Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 19. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
Well you can scratch 5000 credits from the total amount of coins.    I had a meltdown on one of my mining rigs.  No backup.  I know stupid things happen.  Still have the wallet file.  Have spent two days trying to recover using pywallet.  I'll send the wallet file if anyone wants to try to recover.  You can have half.  Let that be another lesson to backup your wallet.  

If you think you can recover the wallet let me know.  I've tried every option available.  

You've tried every option available? But, you have the credits_wallet.dat?

If you wanted to send me the file, or post a link to it here, I could try as well. The more minds the better!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Well you can scratch 5000 credits from the total amount of coins.    I had a meltdown on one of my mining rigs.  No backup.  I know stupid things happen.  Still have the wallet file.  Have spent two days trying to recover using pywallet.  I'll send the wallet file if anyone wants to try to recover.  You can have half.  Let that be another lesson to backup your wallet. 

If you think you can recover the wallet let me know.  I've tried every option available. 
Activity: 406
0% fee is not sustainable. A small fee like 0.1% or 0.01% is better.
Some info on development and an overview roadmap

A big effort on improving the client on several key areas is currently ongoing. These key areas are:
- Reduced disk footprint
- Speed improvements, blockchain parsing and indexing
- Stability
The development has come quite far and bug testing is ongoing. I will not give any figures here but substantial further savings in all areas can be expected. Watch this space for more info.

Once this next release is out the following areas will be addressed, in the order listed:

1. Decentralised exchange, built into the client. After investigations I've come to the conclusion that Credits is extremely well suited for implementing so called atomic swapping, which will enable a built in, decentralised exchange, directly within the wallet and with no middle man.

2. Pool integration and improved deposit functionality. This has two purposes, apart from getting pooled mining in place. The first is to automate the deposit process once deposits are larger than the reward. The second is enabling miner and depositor collaboration.

3. Integrating newer Bitcoin functionality into Credits. We are currently a few versions behind and it is quite important to get improvements that have been done to the Bitcoin codebase into Credits as well.

More info to come in the following days.

0% Fee decentralized exchange eh.. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you this time Wink When it gets implemented, I think it's safe to say Credits is the most innovative coin currently in existence... Truly impressive.

Side note, using the newer version of the bitcoin core would be welcomed, to avoid seeing "this version is obsolete" constantly xD
Good work man
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Some info on development and an overview roadmap

A big effort on improving the client on several key areas is currently ongoing. These key areas are:
- Reduced disk footprint
- Speed improvements, blockchain parsing and indexing
- Stability
The development has come quite far and bug testing is ongoing. I will not give any figures here but substantial further savings in all areas can be expected. Watch this space for more info.

Once this next release is out the following areas will be addressed, in the order listed:

1. Decentralised exchange, built into the client. After investigations I've come to the conclusion that Credits is extremely well suited for implementing so called atomic swapping, which will enable a built in, decentralised exchange, directly within the wallet and with no middle man.

2. Pool integration and improved deposit functionality. This has two purposes, apart from getting pooled mining in place. The first is to automate the deposit process once deposits are larger than the reward. The second is enabling miner and depositor collaboration.

3. Integrating newer Bitcoin functionality into Credits. We are currently a few versions behind and it is quite important to get improvements that have been done to the Bitcoin codebase into Credits as well.

More info to come in the following days.
UPDATE:

There now exists a method to BUY CRE WITH BTC and SELL CRE FOR BTC!

CreditsDice.com now has an option to deposit Bitcoin, mixing the BTC into CRE at the given price listed on the front page. You can also withdraw Bitcoin, which is processed at the highest "site offer" price, which is 9/10 of the listed price.

The price of a Credit is dynamic with this method, and will go up with deposits and down with withdrawals! This should give us a nice idea of how much a CRE is worth, too!

The starting price on CreditsDice.com is 0.001 BTC/CRE, so come check it out Smiley

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, on CreditsDice, or PM me! I plan on making a new thread to promote CD regardless, so you might find me there.

Cheers,
Greydon

Great work Greydon! This will actually work as a mini exchange for people looking to convert either way CRE <-> BTC.
UPDATE:

There now exists a method to BUY CRE WITH BTC and SELL CRE FOR BTC!

CreditsDice.com now has an option to deposit Bitcoin, mixing the BTC into CRE at the given price listed on the front page. You can also withdraw Bitcoin, which is processed at the highest "site offer" price, which is 9/10 of the listed price.

The price of a Credit is dynamic with this method, and will go up with deposits and down with withdrawals! This should give us a nice idea of how much a CRE is worth, too!

The starting price on CreditsDice.com is 0.001 BTC/CRE, so come check it out Smiley

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, on CreditsDice, or PM me! I plan on making a new thread to promote CD regardless, so you might find me there.

Cheers,
Greydon
hey guys,
just noticed something with the wallet after falling 30 hours behind, it seems to me like the 2 wallets are fighting with each other to get up to date.
therefore is it possible for the bitcoin wallet to update itself first and once that is done the credits one can update, or maybe the other way round... i've been sat here for half an hour now waiting to start my mining up again

oh and the block explorer is down again

Block explorer up again.

The two chains are not exactly fighting to do updates but they can not update at the same time, so when you are receiving a block from one of them, blocks from the other chain will have to wait. As a rule of thumb, if the Bitcoin blockchain is too far behind, the Credits blockchain will wait for Bitcoin to become up to date.

30 minutes sounds like a long time to get synced for 30 hours though... Can you see blocks arriving in debug.log?

as soon as the bitcoin chain updated the credits one was updating at a much faster rate and yes everything was working fine, it honestly took about 30 mintues for it to update

Ok, good to hear that you are back again anyways!
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
hey guys,
just noticed something with the wallet after falling 30 hours behind, it seems to me like the 2 wallets are fighting with each other to get up to date.
therefore is it possible for the bitcoin wallet to update itself first and once that is done the credits one can update, or maybe the other way round... i've been sat here for half an hour now waiting to start my mining up again

Block explorer up again.

The two chains are not exactly fighting to do updates but they can not update at the same time, so when you are receiving a block from one of them, blocks from the other chain will have to wait. As a rule of thumb, if the Bitcoin blockchain is too far behind, the Credits blockchain will wait for Bitcoin to become up to date.

30 minutes sounds like a long time to get synced for 30 hours though... Can you see blocks arriving in debug.log?

as soon as the bitcoin chain updated the credits one was updating at a much faster rate and yes everything was working fine, it honestly took about 30 mintues for it to update
hey guys,

Block explorer up again.

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
hey guys,

Off on holidays as the price drops. You need to be here innovating and building new stuff for our community.
Was the vacation worth it?

Thank you for your input.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
Just a few observations.

The 9.1.60 wallet works great.  It syncs fast and the footprint is much smaller than previous releases. 

I am now using the Credits wallet as my main bitcoin wallet.  I haven't had any issues sending and receiving bitcoin from the Credits wallet.  I still keep a bitcoin node running and the bulk of my bitcoin in an offline wallet and will continue to do so.  I have been keeping a bitcoin node running and my main bitcoin wallet offline for some time.   I do it so I have rapid access to my bitcoin.  But the Credits wallet is what I have been using for the last month for bitcoin transactions.  It's been working out just fine.

I'm still mining off and on and will continue to do so.  Everything for this coin is in place and has been done in a very professional manner. 

So with that said I would like to give the dev and others kudos for a job well done.

Thank you very much for those kind words! Much appreciated. Smiley

Sorry for the late reply, been off for holidays the last three days.

There are quite exciting things coming up soon so keep an eye on this space!

Off on holidays as the price drops. You need to be here innovating and building new stuff for our community.
Was the vacation worth it?
Just a few observations.

The 9.1.60 wallet works great.  It syncs fast and the footprint is much smaller than previous releases. 

I am now using the Credits wallet as my main bitcoin wallet.  I haven't had any issues sending and receiving bitcoin from the Credits wallet.  I still keep a bitcoin node running and the bulk of my bitcoin in an offline wallet and will continue to do so.  I have been keeping a bitcoin node running and my main bitcoin wallet offline for some time.   I do it so I have rapid access to my bitcoin.  But the Credits wallet is what I have been using for the last month for bitcoin transactions.  It's been working out just fine.

I'm still mining off and on and will continue to do so.  Everything for this coin is in place and has been done in a very professional manner. 

So with that said I would like to give the dev and others kudos for a job well done.

Thank you very much for those kind words! Much appreciated. Smiley

Sorry for the late reply, been off for holidays the last three days.

There are quite exciting things coming up soon so keep an eye on this space!
legendary
Just a few observations.

Took me about 15 minutes to sync. Not that fast if you ask me.

Yes it does take longer than most wallets to sync but it is blazing fast today compared to when the coin launched.  The wallet does have to sync two blockchains.  Credits and Bitcoin.

It would be nice if the sync time was faster.  But for now it is a little slow.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
Just a few observations.

Took me about 15 minutes to sync. Not that fast if you ask me.
Just a few observations.

Thanks for the kind words Shojay, we hope you stick around Smiley

Also, great news that you haven't had any issues regarding the client! I've been using it as a bitcoin wallet myself, too! We're still working on getting more services in place, including pools and exchange options. Cheers!
legendary
Just a few observations.

bitcoin chain is stuck @ block 280006 since the problem appeared which means, it's stuck like that since at least 1,5 days.

A fix for the problem you have been experiencing has been merged into master.

Just pull the latest changes from master, and rebuild and the problem should be solved.

If you want to be perfectly safe, rename the old working directory to Credits_old and let the wallet create a completely new Credits directory.

Nice work gabe, I'm still tweaking security on the BTC-CRE exchange on Creditsdice.com, but there should be a way to buy CRE and sell within the week!
bitcoin chain is stuck @ block 280006 since the problem appeared which means, it's stuck like that since at least 1,5 days.

A fix for the problem you have been experiencing has been merged into master.

Just pull the latest changes from master, and rebuild and the problem should be solved.

If you want to be perfectly safe, rename the old working directory to Credits_old and let the wallet create a completely new Credits directory.
Pages:
Jump to: