Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 38. (Read 4498 times)

copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 01:47:34 PM
Yes I had heard in the news that criminals use Bitcoin to do illegal things. And in some countries people use Bitcoin for money laundering. But in my country I have not heard such news so far, so I do not believe in all these things.
Activity: 562
Merit: 250
May 17, 2018, 01:30:29 PM
Yes whether bitcoin existed or not, people would still steal. So stealing or criminalism would persist. Bitcoin is not the problem but human psychological make up. Scamming has been since the beginning of life even from the bible stories.
Yes, some people using name of bitcoin for bad intentions cause they want easy money in without effort. Scammers and hackers they want to use bitcoin in illegal way and I think this some reason some country are not trust in bitcoin cause the scammers they give bad reputation in bitcoin.
Activity: 78
May 17, 2018, 01:22:03 PM
actually bitcoin is not a criminal but bitcoin can be in salh use by criminals this may be the reason why many countries are closing bitcoin access for fear of being misused by criminals
Activity: 126
May 17, 2018, 01:17:13 PM
All of things have a good or bad site so bitcoin have a advantage or disadvantage. So it's obvious that criminals useing bitcoin.Many people want to use it for illegal activites because this money is very difficult to track and impossible to prove that it was your transaction,and also impossible to find criminal because most of the countries government banned bitcoin. So I think police do not find criminal about transactions .
Activity: 98
May 17, 2018, 01:16:59 PM
Everything has the good and bad side. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency payments system can use them to make a better society as well as for crimes. We need more implementation to the user and payment validation mechanism for this system. But if we implement user and payment validation system, it will destroy the real usage of bitcoin payment with decentralisation.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 01:11:36 PM
LOL Its the stupidest thing to take illegal money via BTC. Its the most trackable thing on earth. Governments around the world already keeping a very close watch on the BTC addresses. Taking the payment in anonymous coins like Zcash and MOnero seems logical as they are not traceable. Its an old FUD now and only newbie hackers take money in BTC. Even they confuse it with BCASH.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 01:10:43 PM
Bitcoin and other cryptos are used by investors due to the high daily price change, the easy of using them and from those who want to hide their funds or make international payments. I believe that less transactions belong to criminal activity. Don't forget that criminals don't care about currencies. You think that a criminal can't use USD or other currency to make a transaction? Except if you mean as a criminal someone that wants to hide his money from tax authorities.
Activity: 76
May 17, 2018, 01:05:09 PM
lately there is a lot of news about there being a crime in bitcoin that deliberately uses bitcoin with payment instruments and secret transactions

Is it true?
I do not think it's possible before they say something about the law should there be evidence they say and as long as it does not prove stronger than what they say, it's all just their strategy to drop the bitcoin

in the national media as well as many stories like how we overcome such things because I am not a lawyer and I just listen to no resistance for those who do not like bitcoin
Merit: 10
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
May 17, 2018, 01:01:56 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
There is no doubt that there are criminals who using bitcoins. We all know that bitcoin is decentralized, there is no government, people or companies who are controlling bitcoins. Criminals can freely use bitcoins and it is one of the disadvantage of bitcoins.
Edward Snowden says that the US government is closely watching all bitcoin transactions. Anonymity bitcoin is illusory. This must always be remembered.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
May 17, 2018, 12:51:38 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
detecting directly from bitcoin transactions I think is very difficult to find because bitcoin anonymous. possibly by detecting the flow of funds that go into bank account after bitcoin is converted into ordinary currency.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
May 17, 2018, 12:47:57 PM
It's obvious that criminals using bitcoins, everyone want to use bitcoin for illegal activites because this money is very difficult to track and also impossible to prove that it was your transaction.
Activity: 115
May 17, 2018, 12:39:06 PM
For me, bitcoin will always have its advantages and disadvantages as well as its strengths and weaknesses, which some hackers should be aware of right now, we all know that bitcoins are mostly accessible on the internet and we have certain accounts we use so we can do something to earn money of bitcoin. There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used as well as the latest innovations in solving economic problems around the world.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
May 17, 2018, 12:24:38 PM
That is why KYC is now implemented in every trading platform or even in local exchanger who exchange bitcoin into local currency. Base on the news I heard, those who use bitcoin in illegal activities in the past was apprehended. Bitcoin might be anonymous but it is tracable thru blockchain history.
May 17, 2018, 12:21:45 PM
Hello everyone, in Russia you can now buy drugs for crypto currency. I think it's not very good. As it is necessary to fight this

Hello! Drugs can be bought not only for cryptocurrency. Darknet works in all the world and for cryptocurrency you will can buy everything that is sold there.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
May 17, 2018, 12:16:24 PM
Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it. This we need to convey to others so that others do not misunderstand.
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
May 17, 2018, 10:33:11 AM
There is no doubt that there are criminals who using bitcoins. We all know that bitcoin is decentralized, there is no government, people or companies who are controlling bitcoins. Criminals can freely use bitcoins and it is one of the disadvantage of bitcoins.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
May 17, 2018, 10:27:21 AM

Well, bitcoin is design to be like it. You are right we can't blame people. Now we have a new innovation which is what we want but because of those people who are making illegal movements using bitcoin is a problem that is hard to be settled.
we cant avoid this kind of person that are here in this forum that making some bad here that they use this for some criminalization but as long as this is cant disturb some of us or all of us here just continue and dont mind them.
I don't think we can get those people to go? bitcoin already explained that anyone free to use bitcoin and free use bitcoin for any purpose is a function of decentralization widely right? so from that it makes bad image to bitcoin and there is a lot of financial crime in bitcoin and I think it will not be eliminated it
Bitcoin can be used in any type of transaction that they want but they should think twice if that will bring good or positive results or not because if you are a good bitcoin user then you don't want for bitcoin to get into bad or illegal activities because it might damage the image of bitcoin to the people so even though it is decentralized we still need to regulate so we can minimize the negative things to come in bitcoin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
May 17, 2018, 08:27:54 AM

Well, bitcoin is design to be like it. You are right we can't blame people. Now we have a new innovation which is what we want but because of those people who are making illegal movements using bitcoin is a problem that is hard to be settled.
we cant avoid this kind of person that are here in this forum that making some bad here that they use this for some criminalization but as long as this is cant disturb some of us or all of us here just continue and dont mind them.
I don't think we can get those people to go? bitcoin already explained that anyone free to use bitcoin and free use bitcoin for any purpose is a function of decentralization widely right? so from that it makes bad image to bitcoin and there is a lot of financial crime in bitcoin and I think it will not be eliminated it
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
May 17, 2018, 07:52:32 AM

Yes, but I so believe that the police do have ways in order to track illegal activities that involves bitcoin as thier medium for payment. We all know that within local bitcoin trading site offer common kyc and this is one of the preliminary measure to help the government on detecting criminals that is using bitcoin.

KYC? As far as I know. KYC is usually used on investing on ICO Projects so how can they know the criminals lurking in there? And do you think that criminals will let themselves send their real identity on the internet where they will know that someone can know him or her? Criminals are not that easy to catch, especially the ones lurking on the internet, we just need to be very careful.
Activity: 361
Merit: 106
May 17, 2018, 07:35:37 AM

Pages:
Jump to: