Pages:
Author

Topic: Craig Wright relents aka Satoshi (air quotes) in Public Apology! - page 3. (Read 8965 times)

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

If I were Satoshi I would have done a spend from the Genesis block and signed it "I am Craig Wright". Then I would go back into hiding forever.  Cheesy
hahaha but on his post satoshi said, he is not Dorian Nakamoto, and you are right much better if he signed or post that he is Craig Wright.
Haha that would be funny and craig would of course ride on that trick of satoshi. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I honestly believe this guy may need a psychiatric evaluation.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Please let CSW be Satoshi...he really is so much fun.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
In Dr. Wright's Case, he had to  convince people by:
1- Showing his absolute and deep knowledge and vision
2- Convincing people, trust worthy people, who know Satoshi better
3- Presenting his deep concerns and good intentions about the technology under consideration
4- Using his reputation and background as a respected, honest , trust worthy person
5- Putting forward his new and solid ideas about the future
6- Reasoning about his disappearance
7- Justifying his decision to reveal his Identity

And I think he has almost done all of this!

You are most likely a sock puppet of CSW or of his group.

Here are appropriate answers to your list to help determine is CSW is Satoshi
:
1. Irrelevant. This information is speculative and doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.
2. Irrelevant. This information is speculative and doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.
3. Irrelevant. This information is speculative and doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.
4. Irrelevant. This information is speculative and doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.
5. Irrelevant. The issue here is the past and this doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.
6. Irrelevant. This information is speculative and doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.
7. Irrelevant. This information is speculative and doesn't determine if he is Satoshi.

According to your list, I have done everything you listed except number 2 so far.
So all I have to do is convince Gavin and three others, and you will go to bat for me?

I think aliashraf has got it about right.  I don't know how this will play out, but it sure looks like Craig is who he claims.

Yes, you sure do look credible. Your not another sock puppet or anything.
Hey thanks for signing on and posting your single comment after being away since January.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
If I were Satoshi I would have done a spend from the Genesis block and signed it "I am Craig Wright". Then I would go back into hiding forever.  Cheesy

The genesis block coins are not spendable. All he can do is sign a message with the genesis block key. It would be extremely entertaining to see such a signed message show up.

The genesis coinbase reward is not spendable. The address, however, holds more coins than just the coinbase reward.
Do you know the address of that genesis block? I would like to see how many bitcoin are there beside that initial 50 BTC.
I heard that people were sending there donations for years.

You can just type "0" (for the block height) in the search box on blockchain.info to see the genesis block and associated transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★

The genesis block coins are not spendable. All he can do is sign a message with the genesis block key. It would be extremely entertaining to see such a signed message show up.

The genesis coinbase reward is not spendable. The address, however, holds more coins than just the coinbase reward.
Do you know the address of that genesis block? I would like to see how many bitcoin are there beside that initial 50 BTC.
I heard that people were sending there donations for years.
legendary
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!
What is the name of the idiot who first proudly (poof!) announced his discovery about the Dr.Wright's cryptographic proof? Don't remember right now and don't care really .... He is absolutely nerd, a single task mind that can just do encryption and decryption and hashing on silly bits of strings (just like a dumb ASIC mining machine). He knows nothing, absolutely nothing about the other aspects of life and science , why? will tell you ...

Remember what our hero decoder wrote about the proof among his jokes and 'techy' writings? He wrote something like "... it just shows deep admin level knowledge of Blockchain ...and nothing more!"

Nothing more was indeed necessary to convince me and I think Craig just wanted to show this: being a super expert in the field!
Dr. Wright, a recognized scientist, who for months has been considered to be the real Satoshi,  convinces key figures, pioneer advocates and developers of of Bitcoin  about his Satoshi identitiy , and shows to public, 'proves' for public, his "... deep admin level knowledge ..." of Blockchain technology.

This is the proof! a very strong proof I believe.
But this fool comes, jumps up and down like a clown shutting: "see? see what a genius I am? I decoded and encoded and decoded and found that a great technical skill has been used but no PKs of Satoshi, .... this is fraud! a genius fraud!" and hundreds of fools (all of them feeling to be very crypto-genius) repeated this and Dr. Satoshi Wright realized: "This guys do not deserve the truth, better to live them playing with silly bits for now."
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012

legendary
Well, glad to see someone tries to understand though fails.

Everything is simply information. How you choose to use it is entirely up to you.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I believe that he genuinely thought he could pull it off by carefully timing Gavin & co public announcement about SN true identity and his own blog post. He didn't realize his complicated cryptographic "proof" was so easy to debunk. Additionally he had to assume that the real SN wouldn't post any message disputing his identity.

I don't think Wright is so stupid to the point he didn't realize that his 'proofs' is not solid. He might be clown but he is not an idiot.
Maybe there is something more behind this whole story? Maybe he was scared by someone to shut up?

There is popular theory that Craig Wright and Dave Kleiman and other scientists were part of team 'Satoshi Nakamoto' and bitcoin is their creation.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
4- Using his reputation and background as a respected, honest , trust worthy person

Wait, which Craig Wright are you talking about?  Even back in December it seemed likely there was some fraudulent information being presented:

Quote from: the article
    Wright’s company Cloudcroft had claimed to own two supercomputers, one of which it said was built by computer-maker SGI. But in an email to WIRED, (and as reported earlier by ZDNet) SGI says that “Cloudcroft has never been an SGI customer and SGI has no relationship with Cloudcroft CEO Craig Steven Wright.” The supercomputer-ranking organization Top500, which had listed two of Wright’s computers as some of the fastest in the world—one as high as 15th place earlier this year—declined to comment on how they’d verified Wright’s entries.

Wright had listed two PhDs on his since-deleted LinkedIn page, one from Charles Sturt University in Bathurst, Australia, in computer science. But that university now tells Forbes that it never gave Wright any PhDs, although it granted him three master’s degrees in related fields: Networking and Systems Administration, Management (Information Technology), and Information Systems Security.

An analysis of two PGP public keys attributed to Wright but also linked to Satoshi Nakamoto—one in our story and one in Gizmodo’s—show that they were likely created more recently than the documents in which we found them. Vice’s Motherboard site came to that conclusion based on the keys’ length and types of cipher suites they used, compared with another, known public key for Satoshi Nakamoto.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

You forgot to mention how he twice has presented "proof" of being Satoshi that was demonstrably faked and/or designed to mislead.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I have posted it before and I am surprised how you people read a lot of boring, worthless quotes and do not discuss some very canonical points I have declared here. Are you completely out of your minds? Is Bitcoin community poisoned to death?

This thread and the whole discussion is based on a false interpretation of Dr Wright's announcement: He has not "relented". He simply says that has not enough motivation/interest/mental strength to argue about his Satoshi identity. In other words Wright has observed that even moving 'holy coins' won't help to put an end to this. Wright is a sophisticated person (what else he would be), Gavin describes him as 'focused' and 'opinionated'. In his interview he simply asks a vital question: Why does he have to prove anything to anybody? There is no interest, not a bit of logic to put an obligation on him for convincing every single person for his identity.
He is dealing with people who do not understand a bit and pretend to be maters of cryptography.

Possessing some silly sequence of symbols, a PK, just proves your possession of it and not your identity! Your assets, do not define your identity, you fools!
And one's lack of access to some keys can not prove him/her not being somebody, you fools!

Satoshi Will destroy you all, I am sure about it, this so-called 'community' needed this shock and deserves a serious revision.

Cryptography is more and more changing to become a satanic, nihilistic religion. "You want prove your identity, do not promise, do not ask for trust,
forget about showing your skills, memories, attitudes, prestige, resume ... just decipher some silly bits with your PKs."

I think this is the worst evil that human being has invented. It is worst than Uranium enrichment and nuclear bomb. It is worst than Wall Street and NSA even Worst than the invention of slavery.

Nothing is more threatening than a gigantic 'decentralized' chain of blocks of silly bits backed by a 'community'  that defines our identity.
And who invented this? Satoshi Nakamoto!

And Who deserves  being humiliated, denied and sentenced to be/remain dead, more than any other person in the world? Satoshi Nakamoto!

I think what has made Wright such a fragile broken person is the realization of this truth.
Dr. Craig  Frankenstein Wright has a right to collapse: His creature denies him, sentences him to just disappear forever.

You're so gullible...
legendary
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!
I have posted it before and I am surprised how you people read a lot of boring, worthless quotes and do not discuss some very canonical points I have declared here.

Craig Wright claimed to be satoshi.

It's reasonable to assume that satoshi, at some point, controlled the private key to the coinbase in the genesis block.

Those who are asking Craig to sign a message with that private key feel that this would be strong evidence to support his claim.

Craig either controls that key, or he doesn't. If he does, he can choose to sign a message or not.

Apparently you have some issue with asking someone who has made an extraordinary claim (after all, satoshi went to great lengths to hide his identity) to provide some rather ordinary evidence to back that claim.

We all know that controlling the private key to the coinbase in the genesis block is not a 100% guarantee that someone is satoshi (as you say, your assets do not define your identity), but it's better than any other "proof" that has been provided so far.

As for math is the devil... well... LOL.

Also, you say, "Your assets, do not define your identity". Then you go on to say that, "Nothing is more threatening than a gigantic 'decentralized' chain of blocks of silly bits backed by a 'community'  that defines our identity."

Well, which is it? You've contradicted yourself in some attempt to... I don't even know what.

Well, glad to see someone tries to understand though fails. You say " .. it is better than any other proof that has been provided so far ... " and by this, you confess to be a Blockchain Religion believer. No!!! it is nothing.
Possession of that keys ( as they can't be memorized by humans) is just a matter of ownership, physical ownership. This is it! They can be stolen, can be lost , .... In the real world it is totally a reverse case. You have to prove your identity and legitimacy of your ownership if you hold something in possession! Understand? Possession is a problem to be addressed to be legitimized!

In Dr. Wright's Case, he had to  convince people by:
1- Showing his absolute and deep knowledge and vision
2- Convincing people, trust worthy people, who know Satoshi better
3- Presenting his deep concerns and good intentions about the technology under consideration
5- Putting forward his new and solid ideas about the future
6- Reasoning about his disappearance
7- Justifying his decision to reveal his Identity

And I think he has almost done all of this!

Regarding your assertion about my contradiction: I Couldn't find any flaw there. I am just saying if this 'community' may succeed to make PKs as the proof of identity, it will be a nightmare for humanity. Because some 'Sky Net' will decide whether people exist or not and what is their identity if they even exist.

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
LoL what a clown.

Btw, Which university did he get his PhD from? They should open a case about him for speading bullshit. Yeah hide your identity for 8 years and then suddenly, decide to go public for no reason. That's just sounds like a thing Satoshi would do.

according to his long deleted linkedin profile (archive), he got it from Charles Sturt University. according to CSU, they never awarded wright with any PhD. yep.

Saw this posted somewhere today, its 4 days old though so it may not be new news... still everyone keeps saying this man is so smart, I'm just baffled, he seems like he is smart when he talks, all of his actions seem to speak otherwise.
https://medium.com/@jprichardson/did-satoshi-steal-my-blog-post-76a68cdda4f3
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
LoL what a clown.

Btw, Which university did he get his PhD from? They should open a case about him for speading bullshit. Yeah hide your identity for 8 years and then suddenly, decide to go public for no reason. That's just sounds like a thing Satoshi would do.

according to his long deleted linkedin profile (archive), he got it from Charles Sturt University. according to CSU, they never awarded wright with any PhD. yep.
legendary
Activity: 910
Amazing to me how unresponsable these media outlets are.  Zero fact checking.   They all just want to be the first to report satoshi is found without even checking to see if it's true.
No kidding. Especially BBC. They are(were) the most creditable news media outlet to me at least. So for them to relay a hoax like this is a black eye for them. They should offer a formal apology as a public announcement as well and more so to the bitcoin community who had to endure with this hack of a man.
legendary
I have posted it before and I am surprised how you people read a lot of boring, worthless quotes and do not discuss some very canonical points I have declared here.

Craig Wright claimed to be satoshi.

It's reasonable to assume that satoshi, at some point, controlled the private key to the coinbase in the genesis block.

Those who are asking Craig to sign a message with that private key feel that this would be strong evidence to support his claim.

Craig either controls that key, or he doesn't. If he does, he can choose to sign a message or not.

Apparently you have some issue with asking someone who has made an extraordinary claim (after all, satoshi went to great lengths to hide his identity) to provide some rather ordinary evidence to back that claim.

We all know that controlling the private key to the coinbase in the genesis block is not a 100% guarantee that someone is satoshi (as you say, your assets do not define your identity), but it's better than any other "proof" that has been provided so far.

As for math is the devil... well... LOL.

Also, you say, "Your assets, do not define your identity". Then you go on to say that, "Nothing is more threatening than a gigantic 'decentralized' chain of blocks of silly bits backed by a 'community'  that defines our identity."

Well, which is it? You've contradicted yourself in some attempt to... I don't even know what.
Pages:
Jump to: