Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 17. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

Guys, Credits is now in 2nd place. Ratecoin is currently in the lead. Help get Credit back to first!  Shocked
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
What is the targeted block time?

In the OP, it says 15 min.

In http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=510
It says:
The target time for block creation is 10 minutes. This means that 20 000 blocks are approximately equal to 4.7 months.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Thanks for all the efforts. Please release it after through test. There is no need to rush.
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Coming release update, preliminary improvements report

The coming release will, among other things address speed, disk usage, and stability. Current improvements where just merged to Github:
https://github.com/credits-currency/credits/pull/28

Short summary of the effects of the improvements:
As compared to the latest version .60, it is 3-4 times faster parsing blocks, and has a disk footprint that is more than 50% smaller.
As compared to the version where no disk optimisations had been done, 0.52, it is about 3 times faster, and has a disk footprint that is only 25% of the original disk usage.

Tests are ongoing on mainnet, but even larger gains are expected there. Target are a disk footprint of 4 GB, and about twice the parsing (syncing) speed than before.

The following table summaries time to make a reindex, which is very similar to block parsing performance, and the space used on disk. The table show values for version .52, .60 and the coming version .70.

Version.52.60.70
Time to reindex72 min82 min24 min
Disk usage after reindex3.31 GB1.4 GB0.91 GB

This coming release is a MAJOR update, and should be tested carefully before a full conversion is done. Most important, as ever, is to make several backup copies of credits_wallet.dat before any upgrades are done!
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
looking to buy some credits pm me

Sent you a PM, you can also buy at any time from creditsdice.com!
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
looking to buy some credits pm me
There is a file called "deposit_wallet.dat", what is the use of that file? Is that important?

Short answer, no, it is not necessary to make any backups of it.

Long answer:
It has two purposes, one of them only if credits_wallet.dat is encrypted:
1. It is used to store deposits that is prepared from the Prepare deposits page. Those deposits are only prepared locally and included in a block first when a block is found when mining.
2. It is used to store the coinbase tx output key IF AND ONLY IF the coinbase tx is used directly as a deposit tx AND the credits_wallet.dat is encrypted. Since the deposit tx will spend the output from the coinbase tx, this key will not have any use afterwards, so it is safe to throw away the deposit_wallet.dat file. As mentioned, this is an optional usage, it happens only if credits_wallet.dat is encrypted.

Some times, when I close the wallet, it will take for ever for the "wallet warning window" (warns me not to shut down the Windows while exiting) to disappear or not disappear at all. I have to end the process with Windows task manager.

Hmm, that does not sound good. Have you looked in debug.log when that happens, to see if the wallet is working on something before shutdown?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Credits now in second place in C-Cex voting list!

Plan is to get the top spot in the voting system, for exchange inclusion this voting round OR the next round, in a week. It is possibly better to wait for the new release to be done, before C-Cex includes the coin.

Go to C-Cex and vote if you haven't done it already!

Should be first now.. I bumped us up a bit.

Hoping that CRE hits exchange. Cheesy
Activity: 462
There is a file called "deposit_wallet.dat", what is the use of that file? Is that important?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Some times, when I close the wallet, it will take for ever for the "wallet warning window" (warns me not to shut down the Windows while exiting) to disappear or not disappear at all. I have to end the process with Windows task manager.
Will there be a new release of the wallet?

Yes, a new release, with improvements in the areas speed, disk usage and stability is in the preparation phase. More info to come later today!
Activity: 406
Will there be a new release of the wallet?
Credits now in second place in C-Cex voting list!

Plan is to get the top spot in the voting system, for exchange inclusion this voting round OR the next round, in a week. It is possibly better to wait for the new release to be done, before C-Cex includes the coin.

Go to C-Cex and vote if you haven't done it already!
Credits added to C-Cex exchange voting list! Cast your vote or add some Bitcoin votes!

Credits has just been added to the C-Cex voting list. Join and cast a vote for Credits (CRE)!

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote. Search for Credits (CRE) in the list.

Feel free to add Bitcoin votes by sending a deposit to the address listed.

Awesome! I'll definitely vote and get us a bit higher!
Credits added to C-Cex exchange voting list! Cast your vote or add some Bitcoin votes!

Credits has just been added to the C-Cex voting list. Join and cast a vote for Credits (CRE)!

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote. Search for Credits (CRE) in the list.

Feel free to add Bitcoin votes by sending a deposit to the address listed.

There is a fork of bitcoin today.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blockchain-split-of-4-july-2015-1108304

Will that affect us?

Do we plan to upgrade 0.10 soon?

Spontaneous answer, no. But I'll dig some deeper into it to see what the ramifications for us are.

Will that affect us?

Hmm, seeing the effects of that, I assume gabriel will make it a top priority to push out the newest update which includes the newest version of the bitcoin core Smiley
Activity: 434

Will that affect us?

What is the price of Credits in the dice site?

It shows on the top right info box, but there's been a couple buys and sells and price is showing 0.001038 BTC/CRE
Pages:
Jump to: