Pages:
Author

Topic: CraPE v0.3 beta - Boot from USB - Win8 PE Based Mining OS - page 7. (Read 37404 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
"version with updated drivers for 280/290 GPUs and a x64 build for the CPU&GPU miners." bounty material indeed...

I think the 64 bit part is impossible with PE or so I read, but updated drivers, can't we just install them manually?
I haven't tested this yet, I'll try it tomorrow.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
I can't seem to run Teamviewer, for some reason.  It just won't start.
Can't get it to work either. I think VNC will work, but I haven't had much time to test it. I'm working 60hrs/week, plus another ~10 at the church, and then I need some family time.

I was actually kinda glad the forum went down for a while. Gave me a break haha!

Hi crazyates,

First thank you for sharing this great project with us.
I really appreciate.
I'm trying to get best results from my R9280X, but I can't with drivers that you integrated.
Can you please tell us how to integrate newer driver (13.12) in boot.wim
I already tried to this manually, with dism, ... but without success.

Thanks!

Yeah, I would like to see a version with updated drivers for 280/290 GPUs and a x64 build for the CPU&GPU miners.

Thanks for the work done.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
And i forgot to mention that adding multiminer would be a really valuable asset

Happy to assist if needed. The requirements are pretty light (.NET Framework 3.5).
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
And i forgot to mention that adding multiminer would be a really valuable asset
Bugs found on V0.3:

-If i update cgminer, i loose GPU support (i know its because its later than 3.7).
-7970 gpus are not working with cgminer, they crash inmediately (using same config file as for my windows 7 rig)
-why does it start asic/bitcoin miner if i only want litecoin? (yes, i know how to tweak the bat files)
-Cant run teamviewer on it, should come preinstalled (or either VNC)

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Smiley

BR
What can i do to start mining with 5770, 5870 cards?
legendary
Activity: 1008
You guys should know that instead of using the crappy ISO to USB tool that OP mentioned, you can just format the USB to FAT32 or NTFS, name the USB "WIN8PESE" and then just extract the files over Tongue
Pretty much faster and simpler.
Activity: 6
0.3 version did not work with LTC.

error -5: enqueueing kernel onto command queue. clEnqueueNDRangeKernel said, before I did not  have this error, but mine 10 percent capacity.
Ram is not the problem, I use 4GB but x86 only take 2.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I assume this is for 7xxx cards only? I have a rig of 5850's thats been giving me problems with BAMT. When booting CraPE it throws errors and doesnt mine. Looks like it doesnt even see the cards.
Is there anything specific I need to know about switching drivers in PE?
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I just found this, seems interesting...

Downloading now
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
It works great on a old Dell Inspiron 1200 with 1.2 GB  Smiley
The only problem I have is when I close the laptop and the screen goes off, I can't get the screen back on. 

So having Teamview would be great, tried VNC but can't get the server program to work  Cry
No biggy.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Ah thankyou Shacky for bumping this thread! I couldn't remember what it was called. Will be trying with my new system soon
Activity: 158
Hiii!

This OS can work with 6 x 7950?

Thanks for your answer!
legendary
Activity: 952
Can't get it to work either. I think VNC will work, but I haven't had much time to test it. I'm working 60hrs/week, plus another ~10 at the church, and then I need some family time.

I was actually kinda glad the forum went down for a while. Gave me a break haha!
Activity: 172
legendary
Installed V0.3.  Like the cleaner look of it.  However, found a few issues:

• 7970 cards can't go over 530kh/sec.  This needs to be fixed.
  • Could not use thread concurrency of 40960.  had to use 8192 to make it work for me.  even 20480 did not work.
  • Windows PE is only 32-bit.  Could not run MINERD 64bit SSE4 with Quark code in it.  Could you please make a 64bit version?
  • CGMiner-xtc.conf should contain "auto-gpu" : true, to start up with a quieter system. starting up at 80% is too noisy.

I think the problem with the low thread concurrency may be due to the system only being 32bits.  I would love to see CraPE in 64 bit mode so I can run 64 bit miners.

I replaced my 7970 GHz in my gaming rig with 2 7950s. Those are the only GPUs I have anymore, so testing for your setup is a little hard.

That said, I tested v0.3 with my 7970, and I could use TC of 21000 with no issues. I couldn't get above 550KH/s on my 7970, but I couldn't on Win7 or Win8 either. Now my 7950s can get 600KH/s each easy. Can you get higher than 530KH/s on another OS using the same GPU?

I can see how the 32-bit limitation is a factor for Altcoins that want to mine using a 64-bit CPU. I've started testing this out with a 32-bit PrimeCoin miner, but a 64-bit rebuild would be more time than what I have available.

And lastly, "Auto-gpu: true" has nothing to do with the fan speed, which I'm assuming you're talking about? This setting can potentially be bad for LTC mining, which is very particular to what core/memory ratios you're running.

Remember that you can edit those config files as you see fit, and the changes will remain, so you can adjust them and add whatever parameters you want for your setup.
Activity: 200
Installed V0.3.  Like the cleaner look of it.  However, found a few issues:

• 7970 cards can't go over 530kh/sec.  This needs to be fixed.
  • Could not use thread concurrency of 40960.  had to use 8192 to make it work for me.  even 20480 did not work.
  • Windows PE is only 32-bit.  Could not run MINERD 64bit SSE4 with Quark code in it.  Could you please make a 64bit version?
  • CGMiner-xtc.conf should contain "auto-gpu" : true, to start up with a quieter system. starting up at 80% is too noisy.

I think the problem with the low thread concurrency may be due to the system only being 32bits.  I would love to see CraPE in 64 bit mode so I can run 64 bit miners.
Activity: 200
v0.3 will fix this, include a workaround for keeping persistent network settings, and will include a few other programs, at the request of swiftshoot.
crazyates, any news regarding v0.3 ??
I've been adding features and making tweaks, rather than fixing things (tho I have made a few fixes). I've added a GPU BIOS flash utility. Added TRIXX for those that like to use it instead of MSI AB. I've tweaked my startup scripts to be more stable and prevent cgminer from starting before the network is up. I've added a CGMiner update process, which seems to be working fine. It updated to 3.3.2 just fine, and v0.3 will include the newest CGMiner. I'm still tweaking the network settings option, as I really want to be able to set a static IP and have it persistent across reboots. Once I do that, I think I'll package it and upload it.

V0.4 will focus on some sort of remote management. json.karasoft.com works awesome for monitoring cgminer thru the API, but i want some sort of remote desktop login. I'm thinking VNC is the only option that will work, at least with what prelim testing I've done.

RDP should work on CraPE.  Consider that option please... VNC would be the last option possible.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
v0.3 has a shortcut on the desktop to an update script that will download and install the newest CGMiner. You can just click on it, and it should work pretty seamlessly, but I was hoping other people would have a chance to try it and give me their feedback.

just tried it on my notebook (t6600, 4 gig) it updated to 3.4.3 fine.

one thing though, can you keep the old copy? it did say it was backing it up but I didnt see it anywhere, although I just giving it a quick test spin so looked fast.

this seems pretty slick, next step it to try it on an old vostro cast off from work. 5830 and 3 usb devices.

oh btw it found my wireless card and connected once I put the password in. and that was your stock 0.3 image  with no editing on anything, just loaded the ISO image, booted and poof, off it went Smiley
legendary
nice build

could you please add thightvnc and teamviewer? <--- or do I have to do it myself?
Including some sort of remote screen sharing is my goal for the next version, but I haven't had any time to work on it. I'm in the process of changing jobs, and it's been pretty busy.

Would it be possible to remove the USB after boot?
The system should still remain booted, but CGMiner is located on the USB drive itself, rather than the boot.wim that gets loaded into RAM.

I've always tested it with a USB, with the intent that CGMiner is stored on the USB drive's file system, rather than inside the compressed WinPE image, so that CGMiner can be updated as you go along. I suppose you could burn the ISO to a CD and boot it off that, or even theoretically boot from the ISO from a PXE server.
Pages:
Jump to: