Pages:
Author

Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency? - page 15. (Read 11957 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
it might be possible but it is going to take a longer time, bitcoin is still doing well in market right now, so any coin that will take it place will have to be stronger than it and i dont think any coin can do that in the next 10 years
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

it might happen if bitcoin is not very suitable for profit and too expensive, usually altcoin which will be its high price when bitcoin is invaluable.
I think No, because the popularity of bitcoin and trust of people on it worldwide no other crypto currency can replaced Bitcoin. Rising of its value is also a key factor that no other crypto currency can overtake it. There are many other crypto currency in market but they are not so popular and so trusty worldwide.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

it might happen if bitcoin is not very suitable for profit and too expensive, usually altcoin which will be its high price when bitcoin is invaluable.
Activity: 140
there is a possibility to that, maybe in the future. Because there is a lot of different coins appearing in the market and that is  when the competitions starts to grow, maybe one of those will have the potential to overtake the popularity of bitcoin.
Activity: 56
Bitcoin has the first mover advantage and it's the reserve currency for most crypto trading. It's not losing its spot at the table anytime soon.
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
While I highly doubt it, it is definitely possible for some other coin to overtake Bitcoin's position as the leading coin.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
I think I may have the design that will replace it potentially. However much of it still depends on work by some mathmaticians in the industry.
Activity: 56
Since the creation of Bitcoin, there have been hundreds of altcoins created that are supposed to be the next big cryptocurrency. The first one to gain any real success was Litecoin, and now we’ve seen the likes of Peercoin, Dogecoin, and others get their time to shine. While some of the newer variations of Bitcoin offer some interesting characteristics, it’s important to remember the power of Bitcoin’s position as the first cryptocurrency ever created. For a variety of reasons, Bitcoin is already halfway around the track as these new altcoins are just about to takeoff from the starting line.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Anything can happen at this point but at the same time bitcoin is getting such a big support from investors and people around the world that the possibility that happens is in the low side, there is simply too much money in bitcoin and too many interests that want to make bitcoin a success that they are not going to let bitcoin fail and lose money as a result.
Activity: 250
i think if there is a potential alt coin in the market, will brings bitcoin down, lol, but this is not gonna happen, since bitcoin is our friendly coin right now, bitcoin deserves to become as one of our future currency soon.
Activity: 31

Maybe not and I hope it will not because if it will happen, it would be difficult for us to earn here.
Activity: 406
Most definitely could, although to be honest the momentum Bitcoin has had is difficult for any coin to compete with. While the tech is outdated people do see it as a good alternative to bank deposits, as it has better and more consistent ROI.

The thing is Bitcoin has and always will have the first-mover advantage. This is what is currently keeping it afloat. Without the first-move advantage it would be longgg gone by now. But also don't forget that many sites like Friendster and Myspace has the same advantages and failed in the long run and were overtaken by better companies, therefore if Bitcoin does not fix its problems quickly it could go down the same road that they did.
I am sorry but I disagree with you, many people said that ETH have the better feature than bitcoin, but why many countries are only accept bitcoin instead of ETH?. I think we cannot ignore that bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
Chances are there in the digital wolrd cryptocurrency plays an important role so along with bitcoin already we have coin like Ethereum that making sound already and also giving competition, so nobody knows what happens in the future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Most definitely could, although to be honest the momentum Bitcoin has had is difficult for any coin to compete with. While the tech is outdated people do see it as a good alternative to bank deposits, as it has better and more consistent ROI.

The thing is Bitcoin has and always will have the first-mover advantage. This is what is currently keeping it afloat. Without the first-move advantage it would be longgg gone by now. But also don't forget that many sites like Friendster and Myspace has the same advantages and failed in the long run and were overtaken by better companies, therefore if Bitcoin does not fix its problems quickly it could go down the same road that they did.
I am sorry but I disagree with you, many people said that ETH have the better feature than bitcoin, but why many countries are only accept bitcoin instead of ETH?. I think we cannot ignore that bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500

Activity: 103
Merit: 14
Activity: 224
I will do wonder for YOU!!!

anything is possible as long as there in the competition in the market there will always be someone to be toppled down or something to beat.  so it is possible.
Activity: 363
I guess there is a possibility, who knows. But I think it only happens when there will be a big event that would cause the downfall of bitcoin which will make people dump it at choose the other coin specially ethereum. And that would take time before it happen because today bitcoin gained the trust of the people.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
One of a kind

There is a possibility that another cryptocurrency could outshine bitcoin in the years to come. But no matter what happen still bitcoin has already been mark in the history that it became the number cryptocurrency. This instance cannot be controlled since change is inevitable.
Activity: 280
It was possible because in this world there was no permanent , in comes to technology there will always be an improvement we always want the best , I actually think that ethereum might overstep bitcoin in the next 10 years.
Activity: 1232
Bitcoin being replaced by other cryptocurrencies is obviously possible. I believe new coins will be launched into in to the system by countries as there own country specific cryptocurrency after the Blockchain network being vastly accepted. So at that point it might be possible for us to see Bitcoin being overtaken. But it will never loose its integrity and support as its the primary of all and for Bitcoin itself we might see this possibility.
Pages:
Jump to: