quality of educational goods and services, and, had impact on access, quality or equity in education"   ( Hallak and Poison, 2002 ). Unfortunately, very little research has been carried out to compare the costs of corruption in the education sector.
Activity: 19
August 14, 2018, 09:42:03 AM
what kind of people are more corrupted? Educated or Uneducated.. i think you know better. Education should be the the prime source to establish morality and responsibility against the corruption. But why the 80% [i think] of total corruption is happened among the literate people?

Because the remaining 20%, i.e. illiterate or uneducated just never get a chance to occupy a position that enables them to be a part of corruption. That simple. Wink So, education hasn't got anything to do with corruption, but it provides a way to get involved if you are prone to it.

I agree. Education provides an opportunity to be engaged in corruption, but it doesn't change a person's attitudes or integrity, which means that education itself doesn't spoil people. It just might enable morally bankrupt people to engage in corruption, IMO.
Activity: 19
August 13, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
I believe that educated people are more corrupted. It is strange but it is a fact. Politicians, for example, do not hesitate to take bribery even though they are all educated. The more people are educated, the more they try to cheat. It is like a lawyer trying to avoid laws. People think that education will help them find loopholes. For example, educated people do not pay fully their taxes as well. Uneducated people, on the contrary, are afraid of laws and try to obey. Of course, some of them are really mad and commit crimes but generally, educated people are the cheaters in our society. Corruption is their act.
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
August 13, 2018, 07:06:57 AM
all people who are corrupt must be educated, if they are not educated it is impossible for them to occupy such high positions.
corrupt people are not taught good morals from childhood, they are more concerned with each other's ego, they only think of the pleasures of the world without fear of sin
Activity: 60
August 13, 2018, 07:03:31 AM
I think the educators are the most corrupt. They try to distort students beliefs, and install their own non-competitive idears. Political correctness has gone mad - why would anyone think that  a white supremacist phrase like "person of colour" is non-racist, and a simple description of skin colour is racist?

You're going too far, i think that everyone who teaches people will pass on some biases. Only a handful of people can really control themselves enough to strive on being fully objective. After all, when you're teaching someone something, you're changing their worldview. Humanities being so closely tied to our characters only makes the influence stronger, since you're learning things that affect your perception on society more.
Activity: 23
August 13, 2018, 06:25:14 AM
Corruption is based on character alone. It has no relationship with literacy or illiteracy. Illiteracy is one's status obtained from the lack of access to education through reading and writing. But, reading and writing alone is not the sole means of acquiring knowledge. So, an illiterate person can also be knowledgeable and wise.

Literacy can however open up a huge opportunity to enhance knowledge, develop skills, and also become more innovative and intelligent.

All these attributes can help a good man to live honestly and a bad man to lead a vile life. Education is merely a tool for gaining knowledge, honing skills and solving problems. A corrupt person can also use his education either to lead an honest life or for enhancing skills to become more corrupt without getting caught. One can choose and get enough learning material for catering to either proclivities.

Just like we differentiate between good conduct and bad conduct, we should also differentiate between good education and bad education.
Activity: 132
Merit: 2
June 27, 2018, 01:25:13 PM
this whole sweeping generalisation is absurd to begin with. corruption is not a educated or uneducated base phenomenon, but being educated helps one to make good contacts or in the higher places and then progress to commit humongous scams. corruption is associated with greed & compartmentalization of a system. when a system is rewarding corruption, people will automatically assume it to be a norm & everyone is expected to fall in line with either paying the system or getting paid by the system. education plays little or negligible part in such occurring. better education or awareness may help in lowering the level of corruption but thats another point to begin with.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
June 26, 2018, 09:07:52 PM

Quite frankly the more educated and literate you are in an educated and literate society the more likely you're going to have access and ability to act in a corrupt manner. If you are uneducated, where will you be corrupt? At the dollar store? Maybe if you start your own franchise or something maybe you can be corrupt against your own employees but it'll never be government level or high profile finance corruption or anything like that.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 26, 2018, 09:52:47 AM
Corruption always exists in politics and most of the time, the criteria to have a position is that you have any degree or in simpler wordw, you should be educated. Knowledge is a power indeed as we can use it in rightful and even in wrong ways. That's where I believe where corrupt people go in. They are well educated and with that knowledge and power they have, corrupting is just an easy thing to do. It is sad that those who are well educated are those who are doing this thing. The moral and character shouldalso be there as a balance to the education that they get to understand that corrupting doesn't create any good effect to anyone.
Activity: 98
June 26, 2018, 09:40:07 AM
Corruption and education are polar opposites of each other so the people who do corruption do not want others to be educated cause then they’ll be a threat.
Activity: 238
June 26, 2018, 08:31:42 AM
Corruption is not educated-illiterate, because those who are corrupt do not have morals and they are out of humanity. I thing those who are corrupt, they are never good people, they harm only humans and later their children are also walking along the path of corruption. And educated people do other good thoughts before then and then think of themselves well. So, always express corruption and educated own morality and mind.
Activity: 122
June 25, 2018, 01:29:51 PM
It's really a pity, gone are the days when education was a true test of knowledge and when someone graduate from school you'll attest to the fact that it's his/her grade but today it's no more like that. Student of now a days no more situp to study rather look for money to sort their lecturers for marks upgrade, and some lecturers ask girls for sex in other to pass them in their courses and this is purely corruption in our education system and if care and proper measures is not put in place to handle this cankerworm that's eating deep into our education then I can assure you we won't have adequate competent leaders tomorrow to handle this our country well.
Activity: 98
June 25, 2018, 10:54:44 AM
Educated people tend to have a high I.Q but less E.Q, while people who are less educated have high E.Q and low I.Q which means that uneducated people tend to more for the society rather than corrupting the minds and money of the people involve. Are you getting it? But because of corruption, less educated people are also adopting the mind set of the people who are corrupt. Because of it, less people who are not corrupt are loosing, and corrupt people are gaining more population than the other. Because of power and money, they tend to become corrupt. Over powering others are really kinda fun but let's think of the future and the society.
Activity: 56
June 25, 2018, 05:18:40 AM
Education is one of the fundamental human right and a major driver of human and economic development. It accentuates personal integrity and structure of the societies in which we live. Since education typically comprises 20-30 percent of a country’s budget, it is  critically prone to corruption, from national education ministries to local schools and universities.Stolen resources from education budgets mean overcrowded classrooms and crumbling schools, or no schools at all. Books and supplies are sometimes sold instead of being given out freely. Schools and universities also ‘sell’ school places or charge unauthorised fees, forcing students (usually girls) to drop out. Teachers and lecturers are appointed through family connections, without qualifications.The end result is limited access to and poor quality of education, and a social acceptance of corruption through a corrupted education system.
Activity: 42
June 24, 2018, 10:47:34 AM
Corruption refers to stealing and embezzling funds of an organization or a group. Corruption has ruin the life of many organizations and states. Majority of these people who found themselves in this act are literate but they indulge in this act. Education on the other hand enlightens an individual and helps one to do things and do it well. This means education can make one more corrupt. However, if people are taught the effect of corruption on society then they can desist from the act.
Activity: 30
June 24, 2018, 10:35:59 AM
the answer to that question is twofold, ie seen from the biological and socio-anthropological grounds. from a biological basis, human beings have to be educated / educated because basically humans are born powerless. Unlike the case with animals, like a cow that can walk after a few minutes of birth by his mother.
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
June 24, 2018, 09:34:14 AM
Corruption continues to prevail in various modes, since corrupt behavior is not eroded from its roots, so corruption continues to prevail. Education is the place most responsible for the root of corruption, because in education as the formation of character like honesty.
Activity: 97
June 24, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
"corruption of state money"
Learned people do it often because they have the idea that many of the fools he leads, so that it appears in the middle of leadership.
Indeed at the beginning did not have such intentions but after seeing great opportunities he will surely fall too ..
Pages:
Jump to: