Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 20. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
bitcoin chain is stuck @ block 280006 since the problem appeared which means, it's stuck like that since at least 1,5 days.

It is like Greydon writes, the problem occurs when you:
1. Build from source on linux
2. Download the chains from scratch

It is a known problem in earlier version of Bitcoin, and the Bitcoin internal version running in Credits it 0.9.1. It probably have something to do with the openssl version.

I'll create a fix for this issue by disabling the validation of the offending blocks in the Bitcoin chain. I'll post here as soon as it's done, probably in a couple of days.

There are three (four) ways around the problem:
1. Use one of the official Linux releases
2. Use the torrent provided here: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517
3. Build a release version by ourself by following the instructions for creating releases: https://github.com/credits-currency/credits/blob/master/doc/release-process.md
4. Wait until i can add exceptions to the code base to get around the problem. This will take a couple of days.

Building a releases version is done by building it on a VirtualBox virtual Linux instance. It can be done on any operating system that supports VirtualBox.
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
bitcoin chain is stuck @ block 280006 since the problem appeared which means, it's stuck like that since at least 1,5 days.

I believe another user had an error similar to that, when trying to build on linux from source of the new version, and also occasionally when on a fresh sync (also linux)

I suggest downloading the torrent file and initializing the blockchains from there, It's faster and saves you the time of waiting for fixed release Smiley
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
legendary
I'm trying to sync the latest version under ubuntu since days.

Code:
Bitcoin: ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK 577, prev=000000000000000049573b24beef7e594f41b9ef556e250f2c59ef0f090a479e
ERROR: Bitcoin: AcceptToMemoryPool : nonstandard transaction: non-final

log is full with stuff like that..

Both are perfectly normal.

The first one just says that it received a block it cannot currently connect to the main chain. This happens if some blocks are missing to link it to the main chain and happens quite often.

The second row means someone tried to send a transaction that wasn't accepted by the wallet/client.

hm...strange. I have the feeling that it doesn't really make any progress. Normally, I can see the blocks that are processed in the debug log, but now there are just the mentioned messages.
However, I will wait another day or two, maybe it finally finishes.

Code:
Bitcoin: ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK 577, prev=000000000000000049573b24beef7e594f41b9ef556e250f2c59ef0f090a479e

Both are perfectly normal.

The first one just says that it received a block it cannot currently connect to the main chain. This happens if some blocks are missing to link it to the main chain and happens quite often.

The second row means someone tried to send a transaction that wasn't accepted by the wallet/client.
legendary

Code:

anyone else having problems with block explorer not working?

Yeah, It hiccups sometimes but It's back online now. I need to make an IRC channel for it, so that anyone can report if it's down... Sometimes I don't notice! D:

Great Greydon, thanks for taking care of that.
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

Yeah, It hiccups sometimes but It's back online now. I need to make an IRC channel for it, so that anyone can report if it's down... Sometimes I don't notice! D:
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
No worries sir!

Looks like Between CreditsDice.com and CreditsInvestors.Club we've got a few places to mess around with it before it hits exchange.
The new website is quite amazing to. Not sure if you've guys seen it yet but its at www.CreditsClient.com
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
ok here is my block and chain database is exactly the same format as torrent file on the first page, so follow the instructions for the torrent file, it's coming from my google drive so i hope it will share for you guys
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9szBWjac2nqR2FtU1Q5dXFxaEU/view?usp=sharing

Well done sir! Thank you for being a team player! Post an address And I'll hook you up with 50 Credits!

Sorry it took so long but sent!

Date: 2015-06-07 22:11
To: 1L1joQ7QWgiNJrTSopqoFvVw94uqmrdjP6
Debit: -50.00 CRE
Net amount: -50.00 CRE
Transaction ID: 59683a912257002fb1e15945566e8f8f70a343e72c81c7cf5758d509e6f73bca-000

received thank you, always happy to help a good community

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
ok here is my block and chain database is exactly the same format as torrent file on the first page, so follow the instructions for the torrent file, it's coming from my google drive so i hope it will share for you guys
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9szBWjac2nqR2FtU1Q5dXFxaEU/view?usp=sharing

Well done sir! Thank you for being a team player! Post an address And I'll hook you up with 50 Credits!

Sorry it took so long but sent!

Date: 2015-06-07 22:11
To: 1L1joQ7QWgiNJrTSopqoFvVw94uqmrdjP6
Debit: -50.00 CRE
Net amount: -50.00 CRE
Transaction ID: 59683a912257002fb1e15945566e8f8f70a343e72c81c7cf5758d509e6f73bca-000
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

That would be nice. Also, till the time its not on exchanges please make a thread in altcoin marketplace where people can post their rates and CRE they got. Or if you want, I will make that thread Smiley

You are very welcome to open that thread if you want to! If you need market makers, give me a heads up, I can probably provide buy/sell on both sides.

And I made a thread. Here you go : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083324.new#new

Everyone who wants to buy or sell cre post in that thread.

Great! I'll direct people there whenever someone wants to buy/sell.

Yeah that's good. I posted my trade request over there. 60 CRE for 0.0015 BTC each piece Wink Still, wish to get CRE hitting an exchange soon.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Thanks, got it! Hope it will help =D
Didn't know there was a giveaway! So my wallet is synced and ccminer running (not mined yet). CRE address : 1F4NFGFZH2hjUfKvDX1AiBxASSwiEUUvU2

Thanks! see you on credits-dice!

Welcome bonus sent!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Didn't know there was a giveaway! So my wallet is synced and ccminer running (not mined yet). CRE address : 1F4NFGFZH2hjUfKvDX1AiBxASSwiEUUvU2

Thanks! see you on credits-dice!

That would be nice. Also, till the time its not on exchanges please make a thread in altcoin marketplace where people can post their rates and CRE they got. Or if you want, I will make that thread Smiley

You are very welcome to open that thread if you want to! If you need market makers, give me a heads up, I can probably provide buy/sell on both sides.

And I made a thread. Here you go : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083324.new#new

Great! I'll direct people there whenever someone wants to buy/sell.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

10 CRE sent as a welcome bonus!

Out of curiosity - what made you prefer to download the working dir from pugwilfys gdrive, rather than using the "official" torrent file?

i dont use torrent . thats why

edit:

Date: 07.06.2015 11:52
To: 1GQgRoZMvEA64bQuVmPixQg4BvsudMLua (own address)
Credit: 10.00 CRE
Net amount: +10.00 CRE
Transaction ID: 0af271cd275f1489fe849b974789709e5152adca23e192f6e6f7e92ae70f69c5-000

Thanks

Ok good to know. For the moment, syncing by just starting the client requires a full parsing of the Bitcoin blockchain. This is for the moment a requirement, and of course takes some time. Therefore bootstrapping with an already parsed directory like you did is the recommended method for getting started quickly.

Pages:
Jump to: