Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 36. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
How to mine directly to a single address?
i have some cpu in different location.

For the moment the built in miner assigns new addresses for each block from the wallet where the client is running.

You could take a copy of an encrypted wallet and distribute to all miners. That way you will be guaranteed that the addresses assigned will be only the range of addresses that are in that specific wallet. As long as you do not unlock the decrypted wallet, the keypool will not refill.

There are however, for the moment no way set a fixed address to where the reward is sent. It's easy to modify the code to do that, though.

From the speed you have (700 000 mhash/s) I would say it could take quite a while. Probably several days. Someone mining with 7 Mhash/s could get 1-5 blocks a day. With 0,7 Mhash/s, it's only one tenth of that.

Thats my rate with setgenerate true -1

Mining at 7 Mh/s I find a block about every hour or two. It may take you anywhere from 5 hours to several days for you to find a block. Maybe ask a miner for a loan of Creditcoins? Your difficulty would increase if you don't have any credits to deposit with.

See my previous reply above regarding deposits.

Just want to make it clear that up until somewhere around block 33 000 all miners will be able to provide enough deposits by using the reward for the block as deposit. This is taken care of automatically by the miner.
@Gabriel Eiger
Are going to release a whitepaper? I wonder how PoD works.

As Greydon wrote, you can find some info on the forum:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=510
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=755

Any miner can use the reward for each block as a deposit, if they don't have any themselves. The mining software built into the client takes care of this automatically for you. The possibility to add the reward as deposit means that the coin in practical terms will function as a pure proof-of-work coin up until somewhere around block 33 000 when the deposit requirement will be bigger than the reward. At that point in time, difficulty will gradually increase for those who do not have enough deposits.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

From the speed you have (700 000 mhash/s) I would say it could take quite a while. Probably several days. Someone mining with 7 Mhash/s could get 1-5 blocks a day. With 0,7 Mhash/s, it's only one tenth of that.

Mining at 7 Mh/s I find a block about every hour or two. It may take you anywhere from 5 hours to several days for you to find a block. Maybe ask a miner for a loan of Creditcoins? Your difficulty would increase if you don't have any credits to deposit with.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

I'm not entirely sure you can, probably to prevent botnet farms. You'd have to use multiple wallets I'm pretty sure, one wallet for each miner.

(Gabriel correct me if I'm wrong)
Activity: 568
umachit.fund
@Gabriel Eiger

http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=755

That thread describes PoD! If you have any questions feel free to ask Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Decentralized Jihad
@Gabriel Eiger
CREDITS BLOCK EXPLORER IS NOW LIVE!

Check it out at creditchain.org !

We are still working on completing functionality. Here is a list of known bugs:

• Transaction data is not shown (amount, outputs etc), transactions can't be searched
  • Address lookup shows '0' for all fields.

Other than that, you can explore blocks and check block times at will! Cheesy

Great work Greydon!
CREDITS BLOCK EXPLORER IS NOW LIVE!

Check it out at creditchain.org !

We are still working on completing functionality. Here is a list of known bugs:

• Transaction data is not shown (amount, outputs etc), transactions can't be searched
  • Address lookup shows '0' for all fields.

Other than that, you can explore blocks and check block times at will! Cheesy

I've sent you over 10 Credits to get you started!

Good luck with your CRE mining!

Thanks a lot i received them.
I hope it makes sense to mine with a corei3, didn't mine any coin yet.

I believe he is only using "setgenerate true 1" Gabriel. an i3 should run faster than 0.7 mh/s! (Right?!)

Yes I think so. However, some older i3s can be quite slow, I believe.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer

I believe he is only using "setgenerate true 1" Gabriel. an i3 should run faster than 0.7 mh/s! (Right?!)
Are there any bounties or something for the community Huh Lips sealed

And why using SHA256 ?
Thanx

The reason SHA256 is used is because the coin is created to run with the deposits as the main driver for the block creation process, not hashing power. This makes selecting a specific hashing algorithm less relevant.

The mining system will gradually shift towards the deposit system in the coming two years.

I'm assuming you have a quad-core processor, so you could chose anywhere from mining with one core to four. You could use the command: setgenerate true -1   to mine with all of your cores at 100%.
It may seems like the first block will take forever to mine, but the second will be even harder since your difficulty will double since a deposit would not available to be made beforehand. I could sell you some credits if you like.

Yeah nice, setgenerate true -1 works now with full cpu power.
I dont wanna buy just try mining with my computer and will see what happen
Good luck with your first block! Let me know when you get it.

Thanks, please take a look at these errors below.

ERROR: Bitcoin: AcceptToMemoryPool : nonstandard transaction: dust
ERROR: Bitcoin: CheckTransaction() : vin empty
ERROR: Bitcoin: AcceptToMemoryPool: : CheckTransaction failed
ERROR: Bitcoin: AcceptToMemoryPool : inputs already spent

Dont' worry, that output is perfectly normal. It's just someone sending a transaction (in this case to the Bitcoin network) that the client does not like. In this specific case it's both that the amount is to small (dust) and that someone tries to spend an already spent transaction.
How do i know, that my wallet works fine?

Your wallet runs fine! You can see that the miner is running from the hashing statistics output.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer

It might take a while to hit that first block. use "setgenerate true -1" in your console for maximum mining speed!
Activity: 237

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast
Sent 0.01 CRE. Let me know if you've received it.

I received it thanks is works

We run a signature campaign paying out BTC to full members and above, which pays 20 CRE per user if they download the client. (PM me your address)

MRKLYE is also giving 10 CRE per user that gets the client and posts in this thread, and to start mining!

I've send PM
Good to know your received the payment.  Wink Happy mining!
Pages:
Jump to: