Pages:
Author

Topic: Croatian post office now offer crypto exchange - page 5. (Read 1598 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

Honestly,  can't wait to come to come to my local post office and sell some crypto 😁😁

I think you have few other options for sell crypto, by using that exchange that is providing service for Croatian Post or some other crypto exchange that is available in Croatia. Maybe there is something special in feeling that you can get cash in hands, but you get the same money if you sell on exchange and withdraw to your bank account.

In both cases you will need to pay tax on any profit which is incurred in the difference between the sale and purchase price. It would be great if tax could be paid immediately, and I think 10-20% of the amount sold would not be a problem for most sellers.

I wonder how a tourist from France will prove their tax office that he is sell €500 worth of BTC in Croatia for their local currency. Is there any legal advice for sellers?

I agree with you that we have many other ways for crypto exchange in Croatia.
I'm excited about this service in the post office because it's something what can show to  other people,  skeptic about crypto before,  that crypto is real and not some kind of SCAM.
Before,  when I tried to explain about crypto to my friends, it was to complicate for them to understand and also they couldn't see practical way to use it  
Croatian post is very respected company in Croatia and if they accept crypto people will become more positive about it and maybe more courious to learn about it and use it.
So,  it's big jump in popularity of crypto in Croatia now.
Well,  even my wife started to change her mind about crypto when she heard this news that Croatian post office in Zadar now offers crypto exchange 😁

About other questions better you ask user Dzoni aka Nikola Skoric because his company is business partner with Croatian post in this pilot project and he probably can give the best answer.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

Honestly,  can't wait to come to come to my local post office and sell some crypto 😁😁

I think you have few other options for sell crypto, by using that exchange that is providing service for Croatian Post or some other crypto exchange that is available in Croatia. Maybe there is something special in feeling that you can get cash in hands, but you get the same money if you sell on exchange and withdraw to your bank account.

In both cases you will need to pay tax on any profit which is incurred in the difference between the sale and purchase price. It would be great if tax could be paid immediately, and I think 10-20% of the amount sold would not be a problem for most sellers.

I wonder how a tourist from France will prove their tax office that he is sell €500 worth of BTC in Croatia for their local currency. Is there any legal advice for sellers?
legendary
Our goal is to offer crypto exchange in our main post offices in all big cities and in tourist area and we except it will happen soon  .
This means people will be able to buy and sell crypto in the end if the pilot will be successful.
I thought that banks would be the first to lead the way when it's about crypto payments.
But banks are maybe afraid of these alternate channels of payments, because their business is based on the fact that people have to use their payment service if they want to transfer their money to someone or to a company, etc... If they lose this channel, their other services could also fail because people won't store their money (or just a little part of it) in banks anymore.
But Post is only transferring the money of the people to other people or to companies, and they don't really handle people's savings, or have more services, which are based on e.g. people's savings. OK, they sell stamps (which becomes more and more rear), they handle packages, but these are not depending on how they transfer money. So it's not a problem for them if they dip their toe into the crypto see, to test the water there...

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the topic, maybe we can continue to compare bank's and the post's motivation in connection with crypto things in a new topic, and let this topic continue to talk about the pilot of the Croatian post

Yes,  maybe better you start new topic about it 😁
As I understand from their official answer,  crypto exchange is simple business for them,  another service which can give them some profit  
They wants to be leader in digitalization and digital technology in Croatia and it seems they choose right way  
If pilot project will be sucesfull we will have crypto exchange in  the post offices in all big cities in Croatia and in tourist area.
Honestly,  can't wait to come to my local post office and sell some crypto 😁😁
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
Our goal is to offer crypto exchange in our main post offices in all big cities and in tourist area and we except it will happen soon  .
This means people will be able to buy and sell crypto in the end if the pilot will be successful.
I thought that banks would be the first to lead the way when it's about crypto payments.
But banks are maybe afraid of these alternate channels of payments, because their business is based on the fact that people have to use their payment service if they want to transfer their money to someone or to a company, etc... If they lose this channel, their other services could also fail because people won't store their money (or just a little part of it) in banks anymore.
But Post is only transferring the money of the people to other people or to companies, and they don't really handle people's savings, or have more services, which are based on e.g. people's savings. OK, they sell stamps (which becomes more and more rear), they handle packages, but these are not depending on how they transfer money. So it's not a problem for them if they dip their toe into the crypto see, to test the water there...

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the topic, maybe we can continue to compare bank's and the post's motivation in connection with crypto things in a new topic, and let this topic continue to talk about the pilot of the Croatian post
legendary
Several weeks ago I sent official request to the post office asking more info about this pilot project.
Here is summary of their answer in English :
"Crypto currencies have more users in the last years and Croatian post,  with network of 1016 offices around Croatia will help popularity of crypto currencies in Croatia.
Digitalization is one of the developing strategies in our company and with this pilot project we confirmed Croatian post as leader in digitalization in Croatia.
Pilot project, in cooperation with company Electrocoin,  started in 3 post offices in Zadar and will show interest of public in this new service.
Our goal is to offer crypto exchange in our main post offices in all big cities and in tourist area and we except it will happen soon  .
With respect
Ivan Skarica,  Croatian post "

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
Perhaps this is already a green signal for the entire cryptocurrency market and cryptocurrency users in Croatia.  If a government organization uses cryptocurrency, then these are real steps to legalize cryptocurrency in the country.
The economic situation in Croatia is something could limit their acceptance towards crypto, yet it might be and legalization of cryptocurrency still open for negotiation towards its members. If their government leaders will give support for crypto, it will be easy for them to fully adopt this technology and of course, their citizens will enjoy the benefits using these.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
Perhaps this is already a green signal for the entire cryptocurrency market and cryptocurrency users in Croatia.  If a government organization uses cryptocurrency, then these are real steps to legalize cryptocurrency in the country.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
Amazing, this is indeed a great news not only for your country but to the entire crypto space, I believe that's a government office and they are adopting with crypto, your country has are going at the right path, and because your government supports crypto, you can easily see an improvement in the long run.

A government agency is a good example because when private companies sees this, they would not doubt anymore.
Activity: 89
Merit: 2
This is a huge step towards the adoption and use of Cryptocurrencies. Although this might sound new, the Austria post started service last year by offering fiat money in exchange for Cryptocurrencies.
Croatia has been known to accept cryptocurrencies since May of 2019. Although this step taken by Croatia might sound unique to some, the country has been quite open and adopting with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 122
Merit: 43
Too bad that the bitcoin store has to change their service, I haven't heard about similar service in the EU. People in Croatia were lucky (are lucky by the end of the year Smiley )
Now, don't get me wrong - they don't have to do anything, my point was that the new law is coming into effect and things probably will have to change. But wether they actually will change anything or not is up to them.

It is not my business to comment on their service. We are their main competitor and it was not my intention to propose how they should run their service. Guys know what they are doing, they are good at what they do and I'm sure they will react to the new law accordingly. Best of luck to them!
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
@dzoni:
Do you serve only local people with the ID issued by the country of Croatia?
Or anyone from the EU/world?
You only buy crypto from people who already have it, and you don't sell crypto to the people, right?
Hey bitart, sorry for prolonged response. Anyway, the service is available to both local residents and tourists. You can use the service with an ID issued in any country in the world :-)

At this point in time we do not sell crypto, no. We hope to change that in the Autumn :-)
Thanks for your response Smiley
This pilot is really interesting, so I'll keep an eye on it Smiley
Too bad that the bitcoin store has to change their service, I haven't heard about similar service in the EU. People in Croatia were lucky (are lucky by the end of the year Smiley )

legendary
I had Bitcoin Discussion on ignore and just un-ignored it, so I missed this thread completely--and I must say, wow!  This is a great service IMO, even if there's a premium to be paid upon exchanging your crypto.  I'm sure there are a lot of folks in Croatia who don't have an easy way to convert bitcoin to cash.  If only the United States had a thing like this.

I think I read that fee is only 4%, so it is not too bad if you want to sell some crypto and get cash in hands almost instantaneously. If you read from beginning of this thread I post some links about similar services in Europe, this is not first time that national post office is offer buying / selling crypto.

There is actually even a easier way to convert crypto to cash in Croatia (some info say it will end next year due to new AML law), and it is physical store, or we may call it crypto bank where people can buy / sell up to some €1000 per transaction without any ID. https://www.bitcoin-store.hr/

In Switzerland it is possible to buy Bitcoin in all their train stations ticket machine, and even to pay tax in some parts of country.

https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/further-services/ticket-machine-services/bitcoin.html
Activity: 122
Merit: 43
@dzoni:
Do you serve only local people with the ID issued by the country of Croatia?
Or anyone from the EU/world?
You only buy crypto from people who already have it, and you don't sell crypto to the people, right?
Hey bitart, sorry for prolonged response. Anyway, the service is available to both local residents and tourists. You can use the service with an ID issued in any country in the world :-)

At this point in time we do not sell crypto, no. We hope to change that in the Autumn :-)
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
No, we can't send a letter and pay with bitcoin but we can exchange bitcoin to local currency.
I had Bitcoin Discussion on ignore and just un-ignored it, so I missed this thread completely--and I must say, wow!  This is a great service IMO, even if there's a premium to be paid upon exchanging your crypto.  I'm sure there are a lot of folks in Croatia who don't have an easy way to convert bitcoin to cash.  If only the United States had a thing like this.

It does seem weird to me that the post office would be offering a crypto exchange service.  Any idea why they'd be doing this (other than to make a profit)?

The post was created on July 25. Interesting to this day, were there any problems at this post office or was there any interest from the authorities?It would be interesting to know.
I'm curious, too--not necessarily about interest from authorities, but I'm wondering if a lot of people have used the service.  Nice to see some crypto adoption, even if it's in a country that I'll never visit.  Every little bit helps.
legendary
Ok just in the case somebody planning to visit Croatia as tourist and still don't know about this great news!  😁
Maybe another good reason to visit us and spend some crypto 😂😂
legendary
The post was created on July 25. Interesting to this day, were there any problems at this post office or was there any interest from the authorities?It would be interesting to know.

Several weeks ago I sew one review about this service in local section of this forum.
One user went to this post office and sold his btc funds.
He didn't have any problem,  just had to wait litl longer for confirmation and it seems worker in this post office still learning about this service  😁
I also sew some articles about it in some Croatian online portals but didn't see any official reaction until now.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
legendary
Personally,  I feel it's great to be able to buy or sell crypto in Croatian post office. 

Are you sure that Croatian post office provides buying of crypto, from what I see it is only for selling Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stellar, Ripple, EOS? As far as I can see this is just a pilot project, and it is questionable whether it will be approved nationally.

I find it bad that only one city was chosen like they want less promotion, and as far I know they would get a lot more exposure if they decided to add more cities on Adriatic cost, for example Dubrovnik where most tourists go because the popular Game of Thrones series was filmed there.

Ok you are probably right.
I still didn't have chance to try this service from post office but  really hope that soon this service will be available in my local post office. Can't wait 😀
Other questions I think only user Dzoni can answer because his company is partner with post office in this pilot project.
legendary
Personally,  I feel it's great to be able to buy or sell crypto in Croatian post office. 

Are you sure that Croatian post office provides buying of crypto, from what I see it is only for selling Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stellar, Ripple, EOS? As far as I can see this is just a pilot project, and it is questionable whether it will be approved nationally.

I find it bad that only one city was chosen like they want less promotion, and as far I know they would get a lot more exposure if they decided to add more cities on Adriatic cost, for example Dubrovnik where most tourists go because the popular Game of Thrones series was filmed there.
legendary
Before,  I was talking with many people about btc and crypto but most felt it's some kind of scam.
Now,  when I shared this new info about crypto exchange in the post office they couldn't believe it and became interesting again 😁
This decision will help acceptance of crypto in Croatia.
Pages:
Jump to: