Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say - page 27. (Read 31191 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Is it about laziness?
If atheism is a religion, could laziness be one as well?
BAD Decker - you have the floor. Hit it.

If laziness is a religion then I can become an adept xD

Anyway none of the dumbasses here have ever answered to the original questions. They still never explained why the Earth is flat and square in the Bible...

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1)

Ahah, didn't know that. It's a good way to end any logical discussion xD

"God separated the waters above (sky) the firmament (land), from the waters below (oceans) the firmament"

Can you blame him?  He lived during Bronze Age, he knew what people at that time knew, which is jack squat.  

I don't understand why God had to separate the water from the water on day 2... Couldn't he have just left all the water, skipped ahead a few chapters, and began Genesis with Noah and the flood story?

I'm not saying the talking snake and magic apple aren't cool, but the story doesn't really get good until God murders the entire planet

Which means God made a mistake by trusting humans in fact Wink

If God would have just listened to my advice, and started with Noah, nobody would even know he screwed up the first batch of humans...

Yeah or he could just haven't say it, why saying it in the Bible? ^^
Is it about laziness?

Anyway none of the dumbasses here have ever answered to the original questions. They still never explained why the Earth is flat and square in the Bible...

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1, day 2)

"God separated the waters above (sky) the firmament (land), from the waters below (oceans) the firmament"

From what are made clouds Roll Eyes ? Also, there is some water in every bit of air, so I don't think that this statement is false (you see, I don't come and just say : "that's in the Bible so that's true !" Wink).

So he made the space from water? Damn it's a shame space is empty nah? ^^
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !
Is it about laziness?

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1, day 2)

From what are made clouds Roll Eyes ? Also, there is some water in every bit of air, so I don't think that this statement is false (you see, I don't come and just say : "that's in the Bible so that's true !" Wink).
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
Is it about laziness?

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1)

Can you blame him?  He lived during Bronze Age, he knew what people at that time knew, which is jack squat.  

I don't understand why God had to separate the water from the water on day 2... Couldn't he have just left all the water, skipped ahead a few chapters, and began Genesis with Noah and the flood story?

I'm not saying the talking snake and magic apple aren't cool, but the story doesn't really get good until God murders the entire planet

If God would have just listened to my advice, and started with Noah, nobody would even know he screwed up the first batch of humans...
Activity: 392
Is it about laziness?

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
at least that's the story depicted in the book.
the story doesn't really get good until God murders the entire planet

That's sad and funny at the same time.

You just summarized the entire bible

Yeah but consequences are more sad than funny Wink

You just summarized the entire bible
Activity: 350

Is it about laziness?

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Is it about laziness?

"God separated the waters above the firmament (land) from the waters below the firmament"

If by the waters above the firmament... God meant, "the vacuum of space"... ...

Can you blame him?  He lived during Bronze Age, he knew what people at that time knew, which is jack squat. 

Is it about laziness?

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
Is it about laziness?

Is it about laziness?

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
Is it about laziness?

Activity: 308
Merit: 292
Is it about laziness?
legendary

What I have problem is with people who try to tell me black is white.

But you don't mind telling everyone else that black is white.

Just like this guy saying "It says flat" and then posting quotes that don't say anything like that.

You can keep telling yourself that black is white, but don't expect me to agree.

Fuck, you are not getting it.

Take the Psalm 137:9 verse as an example.  

Tell me when is it ok to smash babies against the rocks?

You are ignorant of the Bible, so I'll go easy on you, but

When is it ok to kill gays?
When is it ok to own other human being?
When is it ok to kill someone because they worked on Sabbath?

I really would like to know, how can you rationalize the above?

Forget the crazy shit on page one, the creation story.  I hope you don't believe world was created in 6 days.  I'm assuming all Christians rationalize that one as a metaphor.  

It is ok to smash babies against the rocks if they come from an adultery of your wife.

Yes, it is fully ok to kill gays.
It is ok to own other humans when they commited a sin, or if their race make that they suit to this usage.
I don't know about working on Sabbath, please give us the full quote and I'll be able to help you understand the Truth Smiley.

Now, that is good stuff.  Finally, we have one true Christian who is not afraid to speak the truth.

Here is the verse about working on Sabbath.  Go:

Exodus 31:14-15New International Version (NIV)
14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

This can be interprated two ways :

-Litteraly :

You have to kill him. However, there's two problems at this : you shall not kill, and you shall forgive.

-Metaphoricaly :

Everyone who works on Sabbath won't go to the Paradise. And thus will die for the eternity. That's how I interpret it after a quick reading.

Also, don't remember that most of the sins can be "washed". If someone prays to the Lord this day, I don't think that working from times to times on Sabbath is that awful.

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?
I'm guessing you are getting paid double for working on the weekend?

I never worked on Sunday, and I never plan to, even for an increase of salary. I never called myself a true Christian. I even consider that I'm really bad one.

You are a bad one??

Wow, I cannot even imagine what a good Christian is capable of doing.

Anyway, take care, just go easy on that babies and gays killing thing.
Activity: 392

Just like this guy saying "It says flat" and then posting quotes that don't say anything like that.

You can keep telling yourself that black is white, but don't expect me to agree.

Forget the crazy shit on page one, the creation story.  I hope you don't believe world was created in 6 days.  I'm assuming all Christians rationalize that one as a metaphor.  

It is ok to smash babies against the rocks if they come from an adultery of your wife.

It is ok to own other humans when they commited a sin, or if their race make that they suit to this usage.
I don't know about working on Sabbath, please give us the full quote and I'll be able to help you understand the Truth Smiley.

Now, that is good stuff.  Finally, we have one true Christian who is not afraid to speak the truth.

14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

-Litteraly :

You have to kill him. However, there's two problems at this : you shall not kill, and you shall forgive.

-Metaphoricaly :

Everyone who works on Sabbath won't go to the Paradise. And thus will die for the eternity. That's how I interpret it after a quick reading.

Also, don't remember that most of the sins can be "washed". If someone prays to the Lord this day, I don't think that working from times to times on Sabbath is that awful.

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?

Yeah but no but yes but no but it depends and LOOK OUT: GOD IS TALKING!!!

*flee the truth*
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !

-Litteraly :

-Metaphoricaly :

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?

I never worked on Sunday, and I never plan to, even for an increase of salary. I never called myself a true Christian. I even consider that I'm really bad one.
legendary

Kirk Cameron tells us how humans were created Smiley Sit down on the floor, for safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIYp83gDt0
Pages:
Jump to: