Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 8. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 06:36:00 PM
How can bitcoin be considered as a crime? Bitcoin is an online business just as any other online businesses
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
March 25, 2018, 06:29:58 PM
I think this statement is just meant to trigger a negative around bitcoin. Criminals use all currencies, not just bitcoin, and cryptocurrency development will not increase the number of criminals.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 06:08:23 PM
In fact, criminals don't use bitcoin to pay. They use fiat or monero for this.
Activity: 280
March 25, 2018, 12:52:19 PM
I do not think that many criminal schemes go through bitcoins. It's also possible to calculate if the case is seriously taken by the police, I think it's just that sometimes they can take instead of the usual money.
March 25, 2018, 04:14:44 AM
I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. However, we cannot avoid these situations because there are always things such as good and bad, right and wrong. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. They use this technology to transfer money untraceable, we can't stop criminal from doing illegal way and any technologies could used by them. All criminal activities has been in existence and on the high level before the introduction of Bitcoin.
Activity: 76
March 24, 2018, 10:31:56 PM
Criminal organizations use bitcoin to wash money, people use bitcoin to transfer to criminal organizations that is a concern, this is a concern of bitcoin.
Activity: 180
March 24, 2018, 10:18:00 PM
Come one you can't blame Bitcoin for all of the criminal activity. I  think crime has always been around, if anyone used it illegally then it's their fault not bitcoin. This has made a bad image for bitcoin from people who doesn't have good understanding about bitcoin.
Activity: 322
March 24, 2018, 06:44:27 PM
Bitcoin has nothing to do with criminality. Criminals will always find the ways to do their crimes and bitcoin is just the way. I know it BTC makes it easy because of the fact that it is untraceable which make the illegal transactions easy to do. but it is not the reason they do it. So they will continue doing their criminal activities even without BTC.
Activity: 420
March 24, 2018, 05:52:30 PM
For me there are some point that criminality and bitcoin can do together by many criminals in this world. Criminals will always find ways how to transact with their illegal activities even in fiat money. I don't think that cryptocurrency is reason of it because it happen before cryptocurrency as well. I believed that bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies out there are made for the advancement of our society
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
March 24, 2018, 02:22:18 PM
that was just a brainless reason to takedown the bitcoin community. not only in cryptocurrency, every aspect in this world can be use for criminality if the country itself have a bad human resources. so to handle that problem, we should start from ourselves to be a good human for our life and this society.
Activity: 490
March 24, 2018, 01:59:08 PM
Of course bitcoin can not develop without drawbacks, but they are clearly not related to crime. There will be bitcoin or not, crime will not go anywhere and will develop, unfortunately.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
March 24, 2018, 01:47:52 PM
Criminality was there long before cryptocurrencies. And criminality will always be here. Almost every new invention who is good for the humanity, can be abused from criminals to do ilegal stuff. So dont listen to news like these. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies makes transaction worldwide much easier. Of sure it makes the transaction for criminals easier. Its like the invention of the car. How many people do criminal stuff using a car? Now what? Should we do not allow anymore for people to use cars?
Activity: 126
March 24, 2018, 01:41:30 PM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
bitcoin in criminal transactions is nothing new. Many public misconceptions about the large use of Bitcoin by criminals but such thinking is wrong thinking Although Bitcoin is probably the safest and not the worst way to use money, it does not mean that no criminals are using it. Just like normal money
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
March 24, 2018, 01:18:44 PM
Indeed Btc can be utilized as an tool by criminals for their mystery exercises. It can fill in as another approach to conceal exchanges amongst criminals and their customers in light of Btc's extraordinary highlights. These can be taken allowed by individuals with those kind of brain.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
March 24, 2018, 01:14:31 PM
i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
Criminal activity happen even before the Bitcoin but those criminal activity are different from Bitcoin related criminal activity. In some country criminal offence related with Bitcoin is the main reason for its ban in those country. Many anti social people using Bitcoin for anti money laundering and also doing the other criminal activity like kidnapping murdering child pronography, Drug trafficking etc with the help of Bitcoin. Bitcoin uninterrupted and untraceable money   transaction facility attract more criminal mind people towards it.  Shocked
Activity: 140
March 24, 2018, 08:14:51 AM
Bitcoin is a Double edged sword,you can either use for good or bad activity,because bitcoin is mysterious its difficult for the representing bodies to control the criminal exercises with bitcoin.
Merit: 104
March 24, 2018, 07:57:11 AM
The article isn't saying that Bitcoin is increasing criminality though. It's saying that Bitcoin is playing an increased role in criminality.

That being said, I don't think Bitcoin is to blame for any rise in cybercrime. It plays a factor, providing an easier form of payment collection, but even if it didn't exist, criminals will find a way as they always do. It is kind of sad that Bitcoins is associated with crime though.
Activity: 46
March 24, 2018, 07:55:32 AM
I think that crime was before the appearance of bitcoin. the only thing I agree with is that it has become easier to pay through the cryptocurrency
Activity: 14
March 24, 2018, 07:21:31 AM
Criminal activities have been linked with any currency for eons, before money like seashells, farmers were exploited for livestock, after that seashells, than came paper money, gold, jewelry, and the likes of it.
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
March 24, 2018, 07:14:33 AM
Banning bitcoin because criminals use it is like saying we should ban roads, planes and cars because criminals use them. It's a silly argument.
Pages:
Jump to: