Pages:
Author

Topic: Croatian post office now offer crypto exchange - page 7. (Read 1598 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
This is super incredible that some countries are gradually adapting the use of cryptocurrencies. I just hope other country's authorities can see this and also try to spend some time to understand the basic purpose of cryptocurrencies and how they can gradually transform the entire financial ecosystem.  We are just hoping other countries join soon..
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
I think that Nikola already answered you almost all your questions but just to add one comment here, thanks to their unique crypto payment processor paycek, even small shops can accept payments in bitcoin like one barbershop recently in capitol, Zagreb Smiley
Great work, Nikola!

Indeed, great job with adoption you have made over there, hope you all reap the benefits, and set an example for other countries to follow.
Activity: 805
Merit: 26
Can you believe it?
We, the Croatian Bitcoin community, are really shocked with this information and we did not expect this.
It seems that right now Croatian post office will offer this service as pilot project only in one city in Croatia- Zadar, but hopefullythis service will be extended soon to all post offices in the Republic of Croatia!
It's great step for bitcoin acceptance in Croatia.
So, what are you waiting for, come in Croatia and spend your bitcoin and other crypto here  Grin Grin Grin

So, you could now send a letter with some satoshis? Or do you mean a full exchange like the online exchanges? Its good to see adoption. I'd like clarification, Is this (postal) service private or state owned?
Croatia is a western country found in Europe. Well, it could be interesting that they adopt cryptocurrency in their post office. This is only the first time that I saw the crypto in post office which is for sending letters only. It is like an online exchange yet in form of a classical way of sending messages. I hope I can also use their services soon.
Activity: 122
Merit: 43

in my opinion is a big official recognition i hope soon in all post offices people can change, the 4% fee is in the average, i don't like the id / kyc request
Unfortunately KYC request is what law requires of us (or, to be precise, will require of us after 2020-01-01). We cannot change that...
Activity: 938
Merit: 159

in my opinion is a big official recognition i hope soon in all post offices people can change, the 4% fee is in the average, i don't like the id / kyc request
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Hi guys, this is Nick from Bitcoin mjenjačnica, the guys that are behind this Croatian Post project. I see you have a nice discussion going on here, sorry for not joining in sooner, I didn't use my bitcointalk.org account in years so I had trouble recovering it. Anyways, if you have any additional questions, just shoot, I'm here to serve :-)

--
Nikola Škorić
CEO, Electrocoin d.o.o.
https://bitcoin-mjenjacnica.hr/ | https://paycek.io/

Its good news none the less, and 4% seems reasonable for the physical exchange.

Do you also have an online exchange, and what are your fees over there? Is localbitcoins popular? Do you have any payment processors, that would take bitcoin and pay the merchant with your local money instead? Are there more plans regarding State involvement, perhaps tax payment, bills etc?

Can shops directly accept bitcoin in Croatia?

I think that Nikola already answered you almost all your questions but just to add one comment here, thanks to their unique crypto payment processor paycek, even small shops can accept payments in bitcoin like one barbershop recently in capitol, Zagreb Smiley
Great work, Nikola!
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Great news!

I've been waiting for a long time to trade BTC at a bank in the city, I'll be happy to use the Post Office. Today's exchanges deliver such poor services, there are opportunities for stores in the high street.

As I'm banking in Montenegro, Zadar is on my radar...
So that means that there is already a legalized crypto?
wow this is good, i hope my country can be like this. but the fees they charge are quite large. compared to withdrawing from the exchange. the average fee exchange is currently only 1% of the total withdrawal. maybe in the future when they are popular, they can reduce fees to be cheaper.
Crypto is not illegal in Croatia. There already are few crypto payment processors in Croatia which do have customers which take payments in crypto.
Do you also have an online exchange, and what are your fees over there?
Yup, check out the link in my signature ;-) This cooperation with Croatian Post was implemented by our company, Electrocoin d.o.o., which operates https://bitcoin-mjenjacnica.hr/ for 5 years now. We do business with customers in all of EU. Feel free to check out our fees on our web.

Is localbitcoins popular?
It is, and we (https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/bitcoin-mjenjacnica/) are the most popular localbitcoins account in the country and one of the most popular in the EU.

Do you have any payment processors, that would take bitcoin and pay the merchant with your local money instead?
Sure we have, again, check my signature ;-) https://paycek.io/ is Croatia's biggest crypto payment processor.

Are there more plans regarding State involvement, perhaps tax payment, bills etc?
Sure, Electrocoin d.o.o. is one of founders of Croatian association for blockchain and cryptocurrencies (https://ubik.hr/) and we are working really hard to engage Croatian state institutions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 301
wow this is good, i hope my country can be like this. but the fees they charge are quite large. compared to withdrawing from the exchange. the average fee exchange is currently only 1% of the total withdrawal. maybe in the future when they are popular, they can reduce fees to be cheaper.

Exchange has a lot of daily, even hourly customers so they can afford to have a lower fee. Slovenia has even higher fee if you buy bitcoin on the gas station.
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Hi guys, this is Nick from Bitcoin mjenjačnica, the guys that are behind this Croatian Post project. I see you have a nice discussion going on here, sorry for not joining in sooner, I didn't use my bitcointalk.org account in years so I had trouble recovering it. Anyways, if you have any additional questions, just shoot, I'm here to serve :-)

--
Nikola Škorić
CEO, Electrocoin d.o.o.
https://bitcoin-mjenjacnica.hr/ | https://paycek.io/

Its good news none the less, and 4% seems reasonable for the physical exchange.

Do you also have an online exchange, and what are your fees over there? Is localbitcoins popular? Do you have any payment processors, that would take bitcoin and pay the merchant with your local money instead? Are there more plans regarding State involvement, perhaps tax payment, bills etc?

Can shops directly accept bitcoin in Croatia?
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
This is really good news and also a big step for post office, especially because it's government owned. That shows their ntention to step up with time and endorse new technologies. Hope the fees will be acceptable and they will attract a lot of users. It's also a good thing for Bitcoin promotion in such small country.

I would have to agree, well it's quite a surprised that a government owned will suddenly be friendly to crypto so this is a welcoming news and could start a precedent (hopefully) and will spread like wildfire in Croatia. Definitely a win-win for Croatian crypto enthusiast.
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
That's cool. I would also like to be able to pay with cryptocurrency in my country, but unfortunately I do not have such an opportunity. I'm very happy for you. You have to promote crypto to the masses.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
This is very good news!
We know that neighboring country Slovenia is pro-crypto oriented,
and I think has some influence for sure, and it should spread more if you ask me.

Local crypto communities should gather and educate people for free,
explain them why decentralized crypto and Bitcoin is important, how to use wallets, exchanges,
private and public keys, safety and much more.

Or we may one day wake up with people using Libra or similar fake fed-coin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
What can i say, it looks like Croatia supports crypto. The creation of such exchangers testifies to the positive attitude of the authorities towards crypto. Congratulations!
If official institutions start working with cryptocurrency, then these are the first steps to legalize cryptocurrency in the country.  And perhaps there are already certain laws that regulate the activity in the cryptocurrency market and the use of cryptocurrency in Croatia.  This is really good for the Croats.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
What can i say, it looks like Croatia supports crypto. The creation of such exchangers testifies to the positive attitude of the authorities towards crypto. Congratulations!
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
https://emirex.com

This is a very encouraging news especially for many cryptocurrency lovers, holders and plain enthusiasts in Croatia. Let's hope the service can be profitable and be patronized by a good number of customers so it can be thriving and will not be stopped for lack of patronage. This is one news that is worth spreading by the Bitcoin community in the said country. I am hoping that soon we can see postal offices in other countries adopt the same offering...this can definitely help in promoting cryptocurrency towards the goal of making it mainstream.
Activity: 128
Merit: 2
This is an exchange point with an opportunity to exchange 5 top cryptocurrencies to cash and it is really a big step for the Croatian crypto community. I think that other similar points will be opened soon.
Lucius, you are right, Bitcoin Store does allow buying and selling cryptocurrencies without ID, but that's going to end with 1.1.2020. when new AML law comes into effect in Croatia. Our cooperation with Croatian Post was built with long term in mind so we created the process to abide with the new law from the start. So, in few months Bitcoin Store will also have to abide by the law and buying and selling crypto without ID will, unfortunately, be impossible in Croatia. We would gladly offer that service if that would be possible...
Pages:
Jump to: