Pages:
Author

Topic: CraPE v0.3 beta - Boot from USB - Win8 PE Based Mining OS - page 8. (Read 37404 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Would it be possible to remove the USB after boot?
eZc
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
nice build

could you please add thightvnc and teamviewer? <--- or do I have to do it myself?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
If you're still looking for remote monitoring options, perhaps you could create a separate, larger version with .NET 4.0 client profile and CGWatcher? Then you can use CGRemote, which when finished will give you the best control of remote miners. CGRemote works with CGWatcher or the miner directly (on all operating systems), but there is obviously significant additional features if you have CGWatcher running on your miners. Eventually I'd like to create small listener apps that will handle the remote commands the same as CGWatcher, but OS-independent and smaller as that's all they'll do, so that all miners can have full functionality (profiles, file explorer, variables, etc). That's pretty far down the ever-expanding to-do list though.

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgremote.html

CGRemote is Windows only, but for a community that spends $300 on a GPU without flinching, buying a $200 Windows laptop to be able to fully manage all of your miners anywhere you go shouldn't be a problem... if they don't already have one, that is.

I'll add you to the beta if you're interested.

Actually, I've been eying CGRemote, but it hasn't been released yet, so I wasn't pursuing it. If you can hook me up with the beta so I can include the full release in v0.4, that would be great!
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
If you're still looking for remote monitoring options, perhaps you could create a separate, larger version with .NET 4.0 client profile and CGWatcher? Then you can use CGRemote, which when finished will give you the best control of remote miners. CGRemote works with CGWatcher or the miner directly (on all operating systems), but there is obviously significant additional features if you have CGWatcher running on your miners. Eventually I'd like to create small listener apps that will handle the remote commands the same as CGWatcher, but OS-independent and smaller as that's all they'll do, so that all miners can have full functionality (profiles, file explorer, variables, etc). That's pretty far down the ever-expanding to-do list though.

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgremote.html

CGRemote is Windows only, but for a community that spends $300 on a GPU without flinching, buying a $200 Windows laptop to be able to fully manage all of your miners anywhere you go shouldn't be a problem... if they don't already have one, that is.

I'll add you to the beta if you're interested.
legendary
this may be good idea. however windows is now treated as damned. better to provide Linux version to follow up.
Advantages?
  • Compared to most Linux based Mining Distros, can be used to undervolt GPUs.

If 2 setups require minimal configuration, both provide similar results, but one adds more functionality, why would you choose the other? I love Linux and it's versatility/configurability, but there are some things Windows does better.
Activity: 462
Firing it up
this may be good idea. however windows is now treated as damned. better to provide Linux version to follow up.
legendary
Anyone want to try the update script and give me some feedback on how well it works? CGMiner 3.4.1 is now out. Thanks!  Smiley
you mean the 0.4?? or the current 0.3 ??
v0.3 has a shortcut on the desktop to an update script that will download and install the newest CGMiner. You can just click on it, and it should work pretty seamlessly, but I was hoping other people would have a chance to try it and give me their feedback.
Activity: 282
Anyone want to try the update script and give me some feedback on how well it works? CGMiner 3.4.1 is now out. Thanks!  Smiley
you mean the 0.4?? or the current 0.3 ??
legendary
legendary
I know, I know. I'm really REALLY slow at getting these updates out. Really I just do this as a fun lil side project, just to prove to myself that I can.

v0.3 is uploaded. See the first post for download link. I've switched to Google Drive rather than Dropbox because I can upload it all in one file rather than 2, so hopefully it downloads just as fast.

Some changes:

• Much improved the startup scripts, and now it won't even try to mine unless there's a stable internet connection. If no internet connection is found, it will wait for one.
  • Included a script to update CGMiner. The link is on the desktop. You just have to click on the link, and it will take care of everything else. No need to even close CGMiner. Bam. No hassle.
  • Network settings can now be saved, at least for wired networks. Directions are in the first post, but they're not hard.
  • Added AMU Block Erupter drivers. Tested and working just fine.
  • Added Sapphire TRIXX for those who want to use it, and ATIWINFLASH for flashing a GPU BIOS.

Next on my list is to look into a remote management setup. I'd love to be able to access a machine from anywhere. Reboot, update CGMiner, etc.

I also want to put the CGMiner update process as an automated procedure, possible anytime it boots up. Anyone opposed to the idea?
legendary
Great work on this mining USB!

Sorry about the noob question, but is it possible to install flash or other software in case i would let my miner rest for a few hours and use the gear as mediaplayer?
Portable Apps works quite well on here, and can be used to install Chrome (which works with YouTube) or VLC (media player) or any number of other softwares. While it's still possible, this lil project of mine is really focused on mining, and nothing else.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Great work on this mining USB!

Sorry about the noob question, but is it possible to install flash or other software in case i would let my miner rest for a few hours and use the gear as mediaplayer?

legendary
v0.3 will fix this, include a workaround for keeping persistent network settings, and will include a few other programs, at the request of swiftshoot.
crazyates, any news regarding v0.3 ??
I've been adding features and making tweaks, rather than fixing things (tho I have made a few fixes). I've added a GPU BIOS flash utility. Added TRIXX for those that like to use it instead of MSI AB. I've tweaked my startup scripts to be more stable and prevent cgminer from starting before the network is up. I've added a CGMiner update process, which seems to be working fine. It updated to 3.3.2 just fine, and v0.3 will include the newest CGMiner. I'm still tweaking the network settings option, as I really want to be able to set a static IP and have it persistent across reboots. Once I do that, I think I'll package it and upload it.

V0.4 will focus on some sort of remote management. json.karasoft.com works awesome for monitoring cgminer thru the API, but i want some sort of remote desktop login. I'm thinking VNC is the only option that will work, at least with what prelim testing I've done.
Activity: 282
v0.3 will fix this, include a workaround for keeping persistent network settings, and will include a few other programs, at the request of swiftshoot.
crazyates, any news regarding v0.3 ??
Activity: 4
ok, I guess I dont know what Im doing it wrong because I have no gpu activity. Here akbash log http://pastebin.com/SzS1nJKb
Im testing CraPE with a small rig, just with a amd 5830, no usb, no fpga, no nothing.
If I load cgminer with btc.conf everything is good!
But if I use ltc.conf I get this:
Code:
Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue.(clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
GPU 0 failure,disabling!
legendary
Some vendor Specifics would be preferable... Gigabyte, MSI, Sapphire, Asus and ATIFlash.
Additionally, adding the Corsair Link software would be sweet for the next build.  It is the Power management software for the Intelligent Digital PSUs they have.  It will allow us to know the true Watts the system is using.  It connects via USB.
So I downloaded and took at look at all of the GPU BIOS utilities. ASUS and Gigabyte utilities are just skins for ATIwinflash. MSI won't work, and I'll try Sapphire Trixx when my last GPU gets back from RMA. It's not a Sapphire, but it should tell me if it at least works.

Corsair Link is a no-go. As I said before, no .Net applications will work unless we install the runtimes, which would easily double or triple the size of the ISO. And in the case of this particular software, it's a very niche market. Not a lot of people are using that exact PSU, I suspect.
legendary
Ya I just took at look at it. Akbash and the LTC config are working just fine. CGMiner-nogpu and the BTC config are working just fine. However, it seems I mislabeled the desktop icons. Woops. "CGMiner LTC" launches CGMiner-nogpu with the BTC config, and "CGMiner BTC" launches AKbash with the LTC config. These should be swapped, and I'll fix it for v0.3.

In the mean time, the startup version should still work, and will launch both anyways. You can always launch them backwards if you want to do it manually, in the mean time.

I tested first version and had no problems. Now I dont know why, but cant make it work.

CGMiner LTC is loading cgminer-btc.conf (guess shortcut its wrong) and I think akbash is not loading gpu and usb miners.

Post your akbash config file.  Check that log file path and cgminer shortcut exist.  Shortcut should start by double clicking on it.
If it does not, check its properties and run cgminer from the command line.

Run akbash from the command line it should tell you what is wrong.

all default settings except BTC and LTC cfg.
cgminer shortcut exists (X/portableapps)

I will try reboot and post clean log file from start.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
I tested first version and had no problems. Now I dont know why, but cant make it work.

CGMiner LTC is loading cgminer-btc.conf (guess shortcut its wrong) and I think akbash is not loading gpu and usb miners.

Post your akbash config file.  Check that log file path and cgminer shortcut exist.  Shortcut should start by double clicking on it.
If it does not, check its properties and run cgminer from the command line.

Run akbash from the command line it should tell you what is wrong.

Pages:
Jump to: