Pages:
Author

Topic: Croatian post office now offer crypto exchange - page 2. (Read 1598 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
But they are post office right? Based from what I know, post office are responsible to delivering and receiving parcels and packages from overseas, as well as to manage messages in form of physical letter. And having cryptocurrency to exchange to fiats for me is not suitable for them to manage. It could be for money changer, convenience store, and a store made specially for exchanging money or fiats to cryptocurrency. Maybe in the future, banks will also do the same thing as this.

Where do you live?
In our country, post offices have not only been sending or receiving letters or packages for a long time, but they are offering many more services like health or life insurance, withdrawal of money from bank accounts, Western Union, sale of toys and books, watches and cell phones etc.
So it's not surprising or strange that they've added this new service as well, crypto exchange.
I think that you should change your concept about the business of post offices in some European countries  Grin Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
But they are post office right? Based from what I know, post office are responsible to delivering and receiving parcels and packages from overseas, as well as to manage messages in form of physical letter. And having cryptocurrency to exchange to fiats for me is not suitable for them to manage. It could be for money changer, convenience store, and a store made specially for exchanging money or fiats to cryptocurrency. Maybe in the future, banks will also do the same thing as this.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Certainly one big achievement, but I think the real success will actually be when the post offices adds the option that crypto can be bought and not just sold. Such moves give a strong message to ordinary people that Bitcoin is nothing bad, just imagine that you see BTC logo on the state-owned company, everyone will probably think there is something positive about it.

What I would suggest is that those involved in this project should invest a little more in the education of domestic people, by giving them some info which they can take in post offices, take home and read. I cannot say how much they are promoting this project, but Croatia is a tourist country and something like this should be promoted in foreign markets.
legendary
That's a piece of good news for the Croatian cryptocurrency and Bitcoin users, That's really a great step for this purpose, I think this is the way we want to see our future world will accept cryptocurrency as a regular payment system, this is how cryptocurrency has been developed and will get developed more in the coming days. I would like to thank the government of Croatia for bringing such type of innovative planning for their own purpose, I think it's just a starting, Day by day other countries also will take as like this way very soon.

I agree with you but please be aware that still we can't use crypto for the direct payments in the post offices.
First we have to exchange crypto to fiat, Croatian currency kuna, and than we use kuna for payment.
Of course we already have merchants in Croatia who accept crypto for direct payments and I expect that more merchants will follow.
This decision from the state owned Croatian post, to add crypto exchange as their new service,  will really help a lot mass adoption of crypto in Croatia.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 711
Telegram @tokensfund
That's a piece of good news for the Croatian cryptocurrency and Bitcoin users, That's really a great step for this purpose, I think this is the way we want to see our future world will accept cryptocurrency as a regular payment system, this is how cryptocurrency has been developed and will get developed more in the coming days. I would like to thank the government of Croatia for bringing such type of innovative planning for their own purpose, I think it's just a starting, Day by day other countries also will take as like this way very soon.
legendary
Here is official statement from the Croatian post about this service: https://www.posta.hr/hrvatska-posta-otkupljuje-kriptovalute-u-svim-zupanijama-8130/8130
On the English part of the site I can't find this statement, they probably need more time to translate it but here you can see list of all 55 local post offices where you can sell crypto: https://crypto.posta.hr/
This part of the official statement is very important:
In the future, it is planned to introduce the possibility of buying cryptocurrencies in the post offices
and Post offices will become central locations for cryptocurrency trading in numerous locations in Croatia.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Is Croatia going to compete with France for the role of the most progressive crypto country?  Cheesy
Activity: 122
Merit: 43
Great news Dzoni,  great success for you and your company.
So,  as I see from the news,  crypto exchange is not any more pilot project in the state owned Croatian post but now such services will be available in all main post offices in Croatia,  in 55 post offices.
Great step for mass adoption of crypto in Croatia.
Yeah, it's not a pilot project anymore, it's here to stay :-)
legendary
If this project became sucesfull in Zadar, many other post offices in Croatia will offer such service and it will be very good promotion for crypto in whole country.
Aaaaaand, this just happened ;-)

https://novac.jutarnji.hr/novi-svijet/hrvatska-posta-postaje-mjenjacnica-kriptovaluta-uslugu-uvode-u-55-ureda-diljem-hrvatske/9731926/

Great news Dzoni,  great success for you and your company.
So,  as I see from the news,  crypto exchange is not any more pilot project in the state owned Croatian post but now such services will be available in all main post offices in Croatia,  in 55 post offices.
Great step for mass adoption of crypto in Croatia.
If this project became sucesfull in Zadar, many other post offices in Croatia will offer such service and it will be very good promotion for crypto in whole country.
Aaaaaand, this just happened ;-)

https://novac.jutarnji.hr/novi-svijet/hrvatska-posta-postaje-mjenjacnica-kriptovaluta-uslugu-uvode-u-55-ureda-diljem-hrvatske/9731926/
legendary
I knew they will be one of the first to be fully on-board, the country has been down with Crypto silently for a long time but the problem is that they also tax it, very high tax i mean.

Very high tax! ?
Are you sure?
According to the info I read in the Croatian section of this forum,  from user Domchi  (he received official info from the tax office ) we have only 12% taxes on the crypto profit.
If we hold crypto at least 2 years and can prove it to the Tax office with FIFO evidence, we don't need to pay any taxes on the crypto profit because than they consider as long-term investment.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
I knew they will be one of the first to be fully on-board, the country has been down with Crypto silently for a long time but the problem is that they also tax it, very high tax i mean.
legendary
Why do we look super weird to you?
It's not that something looks bad about your business, it's that the user in question promotes a particular service in almost every post, and he/she just use your service for one more promotional post. I really doubt that this user can even show on the map where Croatia is, and I'm sure he/she will never use your services.

Any news on the success of the pilot project, whether the service will be available across the country?
This looks super weird to me, nor legit at all Cheesy better just use one of the popular and reliable exchanges so you can be sure that your money and your personal data are safe. I use CoinDeal and I can honestly recommend it. Just don't trust every exchange, many of them are a scam.
Hey nutella_11, I'm the CEO of Electrocoin, the company that operates the Croatian Post exchange service. Why do we look super weird to you? IS there anything we can do to prove we are legit?
legendary
good news, I think Croatia is the first country in Europe to implement that policy. so that the post office can be a place for the development of cryptocurrency. I hope the government there will support it.  Cool

The amount of people who read nothing but the headlines is amazing, and also those who do not understand the basics. You fall into both categories.

Croatia is not first in Europe :

Croatia is not first in this crypto experiment with post offices, similar service is start in Austria, Liechtenstein, Poland.

The Croatian Post is owned by the state, the government has approved this project unless you think that the post staff are doing something on their own Shocked

I also didn’t know,  when I started this topic,  that we already have similar examples in Europe.
Every such project is great for mass adoption of crypto and we should support.
Any way,  we can't say that Croatian government directly support crypto but they allowed crypto exchange in the state owned Croatian post and it's already a lot.
legendary
good news, I think Croatia is the first country in Europe to implement that policy. so that the post office can be a place for the development of cryptocurrency. I hope the government there will support it.  Cool

The amount of people who read nothing but the headlines is amazing, and also those who do not understand the basics. You fall into both categories.

Croatia is not first in Europe :

Croatia is not first in this crypto experiment with post offices, similar service is start in Austria, Liechtenstein, Poland.

The Croatian Post is owned by the state, the government has approved this project unless you think that the post staff are doing something on their own Shocked
Activity: 88
Merit: 3
Wow, that's great! I wish I lived in Croatia Grin the world needs to extend the cryptocurrency acceptance!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 259
Activity: 1988
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If the model allows bitcoin to be used in post offices in Croatia successfully, it is possible that countries in Europe will learn.  This is also a free and effective way of promoting Blockchain technology and other cryptocurrency projects.

I have to correct you here.
This project or model will not allow users to use bitcoin in order to pay for other services in the post office.
If someone wants to buy something in the post office or pay some bill for example,  first user have to exchange btc to fiat and after that use fiat to pay for something.
Of course,  it's still great promotion for crypto in Croatia and great step toward mass adoption.
At the very least we could consider it as a form of advertisement and since a well known agency is offering a crypto exchange then Bitcoin would be viewed in new light. The important thing I think is the first impression and through this news then people would be inclined to not judge the book by its cover and provide benefit of the doubt. Though I wish that it would more than an exchange of cryptocurrency to fiat but somehow a time would came that other services would utilize Bitcoin l.
legendary
If the model allows bitcoin to be used in post offices in Croatia successfully, it is possible that countries in Europe will learn.  This is also a free and effective way of promoting Blockchain technology and other cryptocurrency projects.

I have to correct you here.
This project or model will not allow users to use bitcoin in order to pay for other services in the post office.
If someone wants to buy something in the post office or pay some bill for example,  first user have to exchange btc to fiat and after that use fiat to pay for something.
Of course,  it's still great promotion for crypto in Croatia and great step toward mass adoption.
Pages:
Jump to: