Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 44. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 10
May 12, 2018, 04:46:26 PM
People really need to stop comparing bitcoins with criminals, because bitcoin is digital it means that it is meant to be for ilegal stuff? of course not, fiat is being used for the same purposes too.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 12, 2018, 04:44:12 PM
Everyone connected at the time when the new bitcoin just started started because bitcoin as an anonymous crypto currency that can help them transact under the radar but there are altcoins that do better than bitcoin in terms of privacy so bitcoin is now an investment or a valuable asset rather than money which transactions are used illegally. Cool
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
May 12, 2018, 04:32:09 PM
Perhaps the only misunderstanding of bitcoin is this thinking, but in any case it can have far worse consequences. So as to influence the attitudes of law enforcers, legislators, legal entities and ordinary people.The more people get to know Bitcoin, they know that bitcoin is more like the police than the criminals. Smiley
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
May 12, 2018, 04:21:44 PM
The fact that criminals use bitcoin, and massively, is a myth supported by banks and generally opponents of the crypto currency. It has already been announced that bitcoin is used for illegal purposes only in less than ten percent of cases. For crimes, coins with a high level of anonymity are used, such as monero, Zcash, Dash. Bitcoin itself is only relatively anonymous and because of this it is almost never used by criminals.
Activity: 154
May 12, 2018, 11:54:04 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
,,,I think bitcoin is not the cause of any illegal transactions, terrorist, hackers or being criminals, Because they were all existed before the creation of bitcoin, either traditional money or crypto all people can use it in a good way.
Activity: 168
May 12, 2018, 11:50:32 AM
I really hope that Associations of bitcoin industry further develops and watchgod organizations get formed quickly. They have to put a hard foot illegal activities related to blockchain field, so that further space gets free for its overall growth.
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
May 12, 2018, 11:38:04 AM
This is why we are having KYC nowadays. We can track the funds that have been used from an illegal transaction by the help of this KYC process. It has its disadvantage but as time goes by for sure there will be more regulations that can help us with this issues.
Activity: 238
May 12, 2018, 11:34:01 AM
Criminals depart from the use of bitcoin in favor of other digital currencies, which for law enforcement agencies are more severe when tracking activity in an anonymous corner of the Internet.
Activity: 34
Merit: 2
May 12, 2018, 11:06:10 AM
Many have pointed out that bitcoin currency is blamed as a market for criminals. But Bitcoin has used Blockhain technology, a technology that stores data of all the bitcoins in the world in one place. for example last year, people who sold illegally were caught by the government, it was because of using Blockhain technology that overshadowed Bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 11:03:52 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

The essence of the world is chaos and uncertainty, not order. Things in the world are chaotic, ambiguous, and cannot be measured by absolute standards.

Technology theory of innocent nature need not say more, we can't because of guns or kitchen knife can kill people is to ban the use of them, and also can't because money can be used to drug trafficking and track will ban the use of money.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
May 12, 2018, 10:50:59 AM

There are more criminals with fiat and are worse than the criminals using bitcoin. If you lose money with bitcoin because of these criminals then you are not that careful with online transactions. If you aren't so sure with whom you make transactions with, then its better to not making transactions at all, thats the best advice I took from a friend who were scammed with thousands of USD.
Activity: 150
May 12, 2018, 10:26:16 AM
of course the problem is not on blockchain or bitcoin, but in groups or individuals who abuse it, all we can do for crime, all currencies in all countries of the world including dollars can also be used for criminal acts, the problem is the person, not the tool or goods used, we do hear some people using bitcoin for illegal actions like money laundering and drugs, but many positive things we can do with bitcoin and blockchain system
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
May 12, 2018, 10:15:44 AM
llegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it. This we need to convey to others so that others do not misunderstand.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
May 12, 2018, 10:14:17 AM

I heard similar news from my country.
Some drug dealers bought drug in the dark web with bitcoin and sold in my country.
It's very difficult to find such people since all btc users are anonymous.
I guess police find them in other ways.
Because of such bad people, using bitcoin for the criminal purpose, we have a lot negative reports about bitcoin.
Activity: 218
May 12, 2018, 10:10:23 AM
It is true the problem if the society is the people because the people in the society are the one who commit crime, nowadays, most of the people don't have a decent job so, some of they are making crime to fulfill their needs in their daily life, maybe some of the criminals use bitcoin to pay people. It is hardh to find the criminals in the bitcoin users because most of the users don't use their real names instead their use another name or their making fake name to make a account.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 01:04:16 AM
Yes, it is true Bitcoin is often used in illegal terms and is very difficult to trace their illegal transactions. I hope the actions of such bad people can be processed and punished accordingly. Naturally, if the Government forbids Bitcoin in his country. Because if not monitored Bitcoin can have a living impact on the community. Yes, it depends on ourselves that uses Bitcoin in positive or negative ways.
Activity: 504
May 12, 2018, 12:19:30 AM
this is a difficult thing, hackers and criminals are criminals that are difficult to detect in the world of crypto. we should be more careful to prevent it from happening to us.
Activity: 462
May 11, 2018, 11:22:53 PM
It is difficult to prevent, especially since no identity is found on every bitcoin transaction. So this is a great challenge for us bitcoiners.
We can not deny that bitcoins actually use illegal transactions and we can not do it here.
Activity: 179
May 11, 2018, 08:01:04 PM
It's not about how curing is gonna work, it's about how can we prevent it. Many countries which are thought to ban bitcoin are in fact only regulating the use of bitcoin, and are just banning the illegal stuff that are putting a bad name to bitcoin. Bitcoin is not at problem here at it has always provide for its users, we just need to find a way to prevent this illegalities and put a stop to these heinous acts that puts bitcoin in bad light.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
May 11, 2018, 07:59:30 PM
Bitcoin doesn't have any doings with criminals. Be that as it may, offenders have business with bitcoin. When they enlist a wise individual and ace on the most proficient method to control or hack the safe framework, culprits can have an entrance to millions records everywhere throughout the world. What's more, pull back the cash to exhaust in bombs or what ever hard weapon.
Pages:
Jump to: