Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 7. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 09:11:09 PM
Unfortunately Yes, crime has captured bitcoin because of what the large companies forbid advertizing in the networks not to receive a negative from their investors
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 06:28:43 AM
Everyone's concern about bitcoin because it's anonymous transactional security, crime syndicates use this to get help from illegal organizations,
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
March 27, 2018, 06:19:52 AM
I heard that a huge amount of narcotics passes through bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 308
March 27, 2018, 04:56:54 AM
I think criminality has no connection in bitcoin. Bitcoin is legal but it is not only regulated by the BSP. When we say Criminality, it is about doing a wrong thing against the law.
Since bitcoin doesn't violates any law, bitcoin has no connection in criminality.
Activity: 154
March 27, 2018, 03:52:47 AM
Internet too is notoriously anonymous, Imagine if countries had banned it in its early days for fear that it may increase crime. Ofcourse it ended up increasing crimes and as well helped solve so many societal problems such as slow banking, millions of jobs created, online shopping, online verifications,... Cryptocurrency like every other things has its advantages & disadvantages but I bet its advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

There's a possibility that Bitcoin will be use by criminals by buying guns for thier organization, for ransom and some illegal activities. So for me cryptocurrencies and Fiat are the same function whether it is used for good or bad. Criminality are already exist before Bitcoin enhances.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
March 27, 2018, 03:35:08 AM
Nevertheless, although terrorists do not use bitcoins to finance their activities, and insidious businessmen like bitcoins prefer all offshore, it would be unfair to say that bitcoin is not connected with crime in any way. Numerous cases are known when the crypto currency was at the very center of criminal schemes
Activity: 115
March 27, 2018, 03:15:50 AM
Is this a trap of thinking. Is Bitcoin-caused crime? Obviously not, but the culprit chose Bitcoin. Just like the people who sell drugs use money, is that money guilty?
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
March 27, 2018, 01:44:40 AM
Bitcoin is the online currency. People use it for many needs. It may also be used in the criminal world. Bitcoin is increasing day by day as it is easier to exchange.
Criminals are always present in every period and society, and the find their way at any coast to fulfill their intention, bitcoin may  helpful for them but in modern time the importance of bitcoin for fast transaction and making the world more closer to each other cannot be ignore, therefore the government responsibality is to control the criminal activities and make bitcoin free from them.
Activity: 254
Blockchain with solar energy
March 27, 2018, 01:35:05 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

For me it is not about increase in criminal activity but they have a means of transferring or laundering money easily. It is hard to trace cryptocurrencies so they are more free to do whatever they want.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
March 27, 2018, 12:39:15 AM
the situation is such that the advantages that bitcoin is famous for simply play not in its favor, but in the hands of scammers who, using the anonymity and unprovability of their crimes, steal the crypt from their accounts and purses
Anonymity and uprovability, well if that two things you mentioned is true, then FBI or any international organization that specialized in cybercrime can't reveal who's behind an address but hey they do. see silkroad, they got busted, same goes to many scammer.
Scammers who uses bitcoin to do cybercrime is definitely the stupid ones, their transaction will be saved forever in the blockchain, it's matter of time until they're revealed.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
March 27, 2018, 12:35:33 AM
as a part of the real world BTC is not common. Like every new Alt Coin ANN is based on some old idea from the regular coin world, so also the scam and crimes also got to this world. Expect the worst I say. Where there is money, there is crime and where there is crime there is there is money..
Activity: 378
March 26, 2018, 01:11:21 PM
the situation is such that the advantages that bitcoin is famous for simply play not in its favor, but in the hands of scammers who, using the anonymity and unprovability of their crimes, steal the crypt from their accounts and purses
Well we all know that bitcoin is open for everyone who wants to join, so i believe that it is really possible that bitcoin can used for bad purposes or in criminality, and we all know that it really easy to study how to use bitcoin so i believe that there are so many criminals that are using bitcoin too so my advice is always be aware for who we trust here in crypto world.
Activity: 412
March 26, 2018, 01:02:06 PM
Activity: 298
Merit: 21
March 26, 2018, 05:52:19 AM
Actually yes. Of course bitcoin doesn't encourage people to be criminal or increase its activity, but cryptocurrency gives more opportunities to manage money as bitcoin is anonymous
Activity: 336
March 26, 2018, 05:43:53 AM
Bitcoin is the online currency. People use it for many needs. It may also be used in the criminal world. Bitcoin is increasing day by day as it is easier to exchange.
Activity: 110
March 26, 2018, 05:33:44 AM
I still remember the first time I heard bitcoin was money used for drug transactions, I've also seen movies that use bitcoin for drug deals, and I've never seen a movie that uses bitcoin in addition to illegal transactions. Anyone who sees a movie must think that bitcoin is so close to crime. But that assumption is only for people new to bitcoin, if we dig deeper into the many benefits of using.
Activity: 280
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 25, 2018, 07:30:57 PM
all currency is  succeptible to crime.. just gotta keep your eyes peeled for crypto scammers.. I learned the hard way by getting into cloud mining  XD

Just my ipinion guy's,  I don't think so bitcoin is the main reason why the crime statistics blooms because of bitcoin. Crime is always their anytime and anywhere.Because of human cruelty like terrorism in order for them to become famous world wide the kill people without a valid reason. They want all people will be afraid of them that why they make some troubles like bombing. This group of people is very in humanity they are the savages.
Activity: 406
March 25, 2018, 06:52:35 PM
I met information in the article, which stated that the percentage of all transactions with bitcoins, crime accounts for about 5 percent. That's a small number.
Activity: 154
Merit: 3
March 25, 2018, 06:45:52 PM
Recently, someone managed to crank the largest in the history of the theft of bitcoins, a virtual currency, which can be called an analog of "cash" on the Internet. The Sheep Marketplace - the illicit drug market as well as the Bitcoin Exchange Mt.Gox - has been looted. This could be done by hackers or someone who had access from the inside, but somehow, as a result of these actions, customers of Sheep Marketplace and Mt.Gox lost bitcoins worth 800 million dollars.

The cases of theft of bitcoins are no longer something special. In June 2011, a user with the nickname Allinvain was the victim of probably the very first major theft from all previously recorded. "I want to kill myself," he wrote then.

Since then, dozens more of these thefts have happened. A Bitcoin Savings & Trust, which was a highly profitable investment fund, in fact turned out to be a pyramid. His owner was accused of stealing the bitcoins of his clients for $ 4.5 million. Service MyBitcoin, the analogue of the bank, which provides the services of the "electronic purse" disappeared without a trace with bitcoins worth $ 1 million. A whole group of well-known and trusted bitcoins of companies, including such exchanges as Mt. Gox and the no longer existing Bitcoinica also underwent a robbery that caused a wide response.

Victims of bank card theft can block it or cancel transactions that the fraudster did with it, However, bitcoin attracts thieves to itself, and it happens precisely because transactions in its system can not be canceled. "The bitcoin is like cash," says Nicholas Christine, an associate professor at Carnegie Mellon University, which is engaged in extensive research on crypto currency. "And the only way to get this cash back is to find a thief in the real world and just beat him up."
Activity: 310
March 25, 2018, 06:44:42 PM
Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency which has the ability to hide the identity of the sender and reciever that makes untraceable for every transactions. Which is a very big help for those criminals to hide their identity for any illegal transactions they do. So, it's all obvious that bitcoin can truly increased the criminality by just using it for making an untraceable transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: