Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167
April 05, 2018, 07:13:01 PM
No i think that this is a stupide idea...maybe you can do sole bad things easly with bitcoin bet also you can do more good things...the one who made crimes will made it even if the bitcoin has never exist
Activity: 133
Merit: 0
April 05, 2018, 07:03:57 PM
when there is high growth or speedy development in an idea abuse is inevitable. we all know that with the rate that bitcoin is fast spreading, many cyber thieves will be looking for some dubious means to scam people of their money, so we all need to be careful on how we go about our transaction and be watchful on who we deals with online in other to avoid being a victim of circumstances. my opion
Activity: 196
April 05, 2018, 06:25:20 AM
It can not be triminal to Bitcoin because Bitcoin can not be used in all types of drugs because if the wickedness does not have to use Bitcoin currency, there are many other ways to do it in using cash.
Activity: 98
April 05, 2018, 06:14:00 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

If the US government notices this, they will take strict actions against bitcoins. However, people are using coins like Monero these days for this purpose.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
April 05, 2018, 05:51:36 AM
Bitcoin can be easily used by Ill minded people because no one can track their money even if the anonymity isn't that great with bitcoin they can still find a way to buy and sell illegal drugs and weapon.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
April 05, 2018, 05:45:35 AM
Criminals have been around all along, only a bitcoin is used as their transaction. Bitcoin does not cause criminal activity to continue to increase It's just that bitcoin can make it easier for them to transact without having to meet.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128
April 05, 2018, 05:34:34 AM
There is no denying that bitcoin is used by anyone including for criminal transactions such as drugs, illegal weapons, money laundering and so on, this is because in just 10 minutes people can make wallets and can be used for bitcoin transactions.
Yes it is right that Bitcoin were using by criminals transactions but a report says that within these nine years journey of Bitcoin a lot of criminal’s transactions have been blocked and have been arrested due to these transactions as Bitcoin is traceable and not like fiat money. Bitcoin has worked on it and made or introduce the Blockchain technology to reduce these illegal transactions.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 04, 2018, 11:51:54 AM

I guess so many people doing things like that back then. possibly that's the cause of many people don't care of bitcoin now.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
April 04, 2018, 11:41:52 AM
Bitcoin didn't increase criminality. Criminal people can use any form of money, why we don't ban USD because it's used in crimes more than BTC.
Activity: 325
April 04, 2018, 11:33:52 AM
To make payments for crime where the main anonymity is better suited to virtual coins. It can be not only bitcoin but also other crypto-currencies. Just bitcoin is the most famous and untwisted currency and flashes in the news!
Activity: 96
April 04, 2018, 11:19:43 AM
Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies are playing an increasing role in all criminal activities, not only cybercrime
Technology is in continuous development, offering new possibilities for cyber-criminals but also to law enforcement agencies that are investigating their criminal activities. Those who use money as payment to drugs, gun smuggling can use Bitcoin to pay and remain unknown
Activity: 347
April 04, 2018, 09:54:04 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Yes I believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world because they use it for their transaction. Actually I heard a lot of information about it because we all know that the transaction here is secured so that they didn't know for what they use it.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
April 04, 2018, 09:48:27 AM
Bitcoin with anonymous features makes everyone free to make transactions, but unfortunately this is used for illegal transactions, certainly the notion that bitcoin is used for criminals we can not deny but I do not agree that all bitcoin users aim for criminals.
April 04, 2018, 09:39:22 AM
We all know that BitCoin has advantages and disadvantages. Behind the bitcoin population, something bad works together.
But I do not think cybercriminals are about bitcoin. I think cybercriminals have a big growth before the bitcoin rises. Wink
Activity: 65
April 04, 2018, 09:38:20 AM
i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.

yes, I also doubt it.criminal activities were happening before bitcoin. it can happen in every where and every time, so in my opinion, I doubt it.
April 04, 2018, 09:35:33 AM

I think there are very few criminal incidents related to bitcoin. Bitcoin, as an encrypted currency, is anonymous and decentralized, and the government cannot control it, which is why it is used as a currency of exchange. But I don't think that's why bitcoin is banned.
Activity: 392
platform for everyday business
April 04, 2018, 09:32:25 AM

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

Actually this statement  is a big accusation to the bitcoin,and maybe this statement is over exagerrated,because we already know since from the first start criminality is still excess,and they make only excuses to wipe all this into cryptocurrency so that the image of digital currency will become bad throughout the whole world.therefore we hope that this kind of accusation to the cryptocurrency will stop that its used in criminality,because its kind of fake story  would not help to make our economy growth.
Activity: 266
April 04, 2018, 09:18:59 AM

Ya That's possible, it's probably one of alternative way for making bad thing by the other people who want to make illegal activities because this not like a usual types of method that it has a triplicate for tightly secured for all documents for all transaction. but here in bitcoin is peer to peer transaction only both person have actually transact and it will succeed already with a few second. so there is tendency the criminality is not out for this type of processing and I hope that it will never be happen.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
April 04, 2018, 09:12:18 AM
I have this vision on the subject: blockchain and cryptocurrencies in business relationships have a positive impact because the blockchain is an unalterable accounting book that does not allow fraud. In criminal relations, however, the absolute anonymity, the speed and ease of transactions can instead be a disadvantage for the community.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
April 04, 2018, 09:01:08 AM
Criminality has been present ever since technology has not yet made, it is because humans have a trait of being greedy that is why they such thing for their own benefits while abducting the rights of other people. Bitcoin cannot be blamed on how criminalities behave because it is a human failure of using it properly. Bitcon has been established to do many purpose and criminality is not a part of it.
Pages:
Jump to: