Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 55. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
I believe that the connection of criminals with cryptocurrency, and the view that bitcoin is a currency for fraudsters - just silly gossip, fiction. Bitcoin is designed to improve the world, not to make life easier for criminals.
Activity: 299
Merit: 14
May 02, 2018, 07:01:56 PM
You're right, it's about people, not bitcoin. Criminals will use any currency that is convenient to them. Bitcoin has appeared - they use bitcoin, something else will appear, and they will use it. It always happens.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 04:15:47 PM
Bitcoin is a secure online currency and its exchange system is online. So it is not possible to know when who Bitcoin used it. That is why hackers, terrorists and criminals use this bitkaye to accomplish their activities many times. Criminals or terrorists think Bitcoin is the middle of a safe transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
May 02, 2018, 04:11:55 PM
It's even pathetic to talk about it. Bitcoin is being used widely by criminals and other bad people from the internet and only because they can use it makes it much more unable to lot of activities like this which can directly or indirectly affect us. It's true that government cannot take out those sites but still they are trying to make the internet a better place.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2018, 04:00:29 PM
Bitcoin is not responsible for this.Criminal commit their crime anyhow.Before bitcoin here was crime and it will be if bitcoin don't exist
Yes Bitcoin is really responsible for many criminal activity and due to this reason it is ban in many country. Bitcoin provide uninterrupted and untraceable money transaction facility. Due to this many terrorist organisation use it for their different purposes like kidnapping, murdering child pronography etc Smiley. Many Anti social people  use bitcoin as sources of scam. Bitcoin also provide opportunities to many criminal minded people to fraud people on the Internet. Many Businesses and politician using Bitcoin transaction facility for transfer their black money  Undecided
Activity: 305
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 02:58:48 PM
Bitcoin doesn't have any business with criminals. But criminals have business with bitcoin. When they hire an intelligent person and master on how to manipulate or hack the secure system, criminals can have an access to millions accounts all over the world. And withdraw the money to expend in bombs or what ever hard weapon.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
May 02, 2018, 02:28:52 PM
Criminals are attracted to bitcoins because of its anonymity and untraceability feature. Criminal organizations are reportedly into cryptocurrency for their money laundering operations. This is one of the reasons why I’m all for government recognition. To prevent bitcoins from being synonymous with illegal activities. It’s bad enough that some people think of it as a scam or a Ponzi Scheme. Regulations will greatly help bitcoin become mainstream.
Activity: 72
May 02, 2018, 02:18:48 PM
Tat is one of the serious issue with anonymous payment options like bitcoins but you cannot ban it for this. You need to keep  the benefits of bitcoins in mind as well.
Activity: 70
May 02, 2018, 02:15:16 PM
Not right to directly relate Bitcoin with the criminals. Crime took place with any currency but using Bitcoin for criminal activity is not a good option. As your transaction is easily accessed on blockchain by anyone. you will be traced easily.
Activity: 429
Merit: 102
May 02, 2018, 01:55:05 PM
Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
It is interesting that you mention that, because based on the time that a person has been involved in crypto currency there could probably be fairly accurate assumptions based on that information alone. It would need to be compared to big news stories about Bitcoin that came out in the same time frame. I would wager that early adopters are far more likely to have been involved in crime than people who would just be getting into it in the last year.
Those criminals won't come to this forum to earn something for like we wanted. Maybe they are getting bitcoin through investment and able to use as currency because its transaction cannot track by anybody even the government but when investigating, bitcoin got affected by it which turns to be banned and bitcoin earners are affected as well.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
May 02, 2018, 01:45:08 PM
Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
It is interesting that you mention that, because based on the time that a person has been involved in crypto currency there could probably be fairly accurate assumptions based on that information alone. It would need to be compared to big news stories about Bitcoin that came out in the same time frame. I would wager that early adopters are far more likely to have been involved in crime than people who would just be getting into it in the last year.
Activity: 29
May 02, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
May 02, 2018, 12:56:47 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

We should not see bitcoin as part of illegal transactios because of those criminals. Bitcoin is just another victim. Those criminals are the ones who should be put into the limelight not bitcoin because of frauds.
Activity: 31
May 02, 2018, 12:54:38 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

While I want to agree so much with you because I am a great supporter of bitcoins, I simply cannot. Because although crime has been here since the dawn of time and the internet, there is no denying the fact that bitcoins or any other cryptos out there gives criminals more options to do crime and to take advantage of the innovation it gives. So we can never really say that bitcoins are somewhat innocent since like money, if not there, no one will be stealing money or using money for crime. That's just that.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
May 02, 2018, 12:53:36 PM
Probably bitcoin can be used in black market today or it can be really use by now, we don't know, because as bitcoin is free to all, anyone can use it in everything on the internet so if someone wants it to use to buy drugs on the internet he can use it freely without noticing the government and other people. Also I think it is kinda hard to find people who use bitcoin to buy drugs because it leaves all the transaction on the internet.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
May 02, 2018, 12:50:24 PM

To me bitcoin would always have its pros and cons and it is very evident to things when this is overblown by the media. It is understandable however that bitcoin can be a tool in which we can be able to bypass some of the laws and guidelines due to it being new and that the constitution or the things availabe to regulate have not encountered bitcoin for so long with its available data. But every good thing has its bad thing and that is what I wish to focus on
Activity: 101
Merit: 4
May 02, 2018, 12:49:23 PM
You should catch the criminals instead of banning the medium they are using. If you ban bitcoins, they will use another option like cash or PayPal.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
May 02, 2018, 12:44:33 PM
criminals use everything good in their bad work and they ll keep doing the same always so there is no way of blaming a good technlogy i think
The criminals will do anything that facilitates his work in committing a crime. If bitcoin can make their easier, they will absolutely use it. Actually either bitcoin or fiat, they don't care. It will remain in use as long as it is needed.
Activity: 98
May 02, 2018, 12:37:26 PM
I think there is no relationship between the criminals and the bitcoin, but the criminals can use bitcoin, the bitcoin is now well known and uses it so bitcoin will not prevent someone from having it and use it.
Activity: 52
May 02, 2018, 12:36:14 PM
Some people might be using crypto for illegal purpose, but you should not ban crypto because of that. With that logic, you will have to ban a number of things like internet.
Pages:
Jump to: