Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 2. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 24, 2018, 04:37:50 AM
Crypto is more accurately said asset and not currency , this is because for transactions of course can be done directly like cash, and it will never happen with bitcoin, if we can pay online with bitcoin but we can not pay offline.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
March 24, 2018, 03:48:29 AM
As term for cryptos as digital currency it carry the use of medium of exchange in the digital market in making transactions in the internet , payments, and it also has the property of an asset as it is term as investments in the digital world market wherein the money you invest will gain profits of your save investment.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
for now I personally use crypto as an asset for investment, not as a means of payment or currency, in fact my country still does not allow the use of bitcoin as a means of payment, and bitcoin is also not official state money, so it is difficult to use bitcoin as a currency that we can spend at a supermarket or grocery store
Activity: 168
March 24, 2018, 02:27:32 AM
I think you will have different cryptocurrencies serving different functions, some as assets and others as currencies, and some as both. We are already seeing different niches develop. Perhaps the notion of one-size-fits-all needs to be discarded for a healthy evolution of this market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
March 24, 2018, 02:16:14 AM
It can use by both the ways, it depends where you are living, I.e. if you are living in japan, chile, US and arab countries you can use crypto as currency, but if you are living where crypto is not a legal tender but can use for trading purposes than we can say crypto is asset for them because they are using it for profit making.

Yes I agree they're both an asset and a currency but to a certain countries only. But here in our country it is an asset because bitcoin is not recognized legally by the government so therefore it is an asset.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
March 24, 2018, 01:36:42 AM
It can use by both the ways, it depends where you are living, I.e. if you are living in japan, chile, US and arab countries you can use crypto as currency, but if you are living where crypto is not a legal tender but can use for trading purposes than we can say crypto is asset for them because they are using it for profit making.
Activity: 224
March 24, 2018, 01:09:08 AM
Encryption is an asset and a currency.

There is no doubt that the work of digital money has changed over time and is now being used as an investment model rather than a mainstream way of trading.

Personally, I use bitcoin as an asset so that I can live a relaxed life after retirement.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH
March 24, 2018, 12:53:38 AM
Crypto is an asset or currency, it is a curious question for everyone. In this forum I found this type of questions every single day. Sometimes I give answer and sometimes I don't. Do you know what is asset? If you know than cryptocurrencies are a asset or not to find out will be easy.
Asset is an item of property owned by a person or company, regarded as having value and available to meet debts, commitments, or legacies. In this definition if the cryptocurrencies are your asset but illegal. So this is not acceptable asset. Then what is currency?
A currency, in the most specific use of the word, refers to money in any form when in actual use or circulation as a medium of exchange, especially circulating banknotes and coins. According to this definition, which is the medium of exchange is the currency. So you can say that cryptocurrencies are asset as well as a currency.
Activity: 79
March 23, 2018, 04:35:58 PM
As far as I know G20 decided that crypto is an asset. In such case it is easier to regulate it for governments. If it were a currency there would be a number of dubious issues such as currency bank control, etc
Activity: 280
March 23, 2018, 04:30:01 PM
I think crypto is an asset, it is not money. Because we can only convert them to money to use. We can not use it directly to buy anything in the present
To some extent I am  not agree with your discussion because in almost every market now it is very easy to use bitcoin for direct payment infect it is safer than cash, as you will pay by yourself as there will be no extra cutting or detection from your bitcoin wallet. You will be able to pay by yourself. I have bought a lot of goods from one of supermarket name Chen one which is very good market has all the brands and they were accepting bitcoin for payment, so we can use bitcoin for asset to hold and as currency to buy new thing.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
March 23, 2018, 12:08:11 PM
I think crypto is an asset, it is not money. Because we can only convert them to money to use. We can not use it directly to buy anything in the present
This depends on each person's point of view, while others think that crypto is currency. But I think crypto carries many of the characteristics of a property. As you said, we can't use it directly to buy anything in the present. But we can invest in it and can make a lot of money. In addition, the characteristic volatility also makes the crypto more like a asset
Activity: 714
March 23, 2018, 12:08:01 PM
Yes, we have to be optimistic about the future of crypto, now almost all countries do a special study on crypto so this is a good opportunity if we invest crypto when the price is still cheap like now, the future will continue to improve.
It's either crypto is an asset or a currency, it is just the same for me because since from the start, all I think about crypto is the way it functions in the economy. Apparently, most countries somewhere in America, believe that bitcoin is a big hit despite of its bubble issue whenever there is a problem is being raised. Overall, for me they could be asset and a currency and of course it's one of a kind.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
March 23, 2018, 12:04:15 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

The purpose of bitcoin inversement is to replace the paper currency and to use it as asset too.In simple word,bitcoin is created to act as a gold and as well as currency.At first it is used as asset.Now it's used as a currency too.Many online transaction now accepting bitcoin as a one of the payment.
Activity: 98
March 23, 2018, 11:30:11 AM
The idea of crypto is to erase borders dividing asset from money and from contract Cheesy

I think bitcoin is a currency that will be also consider as an asset. It is currency because it has value that you can keep and make it to increase while it can be consider as an asset because we can appreciate over for a long time.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
March 23, 2018, 10:33:37 AM
For me I think it is more of a currency rather an asset factor for the reason that to be an asset, it must continually appreciate over time, and given the nature of bitcoin now and its volatility as of the moment I think it is quite hard to judge what could be the next chapter in the cryptomarket would be.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
March 23, 2018, 10:05:03 AM
Crypto is more worth saying as an asset, if the crpto is a currency it certainly has a physical form and its value is not very volatile like it is happening right now, and I hope all countries immediately legalize bitcoin to reduce unemployment and improve prosperity.
Activity: 142
crestonium.io - 0% fees cryptobank
March 23, 2018, 09:13:30 AM
For me crypto currency is an asset because you can keep it for a long time and the value will increase more higher than the original price. It can be a currency also since you can use it when you need money anytime.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 23, 2018, 09:04:20 AM
I agree with you that the cryptocurrencies are still asset because they are generating profit for us since they are volatile and their market is more likely to go up rather than to go down because of their new technology. They are not yet currency because they cannot use for our daily basis activities like buying a coffee or buying simple things.
Activity: 484
March 23, 2018, 08:31:45 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
March 23, 2018, 08:30:18 AM
You can't do an analysis of something that is constantly changing, this is why it is very difficult to give names into cryptoworld

And at this point of the cryptomarket evolution there are so many parties involved that for someone it is better if Crypto are assets, but there's a lot of people that would crypto to be a currency in order to exchange it for goods, expecially in poor countries, when 10000 satoshis can be a lot an can give you tha possibility to buy food or cloths.

It is an interesting pattern by the way
There are tokens that aim to resolve this problem as for example Air Tokens, but we are far away from real acceptance and use.

We need to believe Grin
Pages:
Jump to: