Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say - page 25. (Read 31191 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !
^
i've seen all of that  Shocked

oh and btw. the only capacity that is gonna be important is intelligence, body strength will be a thing of the past when we have working exo skellets or biological engineering. (to be honest it is already for a great part a thing of the past, just look at the machines we use today)

Your little inventions are not for now, so why changing the present about a future event which is currently a pure speculation ? Yeah, now we use chainsaw instead of handsaw, but this still need a lot of strenght to accomplish a tree harvesting job.

Roll Eyes

Let me google this for you

You talked me about exoskeletons or biological engineering, that's just a machine, that surely cost a lot of money, so as soon as it will cost no more than 10 000€, my statement is still good.
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
^

oh and btw. the only capacity that is gonna be important is intelligence, body strength will be a thing of the past when we have working exo skellets or biological engineering. (to be honest it is already for a great part a thing of the past, just look at the machines we use today)

Your little inventions are not for now, so why changing the present about a future event which is currently a pure speculation ? Yeah, now we use chainsaw instead of handsaw, but this still need a lot of strenght to accomplish a tree harvesting job.

Roll Eyes

AHAHAHAH!!! xD

Never saw this website before! That's fucking cool!!! That's horrible how it destroys one's ego but that's freaking cool xD
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Generally speaking men and women are not the same. That's how we evolved.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Not all women are as weak as you want them to be.

Not all women... but, where do you draw the line?

My Sr. Drill Instructor in Boot Camp would regale us with stories about working as an aircraft mechanic...

Part of the job entailed hauling around a 70-lb workbench to fix the planes... (you can probably see where this is going already)

There was only one woman in his unit... she was great at fixing planes, but could not move the workbench herself... all the men could carry it solo, but she always required help from a man... just to do her job... that all the men could do without help...

Being the military, she got paid the same as the men, regardless of the work she could perform...

In the real world, I feel a woman should get paid the same as a man, only if she can do the same quality and quantity of work that a man does... the real world only cares about results

If the requirement for the job was to carry 70lb workbench and she could not do it by herself, she should never have passed the basic training.  If the physical fitness test did not include testing this, well that is the problem with testing and recruitment.

You know how they score physical fitness test based on sex and age, well that is just wrong.  There should be one scale for everybody.  Regardless of age or sex.  For example: to get a full score, you do 60 push ups regardless of age, male or female.

She should have been discharged.  She could not do her job.  I'm sure they could find many other women who can carry 100lb on their backs, back and forth all day long.

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

Not all women... but, where do you draw the line?

My Sr. Drill Instructor in Boot Camp would regale us with stories about working as an aircraft mechanic...

Part of the job entailed hauling around a 70-lb workbench to fix the planes... (you can probably see where this is going already)

There was only one woman in his unit... she was great at fixing planes, but could not move the workbench herself... all the men could carry it solo, but she always required help from a man... just to do her job... that all the men could do without help...

Being the military, she got paid the same as the men, regardless of the work she could perform...

In the real world, I feel a woman should get paid the same as a man, only if she can do the same quality and quantity of work that a man does... the real world only cares about results
legendary
^

Woman was a supervisor of the framing crew that build my new house.  And trust me you'd not want to fuck with her.  Strong as a bull.

Other guys on her team listen to her as she had more experience.  Very friendly gal.

Stereotypes are just that: stereotypes.  Youtube women lumberjacks if you don't think they exist.

You want to see a woman firing .50 cal revolver with one hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUP4Ac_bb8&ebc=ANyPxKogFhvJfnmHgga30pOcYC_g2o-iRxP-NgnlToZp3_6Prl00u8oiIZX3YFPVczo7WktrrdNeZ0ONSraAnXWRIvTP6eJLiw

If you have ever fired 0.50 cal handgun, you know what it takes to control this caliber.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
^

Roll Eyes

Gloire à la Victoire !
^

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
^

Gloire à la Victoire !
Is it about laziness?
If atheism is a religion, could laziness be one as well?
BAD Decker - you have the floor. Hit it.

If laziness is a religion then I can become an adept xD

Anyway none of the dumbasses here have ever answered to the original questions. They still never explained why the Earth is flat and square in the Bible...

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1, day 2)

Ahah, didn't know that. It's a good way to end any logical discussion xD

"God separated the waters above (sky) the firmament (land), from the waters below (oceans) the firmament"

From what are made clouds Roll Eyes ? Also, there is some water in every bit of air, so I don't think that this statement is false (you see, I don't come and just say : "that's in the Bible so that's true !" Wink).

So he made the space from water? Damn it's a shame space is empty nah? ^^

Why do you say that space is empty ? Also, why do you just mention the space. We're talking about the Earth's sky, everything what is above the land and under the ozone.

Because God calls the waters of the sky, "heaven"... ... that's not air, that's a bit higher up, right?...

Actually, Where is heaven?  We've looked up... it's not there... we searched the entire universe and cant seem to find this heaven anywhere...

In the early days of Christianity, heaven simply meant the sky... but... heaven is definitely not in the sky... its not floating on clouds, etc

There's some things that the humans can't see, and Heaven is one of them. That's like the souls of damned people which are blocked on Earth.

Ok so it exists but we can't see or feel it?
Same goes for the soul?

Yes, that's part of another world, God's kingdom, where the men who followed a good life go. It's everwhere but it's nowhere at the same time.

Practical.
But why wasn't it written in the Bible?

That come from the common sense. This is like "women aren't equal to men". Everyone should know that if they were correctly educated.

Ahahah xD

Just hope it's humour. If it is, it's damn funny! If it is not... Well shame on your education but it's still funny xD

That's half humour. When I meant not equel, I meant that they don't have the same role. Would you look a women that pass all her days in the pub, that smoke big cigars, that live alone in the woods and that hunt as a normal woman ? I doubt it, and that's a part of the humanity to know what task involve to whom.

Why would you even have to ask?  What makes you think we "suppose to have different roles"?  Roles defined in the Bible perhaps (written by men).

Who cares?  Women are more important than men from a specie survival perspective.  You just need few men to produce enough sperm for thousands of women.  Women produce offspring.  What do men do?

Invent religions and start wars?

No I agree with him here. Men and women are different and have different roles.

Just natural selection. A woman taking care of her man and her children will have more chance to have lots of children and thus her genes will be passed upon next generation. it's just bare natural selection.

Doesn't mean they have to stay home of course ^^
But they're not the one who shall take and bare the risks in a couple for example, and that won't change IMHO

We are biologically different, yes.  As a result we play different roles in procreation.

Roles (take care or children, smoke cigars, hunt, wage wars) he is talking about are assigned by culture and religion.  There are no inherent, innate roles that women must follow.  Roles are imposed by men with guns.  

I have male friends who take care of their children while their women chase the next research grant for their hospitals.  My wife takes care of our children, not because that is her "assigned by God" role, but because she is better that task.  I suck at it.  I can barely take care of myself.

You are going to refuse women framers to frame your house just because they are women?  Or operate on you just because they are women? Women can kill and process deer as well as a men.  I have personally met such women.  

If you ask, who is more predisposed to do the killing, then yes there is strong evidence that men have been more willing to kill other animals (including humans).  Women tend to value life more.

We'll look at a new aspect : the capacity

This is commonly accepted than men are stronger than women. Some jobs require very high level of strenght, which close it to women. As for me, I've never seen a home-builder woman, or a tree harvester woman. This require a lot of strenght, that near all the time women don't have. Also, testosterones play a role in some jobs, like the army, where a man soldier would be more efficient because he will be more aggressive.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529

Just natural selection. A woman taking care of her man and her children will have more chance to have lots of children and thus her genes will be passed upon next generation. it's just bare natural selection.

But they're not the one who shall take and bare the risks in a couple for example, and that won't change IMHO

We are biologically different, yes.  As a result we play different roles in procreation.

Roles (take care or children, smoke cigars, hunt, wage wars) he is talking about are assigned by culture and religion.  There are no inherent, innate roles that women must follow.  Roles are imposed by men with guns.  

I have male friends who take care of their children while their women chase the next research grant for their hospitals.  My wife takes care of our children, not because that is her "assigned by God" role, but because he is better that task.  I suck at it.  I can barely take care of myself.

You are going to refuse women framers to frame your house just because they are women?  Or operate on you just because they are women? Women can kill and process deer as well as a men.  I have personally met such women.  

If you ask, who is more predisposed to do the killing, then yes there is strong evidence that men have been more willing to kill other animals (including humans).  Women tend to value life more.

Wow wow wow calm down not what I said ^^
Just that biology is here: one man can fertilize 10 women, not the contrary. It means women are more precious than men. It means they will naturally take less risk.
It means they'll do less dangerous jobs, less stressful jobs, less army and things like that.

But it's a statistical view. It doesn't mean they can't, just that I'm sure, on a statistical average, they'll do less risky and dangerous things. That's all.
legendary
Is it about laziness?

Anyway none of the dumbasses here have ever answered to the original questions. They still never explained why the Earth is flat and square in the Bible...

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1, day 2)

"God separated the waters above (sky) the firmament (land), from the waters below (oceans) the firmament"

From what are made clouds Roll Eyes ? Also, there is some water in every bit of air, so I don't think that this statement is false (you see, I don't come and just say : "that's in the Bible so that's true !" Wink).

Why do you say that space is empty ? Also, why do you just mention the space. We're talking about the Earth's sky, everything what is above the land and under the ozone.

Because God calls the waters of the sky, "heaven"... ... that's not air, that's a bit higher up, right?...

Actually, Where is heaven?  We've looked up... it's not there... we searched the entire universe and cant seem to find this heaven anywhere...

In the early days of Christianity, heaven simply meant the sky... but... heaven is definitely not in the sky... its not floating on clouds, etc

There's some things that the humans can't see, and Heaven is one of them. That's like the souls of damned people which are blocked on Earth.

Same goes for the soul?

Yes, that's part of another world, God's kingdom, where the men who followed a good life go. It's everwhere but it's nowhere at the same time.

Practical.

That come from the common sense. This is like "women aren't equal to men". Everyone should know that if they were correctly educated.

Ahahah xD

Just hope it's humour. If it is, it's damn funny! If it is not... Well shame on your education but it's still funny xD

That's half humour. When I meant not equel, I meant that they don't have the same role. Would you look a women that pass all her days in the pub, that smoke big cigars, that live alone in the woods and that hunt as a normal woman ? I doubt it, and that's a part of the humanity to know what task involve to whom.

Why would you even have to ask?  What makes you think we "suppose to have different roles"?  Roles defined in the Bible perhaps (written by men).

Who cares?  Women are more important than men from a specie survival perspective.  You just need few men to produce enough sperm for thousands of women.  Women produce offspring.  What do men do?

I have male friends who take care of their children while their women chase the next research grant for their hospitals.  My wife takes care of our children, not because that is her "assigned by God" role, but because she is better that task.  I suck at it.  I can barely take care of myself.

Why would you even have to ask?  What makes you think we "suppose to have different roles"?  Roles defined in the Bible perhaps (written by men).

Who cares?  Women are more important than men from a specie survival perspective.  You just need few men to produce enough sperm for thousands of women.  Women produce offspring.  What do men do?

Different physical and biological characteristics used to make people think "we suppose to have different roles". Quite rightly by the way. Of course some of these roles are "outdated" today but in many cases one sex is still better suited for a given task than the other (same thing applies to gender as well).

With too few man we would have too little genetic diversity for a while.

Well after maybe in 1 000 years we'll have nearly one gender, both sex having mixed together!

But right now we still have strong biological differencies for sure!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Why would you even have to ask?  What makes you think we "suppose to have different roles"?  Roles defined in the Bible perhaps (written by men).

Who cares?  Women are more important than men from a specie survival perspective.  You just need few men to produce enough sperm for thousands of women.  Women produce offspring.  What do men do?

Different physical and biological characteristics used to make people think "we suppose to have different roles". Quite rightly by the way. Of course some of these roles are "outdated" today but in many cases one sex is still better suited for a given task than the other (same thing applies to gender as well).

With too few man we would have too little genetic diversity for a while.
Is it about laziness?

Same goes for the soul?

Practical.

Ahahah xD

legendary
Is it about laziness?

Same goes for the soul?

Practical.

Ahahah xD

Gloire à la Victoire !
Is it about laziness?

Same goes for the soul?

Practical.

Ahahah xD

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Is it about laziness?

Same goes for the soul?

Practical.

Ahahah xD

legendary
These two clips are really disturbing.  Some Christians are really fucked up.  Or it is just a bad theatrical production.  Either way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJPum_LsFig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKCSwwens88

legendary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlpAW848BCA

Solving murder, Bible style...Deuteronomy 21
Pages:
Jump to: