Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 13. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 168
March 16, 2018, 11:44:55 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Bitcoi. really does, that is why some government don't give a chance for bitcoin to be their means of payment in their country. Bitcion do have advantages and disadvantages sadly one if its con is a added criminality on the world since it can be done worldwide. Criminals have taken for granted the anonymity when having transactions using bitcoin, and this really what criminal are looking for.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 16, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
I agree bitcoin is used in criminal activities but paper money is used too so not a big deal because every currency will be used for negative things too if it is used for positive things.
Activity: 82
March 16, 2018, 11:20:01 AM
Criminals will do crime no matter what you'll give them. Bitcoin is just an investment tool. You can use it for earning money. People are doing crime because they wanted to. They will do it with or without Bitcoin. Bitcoin has nothing to do with crime or criminals.
4U
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 11:10:57 AM
I think it depends regarding the people who use bitcoin, because even in late gathering coin if the people throbbing to use or to realize a criminality they can realize it whenever they agonized sensation and where ever they are. Don't just focus going nearly for bitcoin disadvantage to lid the concrete crimanality achievement of added things.

Bitcoin itself is only an investment tool, it is not good or bad. If it is said that it is linked to crime, it is only people who take it to commit crimes. It has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
Indeed bitcoin is the independent currency nothing can harm bitcoin and bitcoin can harm nothing, it has a lot of benefits for the investors and It has the ability to change the life, with time bitcoin is being famous for the nature of anonymous. No one can know about your bitcoin and no one can steel it so people use bitcoin as they want to use it, but personally bitcoin has no connection to the criminality it can only increase or decrease in price, to change your life, nothing else, as I use bitcoin till start it has given me profit only.
Activity: 127
March 15, 2018, 03:07:17 AM
I think it depends regarding the people who use bitcoin, because even in late gathering coin if the people throbbing to use or to realize a criminality they can realize it whenever they agonized sensation and where ever they are. Don't just focus going nearly for bitcoin disadvantage to lid the concrete crimanality achievement of added things.

Bitcoin itself is only an investment tool, it is not good or bad. If it is said that it is linked to crime, it is only people who take it to commit crimes. It has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
Activity: 89
March 15, 2018, 02:59:41 AM
Yes i think there is a relation because of bitcoin nature as an anonymous currency usable online and offline it might have increased some online crimes like cross-continent drug dealing and with no ID's and evidence.  And so some criminals had the idea of using bitcoins to use bitcoin in their crimes.
No I am not agree with this discussion because as much as I know criminality is the internal disease of the people who are professional by criminality we cannot connect bitcoin to it, as bitcoin was not there form then people are doing these crimes so bitcoin does not have any concern with it, bitcoin is being use by people for a lot of noble deeds, people are making charities with bitcoin they are making a lot of schools and help the needy and the poor, so bitcoin is anonymous but it does not mean to take the disadvantage and then claim the innocent and the beneficial bitcoin for it,  as much as I know bitcoin is being use for the goodness of the people.
Activity: 190
Merit: 106
March 14, 2018, 01:02:10 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous and easy, which means its a favorite among criminals. In addition, Bitcoin is not completely untrackable. Bitcoin users can also be subject to theft, scams, and frauds, which some argue is made easier because of Bitcoin’s structure and lack of regulation.
Activity: 84
March 13, 2018, 08:49:29 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
I don't think the rise in crime has anything to do with bitcoin. Not all criminals know bitcoin, and I think it's a coincidence that bitcoin is used for crime. I think all currencies can be used for crime.
Activity: 392
Merit: 70
March 13, 2018, 08:42:45 AM
this is most likely the reason for bitcoin detractors. All criminal activities in the world are based on the United States dollar. And Fiat money kidnapping where ACC more. Because bitcoin and cryptocurrency are not used by many people from the world population.
Activity: 416
Merit: 104
March 13, 2018, 08:38:24 AM
I do not believe that bitcoin increases the amount of crime. Bitcoin is now possible to keep track of, so it's not the most anonymous method of payment.
Activity: 89
March 13, 2018, 08:35:42 AM
I think i only see what is the possible committing of criminality in bitcoin industry is true scam.
Scammers also a criminals .
Scamming is also a crime.
When money is involved ..criminals are there to deceit or to fraud innocents person by promising good  opportunity
But they only purpose or the primary reason is to steal money to their victims.
So bitcoins also created a form of criminality and we must apprehend soon or try to not engage to the suspected scammers be wise and think deep before say . YeS.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
March 13, 2018, 08:30:28 AM
Criminality is something we can not get rid of. People become smarter and smarter so unfortunately they will always find a way to improve their criminal skills
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
March 13, 2018, 08:24:43 AM
I think its not fair making relation between criminality and bitcoin. If about criminality, dollars most used to money laundring or drug transaction. Its depending on person who doing criminality and its nothing related with bitcoin or others.
Activity: 103
March 13, 2018, 08:06:37 AM
Bitcoin isn't increasing criminality, People use other currencies for crimes to and even if bitcoin did not come into existence crimes would still be here as they are today, so this argument is off
Activity: 71
March 13, 2018, 08:02:02 AM
Yes i think there is a relation because of bitcoin nature as an anonymous currency usable online and offline it might have increased some online crimes like cross-continent drug dealing and with no ID's and evidence.  And so some criminals had the idea of using bitcoins to use bitcoin in their crimes.
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 07:33:33 AM

in my own opinion I should not probably used BITCOIN as a way of payment because it is anonymous and is is risky too. wasting your time in just to do crime is not a good idea let go of your money. infact many people , or knowledgeable people know how and what bitcoin uses for. and I think it is rude to waste it in just crimes 
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
March 13, 2018, 07:15:22 AM
If they are connecting criminality to bitcoin, I wouldn't agree to that. Bitcoin is legal. Bitcoin doesn't violates the law.
I think they just saying bitcoin is something like criminal its because government doesn't handle it. Government can't control the bitcoin.
Activity: 98
March 11, 2018, 11:41:45 AM

I think bitcoin is now banned in some countries because they think it promotes crime. Because bitcoin is anonymous, we don't know the source of these bitcoin, so some people use bitcoin to do some crimes.
Activity: 294
March 11, 2018, 11:37:36 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 108
March 10, 2018, 08:29:43 PM
No i don't think bitcoin increase the rate of criminality, because even with bitcoin there was many criminals already, like online fraudster, scams and all other, so to me i think bitcoin even reduced criminality. we all know that bitcoin has really solved problem in humans live 
Pages:
Jump to: