Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 33. (Read 57384 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
I think I finally got this thing synced up boys so if you wanna try to send me them 10 credits to 1CKke5spZ8s1BotpJpJ2XYiEoAdgDfwE7p just to see if it worked or not I'll be more than happy to let you guys know Smiley

I'll send you over 10 CRE once my damn client reindexes.

I broke some shit last night trying to get a Credits based site going so currently balls deep in re-indexing.. Hopefully be done tonight.

Welcome aboard the Credits train sir! From what I hear we should have a web wallet, mining pool, website and fully functional block explorer soon (tm)
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I think I finally got this thing synced up boys so if you wanna try to send me them 10 credits to 1CKke5spZ8s1BotpJpJ2XYiEoAdgDfwE7p just to see if it worked or not I'll be more than happy to let you guys know Smiley
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
JSYK Cheesy you also can place

checklevel=2

inside bitcredit.conf as well if you're like me and want the wallet to autostart with windows, say if I have friends liking the idea it will remain synching with zero maintenance on their end when not mining

I know there should be at least two other ways to do this either task scheduler or editing the registry startup key but I'm feeling lazy
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

Is this mandatory update? because I still haven't synced with the last update I downloaded?

It is not, you can just sync with the other wallet and then upgrade when you wishes.
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
I do not believe the update is manditory but it certainly adds a huge boost for wallet functionality.

I'm currently re-syncing as well and will test out the new client later tonight once I'm synced (Hopefully).
My faucet is down until my sync is caught up but I will be catching up with everyone as soon as I am able to. Smiley

Godspeed on your wallet sync sir. It takes a bit but once it's running it's truly a breeze.

I really hope so Kyle and you just make sure you got some BlackJack and hookers ready for me once I get this shit synced bro Wink lol

Hookers, doable.. But the one blackjack script I do have hands on I'm afraid to put online as the security is well.. as tight as a hooker. >_<
I'm working on a project at the moment so we can start messing around with CLAM instead of just mining and hodling.
I'll hopefully have it up by the end of the weekend, assuming everything goes well.

Tight as a hooker... Made me chuckle. Only a bit. Wink
I do not believe the update is manditory but it certainly adds a huge boost for wallet functionality.

I'm currently re-syncing as well and will test out the new client later tonight once I'm synced (Hopefully).
My faucet is down until my sync is caught up but I will be catching up with everyone as soon as I am able to. Smiley

Godspeed on your wallet sync sir. It takes a bit but once it's running it's truly a breeze.

I really hope so Kyle and you just make sure you got some BlackJack and hookers ready for me once I get this shit synced bro Wink lol

Hookers, doable.. But the one blackjack script I do have hands on I'm afraid to put online as the security is well.. as tight as a hooker. >_<
I'm working on a project at the moment so we can start messing around with CLAM instead of just mining and hodling.
I'll hopefully have it up by the end of the weekend, assuming everything goes well.
Nice well I'm definitely looking forward to it my friend Smiley
legendary
Designer - Developer

legendary
Designer - Developer

Version 0.9.1.40 of Credits client released. Bitcoin functionality integrated

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with full added Bitcoin wallet functionality.

- Bitcoin functionality enabled, sending/receiving capabilities as well as overview and transaction history
- several fixes added to enable the use of getwork
- Major GUI improvements

Huge disclaimer!!
Adding Bitcoin wallet functionality means the integration with the Bitcoin blockchain is no longer a one way integration and the client will work as a full Bitcoin wallet, as well as a Credits wallet. USE ONLY SMALL BITCOIN AMOUNTS THE FIRST MONTHS. Bitcoins may be lost and wallets may become corrupted. The safest way to test out the functionality is to import a single Bitcoin private key into the client with a small amount of bitcoins.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Is this mandatory update? because I still haven't synced with the last update I downloaded?
Version 0.9.1.40 of Credits client released. Bitcoin functionality integrated

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with full added Bitcoin wallet functionality.

- Bitcoin functionality enabled, sending/receiving capabilities as well as overview and transaction history
- several fixes added to enable the use of getwork
- Major GUI improvements

Huge disclaimer!!
Adding Bitcoin wallet functionality means the integration with the Bitcoin blockchain is no longer a one way integration and the client will work as a full Bitcoin wallet, as well as a Credits wallet. USE ONLY SMALL BITCOIN AMOUNTS THE FIRST MONTHS. Bitcoins may be lost and wallets may become corrupted. The safest way to test out the functionality is to import a single Bitcoin private key into the client with a small amount of bitcoins.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast
Hi Dev,

Is there a step to step guide to getting it working on ubuntu?

Like a idiots guide, run this command then this.

I'm running it on ubuntu, and its this easy:

1. Download the client binaries.

2. Open up terminal, navigate to the folder that you just downloaded.

3. When you're in the directory that has the credits-cli, creditsd, and credits-qt files: type 'sudo chmod +x credits-qt;

4. To run it, simply type './credits-qt'

And off you go to the races!
It's surprising that you have a higher hash rate on Ubuntu Tongue Maybe ill install it myself 
So what kind of newcomers treat does one get for downloading the entire blockchain? I'm just curious as to what I can expect to get when this is finished downloading Smiley

10 CRE, a little startup bonus, nothing too too special. If you want to hop on and chat on our IRC, you can connect with any IRC client or use https://kiwiirc.com/client and join #CreditsCurrency Smiley
Cool I'll join you guys there soon I just have to go for a smoke first Smiley
So what kind of newcomers treat does one get for downloading the entire blockchain? I'm just curious as to what I can expect to get when this is finished downloading Smiley

10 CRE, a little startup bonus, nothing too too special. If you want to hop on and chat on our IRC, you can connect with any IRC client or use https://kiwiirc.com/client and join #CreditsCurrency Smiley
Okay so let me get this straight!! Once the file is done downloading then I replace the entire Bitcredits %appdata%roaming file with that downloaded file then restart my wallet? I just want to make sure that I do everything right here Smiley Also how do you mine these credits?

That is correct! To start mining, once your client is synced, open up credits-qt and go to the "help" tab, and open the Credits Debug window.

1. Type 'setgenerate true -1' to use 100% of your CPU

2. Type 'setgenerate true 4' to use 4 cores of your CPU

3. etc. You get the idea. To check your hashrate, and other info, you can type 'getmininginfo' !
Hi Dev,

I'm running it on ubuntu, and its this easy:

1. Download the client binaries.

2. Open up terminal, navigate to the folder that you just downloaded.

3. When you're in the directory that has the credits-cli, creditsd, and credits-qt files: type 'sudo chmod +x credits-qt;

4. To run it, simply type './credits-qt'

And off you go to the races!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Hi Dev,

Happy mining/whatever you want to do with Credits Smiley If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and you can also PM me.
Okay so let me get this straight!! Once the file is done downloading then I replace the entire Bitcredits %appdata%roaming file with that downloaded file then restart my wallet? I just want to make sure that I do everything right here Smiley Also how do you mine these credits?

Just be advised that it's a hefty download, it's 40GB since it includes the whole Bitcoin blockchain. It's worth installing it though and there's a newcomer reward handed out to people who install the wallet and start mining.
Is there some sort of .conf file that we need for this thing to sync up? I have nothing moving on my wallet and I have downloaded the most latest version that there is

Nope, it should start syncing right "out of the box". If you want it to sync quicker, you can download the torrent file which includes a .zip of the blockchain, and you simply have to drag and drop the downloaded files to your appdata\roaming\bitcredit working directory, and then turn the client on Smiley
Okay where do I get the download for the blockchain? If you don't mind helping me out here

Have a look in the getting started section:

More specifically, this post:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

Send a message if you are having problems using it.
The only thing I'm having problems with now is unlocking the .torrent file? Like I've never dealt with a file like that before so how do I unlock that before I put it in the %appdata% roaming file?

.torrent files are used by torrent clients to download p2p.

I'd suggest googling utorrent and using it as a client to download your files. Smiley
Thanks mate I'm already a step ahead of ya there and got it opening up now so after it's opened I just add it to the %appdata% roaming folder then and restart my wallet?

When you copy the files over make sure to de-select read only.
Then start your client with -reindex=2 and you should be good to go by the end of the day. Smiley

Whoa whoa, not reindex. He means -checklevel=2

Once you unzip the file you downloaded, replace this folder %appdata%\Roaming\bitcredit with the one you downloaded! Smiley

The way you start programs with an "argument" such as -checklevel=2, is you open up command prompt and type "cd .." until you get to your C: drive, and then "cd Program Files' (or cd Program Files (x86) depending on whether you installed it as 32-bit or 64-bit). then "cd Credits".

You should be inside your Credits installation folder, and just type "start credits-qt -checklevel=2"

Happy mining/whatever you want to do with Credits Smiley If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and you can also PM me.
Pages:
Jump to: