Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 34. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
Is there some sort of .conf file that we need for this thing to sync up? I have nothing moving on my wallet and I have downloaded the most latest version that there is

Nope, it should start syncing right "out of the box". If you want it to sync quicker, you can download the torrent file which includes a .zip of the blockchain, and you simply have to drag and drop the downloaded files to your appdata\roaming\bitcredit working directory, and then turn the client on Smiley
Okay where do I get the download for the blockchain? If you don't mind helping me out here

Have a look in the getting started section:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

More specifically, this post:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

Send a message if you are having problems using it.
The only thing I'm having problems with now is unlocking the .torrent file? Like I've never dealt with a file like that before so how do I unlock that before I put it in the %appdata% roaming file?

.torrent files are used by torrent clients to download p2p.

I'd suggest googling utorrent and using it as a client to download your files. Smiley
Thanks mate I'm already a step ahead of ya there and got it opening up now so after it's opened I just add it to the %appdata% roaming folder then and restart my wallet?

When you copy the files over make sure to de-select read only.
Then start your client with -reindex=2 and you should be good to go by the end of the day. Smiley

Whoa whoa, not reindex. He means -checklevel=2

Once you unzip the file you downloaded, replace this folder %appdata%\Roaming\bitcredit with the one you downloaded! Smiley

The way you start programs with an "argument" such as -checklevel=2, is you open up command prompt and type "cd .." until you get to your C: drive, and then "cd Program Files' (or cd Program Files (x86) depending on whether you installed it as 32-bit or 64-bit). then "cd Credits".

You should be inside your Credits installation folder, and just type "start credits-qt.exe -checklevel=2"

Happy mining/whatever you want to do with Credits Smiley If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and you can also PM me.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Is there some sort of .conf file that we need for this thing to sync up? I have nothing moving on my wallet and I have downloaded the most latest version that there is

Nope, it should start syncing right "out of the box". If you want it to sync quicker, you can download the torrent file which includes a .zip of the blockchain, and you simply have to drag and drop the downloaded files to your appdata\roaming\bitcredit working directory, and then turn the client on Smiley
Okay where do I get the download for the blockchain? If you don't mind helping me out here

The only thing I'm having problems with now is unlocking the .torrent file? Like I've never dealt with a file like that before so how do I unlock that before I put it in the %appdata% roaming file?

I'd suggest googling utorrent and using it as a client to download your files. Smiley
Thanks mate I'm already a step ahead of ya there and got it opening up now so after it's opened I just add it to the %appdata% roaming folder then and restart my wallet?

When you copy the files over make sure to de-select read only.
Then start your client with -checklevel=2 and you should be good to go by the end of the day. Smiley

*edit: I am an idiot.. use -checklevel=2 not -reindex=2
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

legendary
Designer - Developer

Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

legendary
Designer - Developer
Very exciting news Gabriel!

I'm also working on a few Credits based projects as well at the moment.

Excited for the new wallet to drop tomorrow. Smiley

*edit: My CRE faucet is down currently as I re-index my wallet.. Should be up in a few hours and all those waiting for payouts will get then. Smiley
New release of Credits wallet tomorrow

A new release of the Credits client will be done tomorrow. This version is a major release with full added Bitcoin wallet functionality. More info to follow.

Huge disclaimer!!
Adding Bitcoin wallet functionality means the integration with the Bitcoin blockchain is no longer a one way integration and the client will work as a full Bitcoin wallet, as well as a Credits wallet. USE ONLY SMALL BITCOIN AMOUNTS THE FIRST MONTHS. Bitcoins may be lost and wallets may become corrupted. The safest way to test out the functionality is to import a single Bitcoin private key into the client with a small amount of bitcoins.

Any news on an exchange?

I was going to petition some other exchanges tomorrow. Soon, my friend!

Biggest priority right now is adapting cgminer and/or cudaminer to allow for GPU mining. I personally am working on creating a web wallet for Credits, and continuously fixing bugs in creditchain.org.
Activity: 258
Breizh Atao
I may have simply overlooked it but are there any mining pools or is this a solo only coin?

I realize it's a different SHA256 and as such standard miners don't work but still interested in mining without syncing the full chain.

For the moment it's a solo mining coin. Development is however ongoing on getting pools up.
I may have simply overlooked it but are there any mining pools or is this a solo only coin?

I realize it's a different SHA256 and as such standard miners don't work but still interested in mining without syncing the full chain.

Unfortunately we are still too early to have any pool mining options, it's solo mining only for now.

If you already have the BTC chain, wait a day or two for the next client release which merges the functionality of bitcoin-qt with credits-qt! Which means you only need one chain stored. 
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015

Bounty for GPU/ASIC development

Since the adaption of Credits to GPU/ASIC mining probably only is a matter of time, this is a call for development. The deposits system is built specifically to prevent miners from gaining an advantage through pure processing power, but up until the deposit system have full effect, Credits will run on proof-of-work mining. With the arms race that pow brings.

A bounty for adapting the client to work with cgminer or other GPU/ASIC mining software will be offered to any person that can do that integration, completely or partially.

The sole purpose of doing this development is to be able to provide mining tools for the Credits community.

All support necessary will be given to the person offering to help. Feel free to contact me through this forum or email [email protected].
found two blocks in a 7 hour span with less than 1.5 mhs so doing just fine!
is it the deposit address that changes with every block or the credits address? temporarily I mean

A new deposit address will be used for each new block. In general it is not recommended to reuse addresses unless you have a good reason to do it.
Want try to mine but my balance still 0, i need atleast 12 CRE

Need some giveaway  Grin

16RACLRMvJkD9idadPF95Am9nL5Ch4NtUQ

At this moment in time there is NO need to add extra deposits. The reward will automatically be used by the miner as deposit, and if the reward is larger than the required deposit the remaining part will be sent to you as change.

It's first at about block 33 000 that the required deposit requirement will be larger than the reward. And then you can mine as well, but you will get a higher difficulty if you can not provide enough deposits.

Happy mining!
Pages:
Jump to: