Pages:
Author

Topic: Craig Wright relents aka Satoshi (air quotes) in Public Apology! - page 5. (Read 8965 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi
It is indeed very strange that he goes back so fast. It is for certain that this last message is by craight wright?

well, I certainly don't see him denying it. so yeah.

I was wondering why he tried to destroy Bitcoin in its first few stages by accessing private keys,unless of course they were his own.

can anyone elaborate on this? wtf does accessing private keys means?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
This makes me believe even more that he is not Satoshi.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
It is indeed very strange that he goes back so fast. It is for certain that this last message is by craight wright?
legendary
Activity: 2676
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com
I hope he moves some coins anyway. Just to add to the drama!

LOL That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Grin

Chris
Activity: 26
Merit: 3
I guess I have a few theories on that, if he actually did have personal knowledge, but nobody here seems to believe anything I say so I'm not going to waste my time saying them  Lips sealed  

Don't be so hard on yourself. I find your opinions much more stimulating than chopstick's.

I find it interesting that chopstick back-pedals from:

Am I completely off base here??

Yes, your whole post is delusionary speculative nonsense.

to:

You might be right about some things, but wrong about others.

Who knows, in the future he/she might even change it to:

I'm sorry. And goodbye.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
come back satoshi. please. please.

it's already dull around here, based on the past few days events
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
so who remembers that game show "To Tell the Truth"?

My name is Satoshi Nakamoto and I created Bitcoin!....

LMFAO!!
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
This seems odd.
Why would he attempt to do this and then back out quickly?
Hopefully he will change his mind or may be releasing information in stages.

I was wondering why he tried to destroy Bitcoin in its first few stages by accessing private keys,unless of course they were his own.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.

Yes, your whole post is delusionary speculative nonsense.

Gavin, Matonis, JVP, and Ian Griggs all genuinely believe Craig is Satoshi based on their personal experiences. They are not part of some grand plot to take over bitcoin.

Whether or not Craig is truly a fraud who tricked them all - that's another story, it seems to be true at the moment but more information may arise as time goes on.

Unfortunately I don't have access to their personal experiences. Anything they say on a personal level should also be speculation without Satoshi confirming these personal experiences. Without Satoshi around, they can say whatever they want as to what their personal experiences with Satoshi were. Satoshi is the other 50% of each of their personal experiences unless I am missing something??  I think this is what CW was banking on... everyone would just accept their personal experiences and their word without any real proof.... how did CW know about their personal experiences?   I guess I have a few theories on that, if he actually did have personal knowledge, but nobody here seems to believe anything I say so I'm not going to waste my time saying them  Lips sealed  

EDIT: In the end, personal experiences that happen online shouldn't be enough to convince them of anything, they are supposed to be the smart ones.
Activity: 534
Merit: 500
All this means is that Gavin got caught with his foot in his mouth! Shocked
Now he is certainly finished. Grin
legendary
Activity: 992

You might be right about some things, but wrong about others.

Gavin, Matonis, JVP, and Ian Griggs all genuinely believe Craig is Satoshi based on their personal experiences. They are not part of some grand plot to take over bitcoin.

Whether or not Craig is truly a fraud who tricked them all - that's another story, it seems to be true at the moment but more information may arise as time goes on.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
It's because he is not Satoshi Nakamoto, easy  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Lauda, I know Gavin and Matonis give you nightmares in your dreams but there is no reason to be upset with them. They saw proof in person that was clearly convincing, and furthermore his personality fit with who they thought was satoshi. As much as you'd love to turn this into a smearfest against Gavin, I'm afraid it just doesn't hold up to water. You can't get upset with someone for having a personal opinion.
Incorrect. Personally, I have nothing against either one of them. However, my argument stands: Either both have been conned quite easily (i.e. they are too naive) or they have both been part of that 'plan' and signed an NDA. We might never know. In any case, there was a high chance that Gavin would have given CW control over the project (if he could). At least that is what he said a few years back about Satoshi. I do not understand why you would let them off so easy (people who helped spread this unfortunate event)?

They should be held accountable.

I've posted it somewhere already but if you watch what CW says in some of his interviews, I don't understand how the connection could even be made between him and Satoshi, except for the fact he was around in the early bitcoin days, has a good chunk of coins (possibly), and knows a lot about cryptography, which Gavin himself has said he didn't think Satoshi was a cryptographer at all, but rather a brilliant programmer. CW describes himself as being a cryptographer most of his life. I also don't see Satoshi seeing the future of bitcoin as being able to track the can you've littered so your government can come tell you your being bad. https://vimeo.com/149035662

In all honesty, I was not on these forums during the time of Satoshi but I have read his posts and papers and tried to gauge a personality/character out of what he had put out to the public and this guy just didn't match in many ways for me so I was surprised to see so many, even old members, falling for this guy. Maybe his scripted/planned conversations with Gavin were centered around sounding like Satoshi or maybe it was just the support by Gavin, but this is no excuse.

I'm down to two options..... Gavin was either blinded by pure greed and willing to accept anything when someone was supporting his development ideas (speculation) or he was flat out involved in the planning of this nonsense. There is more evidence of the latter but not enough to be conclusive.

Ironically, if Satoshi did come back, I would not be surprised if he wanted to tarnish the reputation of Gavin.

Basically, bring it on.  Let's encourage Wikileaks to use Bitcoins and I'm willing to face any risk or fallout from that act.
No, don't "bring it on".

The project needs to grow gradually so the software can be strengthened along the way.

I make this appeal to WikiLeaks not to try to use Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is a small beta community in its infancy.  You would not stand to get more than pocket change, and the heat you would bring would likely destroy us at this stage.

What "heat" do you think Satoshi was referring to?   I would argue it was the same "heat" that Gavin decided to go do a presentation for back in June of 2011 which is why he disappeared after hearing about Gavin's decision. I get the feeling Satoshi was not happy with the attention that was coming from wikileaks, Gavin was the tipping point with the CIA, and he saw no way to correct it.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I wonder if there's anyone who still believes in Craig's story
Activity: 365
Merit: 251
apparently the email conversations Craig had with them were extremely convincing. That is something that is extremely difficult to fake - coming off as being the exact same person as they talked to 5 years ago, just as a general feeling.
I don't understand that part. The Satoshi era is before my time, but I have gone back and read some of his old posts here, and he came across to me as someone with a good command of the English language. Where-as Wright comes across as not very articulate in his blog. Does anyone else feel the same way?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
well thats a disappointment....

no, it is not.  Wink

In a way it is disappointing.
I also expected a bit more to happen before he disappears.
What shall I do with all the popcorn now which I had bought extra for this telenovela like events of the last few days? Cry
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
well thats a disappointment....

adam, if you are a fanboy of the clown you can read thru the stuff here.

https://archive.is/6DH8w

legendary
Activity: 1456
Dr. Craig

Please come back.

This was just so entertaining.

Perhaps the reveal of the gox trading account was the killer blow? Hmm. That was already known in December.

So, it doesn't matter.  Just come back, for a little while longer.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Guess everyone who said he wasn't Satoshi was right!
Pages:
Jump to: