Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 9. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 07:13:22 AM
Bitcoin is indeed used by some criminals, but it is like criminals cutting people with their swords. You cannot say that it is the fault of the knife and the production of the knife is forbidden. This is contradictory! ! Roll Eyes
Activity: 52
March 24, 2018, 07:13:13 AM
as there was a crime 10 years ago before bitcoin so it remained. with bitcoin it has become easier to transfer money and make illegal transactions
Activity: 93
March 24, 2018, 07:08:27 AM
Whenever new people and country hear bitcoin there's a twin word in it called scam/fraud because there's too much fud and fake news surrounding bitcoin. Bitcoin and altcoins are still in their experimental year and have many rooms to improve their current form. Criminality is another way that makes cryptocurrency looks bad because majority of its users or all of its people are anonymous and its easier to move money and can be used in dealing illegal drugs/weapons.
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
March 24, 2018, 06:56:57 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Technology theory of innocent nature need not say more, we can't because of guns or kitchen knife can kill people is to ban the use of them, and also can't because money can be used to drug trafficking and track will ban the use of money. In fact, today I dare not even imagine what the most extensive use of money is in the highly virtualized currency. No one knows for sure.

I think it's a bit biased to compare bitcoins and meth biological weapons, which are more like money, roads, or the Internet. The Internet has broken the monopoly of information, making the exchange of terrorist organizations more convenient than ever, but would you compare the Internet with biological weapons? All in all, bitcoin, as a completely new infrastructure, is not the fault of bitcoin itself, no matter what it is used for.
Activity: 71
March 24, 2018, 06:40:57 AM
I think bitcoin didn't make much of an impact on crime. and before the appearance of cryptocurrency, criminals also received money
Activity: 145
Merit: 14
March 24, 2018, 06:31:46 AM
Bitcoin is using by criminals mostly than other currencies but it's just because of difficult tracking. People used think that if criminals using something it's becoming bad...criminals drinking water. Grin
No doubt and we cannot deny the fact that it can be used by the criminals. bitcoin is also used for a variety of illegal acts. Many of those who can not think positive, bad people today use bitcoin because it is anonymous. They use it so that it can not be traced and investigated by the police. There should be a Rule made so that future users who use bitcoin illegally can be prosecuted legally.
Activity: 267
Merit: 110
March 24, 2018, 06:27:43 AM
The presence of bitcoin certainly gives freedom to anyone to use bitcoin, even for criminal activities and transactions, but I think this is not a bitcoin error but from people who use bitcoin.
For me there are some point that criminality and bitcoin can do together by many criminals in this wolrd,  and we also know that bitcoin is open for everyone, so for me it has a chance that in the future many criminals is we will learn  to used bitcoin for doing illegal transaction.
I don't think that cryptocurrency is reason of it because it happen before cryptocurrency as well. we can not stop crime and money laundering. Criminals are not stupid people, they are complacent with their communications and use it to harm others, criminals are always looking for and using anything, bitcoin is an example, Although bitcoins bring a lot of benefits to our lives, they also benefit criminals.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
The future is your Genome
March 24, 2018, 06:24:37 AM
Like every project out there, it can be use for good or evil things: 95% of banknotes has traces of cocayne; does it mean dollar is a bad project?
Activity: 182
March 24, 2018, 01:00:28 AM
it is obvious that bitcoin will be used for criminal cases. This can not be avoided because bitcoin guarantees anonymity.

I think Just because bitcoin or cryptos used for illegal activities is not the right proof or statistic that bitcoin is the reason for more crime in the world.
The criminal activity has been linked to any currency for thousands of years, before money like shellfish, after the shell,
farmers are exploited for livestock, rather than paper money, gold, jewelry, and the like.
Activity: 672
Merit: 32
March 24, 2018, 12:39:26 AM
This can not be the wrong Bitcoin reason, because before Bitcoin existed for a long time the crime was already there and used a different way too,
Just like the recent Bank Skimming occurrence, What is a Bank of Skimming? or Is the Bank to blame?
Activity: 333
Merit: 11
March 23, 2018, 11:29:43 PM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
that is to be feared by the existence of bitcoin will be used for crime or fraud, this is what we must pay attention and must be careful, lest we get criminality or fraud on behalf of bitcoin, used by people who are less responsible.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
March 23, 2018, 11:19:50 PM
Bitcoin is using by criminals mostly than other currencies but it's just because of difficult tracking. People used think that if criminals using something it's becoming bad...criminals drinking water. Grin
in a recent web attack bitcoin has been used a ransom payment we dont want to make this happen again but the mere fact that bitcoin has a big value manye people uses it in a wrong way. way that everybody may harm. they should know the good way but perhaps they always chooses the easiest way to earn.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
March 23, 2018, 11:15:52 PM
Bitcoin is actually not anonymous but is instead pseudonymous. Many online criminals have long ago abandoned bitcoin in favor of Monero. Because the bitcoin blockchain is public, criminals using bitcoin are at risk of getting tracked.
Activity: 224
March 23, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
I think the characteristics of bitcoin; Anonymity is the best tool for many criminals.

Not all criminals in the world have joined the technology. There are bad people and good people everywhere in the world. We can't say that bitcoin isn't good because it's based on how humans use it.
Activity: 121
Merit: 11
March 23, 2018, 11:06:56 PM
I don't think so that Bitcoin added criminality in this world so much that police can't control. A lot of modern technology are invented that had bad side, like in social media a lot of bad things happen when social media start, criminals once use social media to do illegal activities too, not maybe once it maybe still be use right now but do social media gut stop.. No, because in social media has a lots of good things that we can have.
Activity: 14
March 23, 2018, 10:54:40 PM
The presence of bitcoin certainly gives freedom to anyone to use bitcoin, even for criminal activities and transactions, but I think this is not a bitcoin error but from people who use bitcoin.
For me there are some point that criminality and bitcoin can do together by many criminals in this wolrd,  and we also know that bitcoin is open for everyone, so for me it has a chance that in the future many criminals is we will learn  to used bitcoin for doing illegal transaction.

Because of the decentralized nature of Bitcoin, it is not only a means for these hackers to commit crimes, but also an important tool for large criminal groups to use for money laundering, and some bitcoin trading platforms have also become money laundering. White agency.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
March 23, 2018, 10:46:09 PM
Perhaps, but the rise and fall of criminality is not really because of bitcoin per se. Criminality is everywhere dude. All things are good unless used the other way around. Bitcoin is also good just like our fiat. However, fools use them otherwise.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 10:43:50 PM
In my very own understanding bitcoin is not solely created to benefit from criminality, it just happens that many criminals find the usefulness of bitcoin to its business dealing to other criminals such as paying guns and ammunition using bitcoin and remain hidden in the eyes of the authority. I believed that bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies out there are made for the advancement of our society and for the fast transaction of sending and receiving payments with a minimal fee which most of our bank usually avoid to happen.
Activity: 154
March 23, 2018, 03:55:58 PM
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
March 23, 2018, 03:28:39 PM
I like to point out that before the introduction of the BTC, crime rate was at an all-time high world over. Taking the BTC away wouldn't curb crime in any way. Just to mention, isn't fiat money used for crime as well. If they are saying that the decentralized nature of the BTC makes it difficult for them to track crime sources, how much have they done to track crime sources carried out via fiat money? As a matter of fact, crime perpetrators can use any means to commit crime and not just the BTC. The BTC is a technology-based invention that is meant to improve the daily lives of humans, just as every other technological invention today. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. The problem is not the BTC. It is the people. I think this point is just as detractive as every other reason that jealous people are giving against the BTC. Thanks for sharing though.
It is equally good for those who are converting all their money to the bitcoin as a saving and as way of getting fast profit, Anonymity is good for user because bitcoin is nothing without good profit so if people will use the anonymity of bitcoin for bad or for some crime act then bitcoin is not responsible for it but all people have different mentality in this regard, so for me bitcoin has no connection with the criminal mind set of people I use bitcoin for earning and earn high profit with bitcoin every month.
Pages:
Jump to: