Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold? - page 16. (Read 2302 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Most people do not know about crypto, they do not know that crypto is superior because of technology compared to gold. That is the reason why people prefer gold  if we compare it, crypto has good technology, but gold does not have technology just in the form of bars or shaped money. Probably because the gold price stabilized thoroughly, then many people who want to invest. In contrast, crypto prices are sometimes unstable and difficult to predict, and this is a acceptable reason why people prefer to invest gold.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

There is definitely the possibility that this could happen. However, it's not guaranteed.

As you said, there are similarities between gold and bitcoin that can clearly be drawn quite easily. However, we see that gold is much more stable in value in real terms (inflation adjusted) compared to both fiat currency and bitcoin at the moment.

The main thing that makes crypto so volatile in my opinion is still the fact that it's relatively new, and markets are not as mature as the gold market. The number of adopters are still extremely small in bitcoin's case, compared to gold. I would not say that BTC can necessarily ever eclipse gold in terms of short and long term stability, but as adoption rates rise and more merchants start accepting BTC, there is no doubt that BTC will become less volatile over time. We're already seeing that now. The corrections and nowhere as large as a few years before.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Well for me bitcoin/crypto is more volatile than gold.Even though that bitcoin has a great value it can never beat the stability of the value of gold.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
Gold is a physical store of value. At the end of the day you are holding in your hands a gleaming piece of metal that has an arbitrary price affixed because of its value in certain industrial processes and as a benchmark of luxury.

Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin has no real world existence outside the digital realm, no industrial utility, and is at best a hyped up version of user points or in-game currency.

There's a reason why Gold, traded over centuries, has a lesser volatility than Cryptocurrency, that's been in vogue for a few years at best: trust honed by long experience.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
I don't think so.
Even if Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is adopted by all the people, there will be whales that can manipulate prices.
The reason why gold price is more stable is not its adoption. Gold price is controlled by central banks.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

Maybe one day in the far future. I can't imagine it will be possible that cryptocurrencies become less volatile then gold in near future.

If you see price of gold it take few months or years to change price a little, and cryptocurrency price can jump +- 30% in a day.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0

What do you guys think?
Pages:
Jump to: