Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 15. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 726
Merit: 251
March 06, 2018, 06:56:41 PM
Bitcoin can be used a lot for criminal activity in the past and people believe that the use of bitcoin will always bring them in a problem. This can be changed because now the use of criminal activity has declined a lot and has started investing into bitcoin as a future asset for many people. Cool
Activity: 357
Merit: 130
March 06, 2018, 06:01:23 PM
In the market, there are many cryptocurrencies in Bitcoin that are more accurate, full coins. There is no trace in Bitcoin transactions. Therefore, because Bitcoin ensures the security of its customers, the criminals may be able to commit a crime through Bitcoin.
Activity: 722
Merit: 258
March 06, 2018, 05:58:48 PM
I guess somewhat because of bitcoin, criminality has raised, sadly hackers and fishers are being the ones responsible for this, and because of it bitcoin is being declared illegal onto some countries, in this case bitcoin will have a hard time and other cryptocurrencies to manage this, online may not be reliable because of tons of hackers, this would be hard for each cryptocurrency to gain such popularity they need.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
March 06, 2018, 05:38:17 PM
I think bitcoin is created not for that. a criminal act that uses bitcoin is not one of the bitcoin but one of the bitcoin users. they use bitcoin for their criminal acts. I do not agree if bitcoin is the way people do crime. I think bitcoin is only for profitable investment
Activity: 518
Merit: 115
March 06, 2018, 05:25:46 PM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

This is one of the reason why crypto-currency were banned or not yet legal in some countries because it can be use in illegal activities. From payment to illegal drugs to money laundering, Bitcoin and other cryptos are being used by lawless elements. Because of its anonymity and discreet transactions, it has become a favorite mode of payment by these people.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
March 06, 2018, 05:13:33 PM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Will,everything existence in this world have a good purpose,for goodness of human kind and improvement of the economy,but this happen about the cryptocurrency that be used in many crimes  and accusing as the main reason why the criminality in other country is  rapidly increasing actually its a big accusation,because since from the beginning of the creation when the digital currency is still in progress criminality and illegal activities  is already existing and they only syndicated the cryptocurrency that the mainstream of all this chaos,because the thruth bitcoin is created for the goodness of the economic growth.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 04:55:25 PM
if you look at what drugs are bought for, weapons, then what to prohibit fiat money, and even controlling money, the crusaders find ways to bypass the system the question should be how to control this process more..
Activity: 220
Merit: 10
March 06, 2018, 04:41:52 PM
Bitcoin is a good platform for investing and making money, but at the same time criminal people use the crypto market for money transfer. They are hidden because of the centralized crypt money. They try to reach the crypto wallets to commit a cyber crime.
Bitcoin has long been not the main coin used by criminals. There are many other coins that make it better than bitcoin. For example a monero.
Agree! Bitcoin and some other crypto-currencies are widely used by criminal communities and it is difficult to cope with such things, even at the state level, since crypto-currencies were created for anonymity.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
March 06, 2018, 04:14:32 PM
Bitcoin is a good platform for investing and making money, but at the same time criminal people use the crypto market for money transfer. They are hidden because of the centralized crypt money. They try to reach the crypto wallets to commit a cyber crime.
Bitcoin has long been not the main coin used by criminals. There are many other coins that make it better than bitcoin. For example a monero.
Activity: 252
Merit: 44
March 06, 2018, 04:14:03 PM
If you look at what drugs are bought for, weapons, then what to prohibit fiat money, and even controlling money, the crusaders find ways to bypass the system! The question is how to control this process more!
Activity: 165
Merit: 2
March 06, 2018, 02:26:09 PM

I don't think so.Crime and criminals existed for centuries,even before bitcoin existing.Bitcoin may be used by some criminals and it is very negligible percentage.
Activity: 252
March 06, 2018, 02:05:44 PM
I do not think bitcoin encourage people to be criminal or increase its activity. 
Activity: 154
March 06, 2018, 01:34:52 PM
Criminal activities are related to currency. Each type of crime uses different currencies for different purposes. It is not surprise that bitcoin is related to criminals. Bitcoins are used in criminal activities because of the activities that take place on the internet, the government is difficult to detect.
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
March 06, 2018, 01:11:59 PM
Well my take on this is, criminality is already in our midst long before Bitcoin. so it is unfair that we are tagging it to Bitcoin. I cannot deny that fact that yes Bitcoin can be used by criminals in their illegal or bad doings but that doesn't make Bitcoin bad. I believe that some people, mostly those who are against Bitcoin are doing black propaganda to make Bitcoin look bad so they will not use it at all. Don't blame it to Bitcoin, criminality is there due to people's bad, greedy, selfish nature or behavior. Would our government ban a knife because it can be used to do a crime, I don't think so?   
Activity: 196
Merit: 30
March 06, 2018, 12:24:22 PM
At first I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. How could they got an interest in a internet govern money while most of terrorist and criminals prefer cash over an electronic money. But then I realize there are cyber criminal which commonly called as hacker. Maybe their high IQ leads them to use cryptocurrencies due to it anonymity and innovation. Bitcoin open ups the door for those criminals to conduct services thru bitcoin. I think this is an advantage atleast there are concrete people who support bitcoin even they are used in illegal activities.
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
March 06, 2018, 12:24:12 PM

Hi there Xester, yes I believe in that long time age before I even engaged to bitcoin. That is one the reason why I didn’t stat early in bitcoin. There are so many news scattered on the internet about the source of fund or income by those who are performing illegal activities like selling drugs, guns and the like. But those days are gone, silk road were been wiped out, but still there are hackers who usually ask for cryptocurrency payment. I just want to face to the positive side of bitcoin, and its capability to help our generation.
Activity: 673
March 05, 2018, 10:39:10 PM
all newcomers and new technologies will generate two positive and negative uses that depend on personal and group usage and intentions so that everything will be possible and so easy that we can only predict and monitor what if a crime is required to be brought to the authorities if it harms us. .
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
March 05, 2018, 12:59:15 PM
Crypto with its anonymous service gives a huge chances for illegal money transactions. Im not that guy who gotta tell u about it cos everybody already knows it.
Activity: 238
March 05, 2018, 12:56:34 PM
bitcoin is like made for criminal... No proof No spying No tracibility which helps for perfect crime. now there is monero Which is more secure purely not tracable. So criminals transactions are going smoothly on blockchain
Activity: 196
Merit: 274
March 05, 2018, 12:39:52 PM
The news seems legit and correct, but I assumed that bitcoin is currently used on both good and bad activities. In the bitcoin early years, it is mostly used on illegal activities than good activities, it is just mean that as time goes by, there are increasing number of people that use bitcoin in good and bad. The problem is just what is the ratio of both, but it seems that most of bitcoin transaction is for the betterment of others rather than its opposite.
Pages:
Jump to: